Activate internal USB Header for Fenvi T919 - ASUS PRIME Z390-A Hackintosh Build Guide w/ RX 5700 XT

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime Z390-A Gaming
CPU
i7 9700KF
GPU
XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc II Ultra
Hey all,

Thank you for having me here.
I followed @Hackintosher Guide on ASUS PRIME Z390-A Hackintosh Build Guide w/ RX 5700 XT and everything worked fine until I bought the Fenvi T919 which need a internal usb header.

I used the aml file which was uploaded with the guide.
How can I remap the USB ports in order to use the Bluetooth Function?

Or does anyone else have a aml. file which he or she is likely to share with me?
Wouldn't mind to loose ports on the back on my computer. For example the USB2.0 Ports next to the PS2 Port.

Iam a Beginner and tried to follow this Guide: https://hackintosher.com/builds/asus-prime-z390-hackintosh-build-guide-w-rx-5700-xt/ which was recommended in the comment section of @Hackintosher 's guide without success.

Thank you very much in advance

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime Z390-A Gaming
CPU
i7 9700KF
GPU
Got a solution... but its no ideal. I used a USB cable to connect the Fenvi to the external USB conncector.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
That's not ideal but as you say it is a solution.

Are you using the two USB port limit patches that Hackintosher included in the config.plist for Catalina, which he provided as part of his guide. If yes, thenyou should have all of your USB ports connected/active and that includes the Internal USB header ports on the motherboard. You should be connecting your Bluetooth module to one of the three USB 2.0 internal header ports, located along the bottom edge of the motherboard.

Screenshot 2020-04-21 at 16.27.06.png Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard

See the items labelled #14, these are the three USB 2.0 headers.

The alternative is to edit the SSDT-UIAC that Hackintosher provided for the Asus Prime Z390- A motherboard.

The SSDT provided as part of the guide contains all the USB ports that are available from the motherboard, including the internal motherboard header ports, one of which you should use for the Bluetooth connection.

Here is a guide on how to create and edit an SSDT-UIAC.aml, the guide was created by UtterDisbelief over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime Z390-A Gaming
CPU
i7 9700KF
GPU
Hey Edhawk, Thanks for your responses.

I have tried the "USB E12 Port" labelled #14 and it didnt work out for me.
After that I took a look in his guide and I understood him in this way as he had to disable the internal USB ports as he needs the available port 'capacity of mac' to enable the USB 3.0 / C ports on the IO of his mainboard.

The comments below this guide also deals with the "problem" that these internal ports are disabled.
Am I wrong with that?

I used his aml file which is below his chapter about the USB ports.

"
Enabling USB3 Speeds & Detection on Z390 Ports
To get USB3 speeds working on a motherboard the USB ports must be mapped correctly with an SSDT-USB.aml file placed in/Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/APCI/patched/
The USB port limit in macOS in 14 ports. There are a total of 14 ports on the backside of the motherboard IO (USB3 ports count as 2 per port because they also support USB2). The case I’m using has 3 front ports 2 USB3 and 1 Type-C port bringing the total number of ports to 20 well over the macOS port limit. To enable all ports a USB port-limit patch is also included in my config.plist for 10.15 under Kernel Kext & Patches. If you would like to remove the port limit patch you will need to play around with my SSDT-USB.aml and remove the ports you don’t mind having disabled, but that will require you to know on how to edit a USB SSDT with magiASL.

Only use this SSDT-USB.aml if you have a ASUS Prime Z390-A any other motherboard is going to have a different rear IO layout and will mess up which ports work when you try booting macOS.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes, you are correct Hackintosher has omitted ports HS05, HS06, HS11 and HS12 (all USB 2.0 ports) probably controlling the internal motherboard headers, well two of them at least.

He has also omitted SS05 and SS06 from the SSDT he provided.

Surprisingly he has exceeded the USB port limit with the SSDT. It contains/activates 18 USB ports, is should only activate 15 ports, to keep within Apple's USB port limit.

If you were to use this SSDT you would need to omit 3 additional ports to keep within the 15 port limit.

If you don't use the ASUS Prime Z390-A SSDT-UIAC-All.aml, i.e. remove/delete it from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, and instead rely on the Catalina USB port limit patches. Then you should have the three USB header ports available.
  • You can then discover which port you need to enable in a revised SSDT, with the Bluetooth module connected to one of the internal headers.
  • You would only need to active one of the two ports attached to the internal header, whichever one the BT uses.
  • If you have an older case which has USB 2.0 ports available you may want to activate another internal header.
  • If you only want the BT connected to an internal header you would only have to disable one of the existing ports. I would probably select a USB 2.0 port attached to the USB Type-C or USB 3.1 ports.
  • The USB 2.0 port connected to the USB Type-C port is not going to be used. Unless you are using a Type-C multi-port adapter you can not physically connect a USB 2.0 device to a Type-C port.
The SSDT shouldn't be called by that name if not ALL ports are enabled!

I have found a USB port map for your Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard.

Asus Prime Z390-A USB port map.jpg USB port mapping image.

The only ports not accounted for are the Type-C ports case/front port designated U31G, item #8 on the previous motherboard image provided in post #3.

This Type-C port is probably connected to ports SS05 and SS06, as these are not identified or used anywhere else on the image.

This may help you sort out which ports you need and want to use and which you can do without when running macOS.

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime Z390-A Gaming
CPU
i7 9700KF
GPU
ok thank you very much for you effort to help me.
I will probably try to modify the USB C Port you are suggesting on the IO and activate one internal header for the Bluetooth function. My case is connected to the HS/SS07/08 Header - these ports work pretty fine.
I will let you guys know how I progress and may upload my modified files as soon as I have tested them.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes, that is correct. All of the ports will be active when you use the Raise USB port limit patches.

This sounds great, but it is not advised to use these patches longterm. As you can encounter unexpected sleep/reboot and other issues if your USB ports are not correctly configured for macOS.

This is why the creation of the SSDT-UIAC is recommended, it prevents the sleep/reboot and other issues.

The raise USB port limit patches allow you to discover which ports you actually use and need. So you can explicitly disable the unused ports, and keep to Apple's 15 port limit.

Your motherboard has a fair number of USB ports. These according to the specification for the motherboard:
  1. Intel® Z390 Chipset : 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s)
  2. Intel® Z390 Chipset : 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (3 at mid-boardl)
  3. Intel® Z390 Chipset : 2 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel)
  4. GL852G USB Hub : 4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
Taking in to account that each USB 3.1 or Type-C port needs to be counted twice (due to them having a virtual USB 2.0 port for backwards compatibility), your motherboard has a total of 15 Physical ports and 9 virtual ports, for a total of 24 possible USB ports. This is a fairly common number on a PC motherboard.

So you would need to drop 9 of the 24 ports to keep within the 15 port limit.

Personally I would do the following:
  • Drop 3 of the 4 internal USB 2.0 ports identified under item 4 above.
    • This is possible if you are only using one USB 2 header port for the Bluetooth USB, that means you can drop three USB 2.0 ports from the internal headers.
  • Drop the 3 USB 2.0 virtual ports attached to the USB 3.1 ports under item 2 above.
  • Drop the 2 USB 2.0 ports connected to the U31G1_C5 Type-C port connector on the motherboard, also listed under item 2 above.
  • Drop 1 of the USB 2.0 ports from the 4 USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports on the rear I/O plate. Usually the one that is most awkward to get access to is how I chose which port to drop.
That would leave you with 6 x USB 2 ports (3 physical and 3 virtual), 7 x USB 3.1 and 2 xType-C ports for use under macOS.

This would bring you down to the 15 port limit. Which could then be used to create a revised SSDT-UIAC for your system.

The only unknowns here are which port your Bluetooth would be connected to and which of the three USB 2.0 ports would be dropped from the 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports on the rear I/O plate. Once you know these two pieces of information editing the SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system would be simple.

If you were at some point in the future to add a Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card to the system you would not need to worry about the new Type-C ports. As these would be working from a different USB controller, usually XHC5, with its own 15 port limit.

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime Z390-A Gaming
CPU
i7 9700KF
GPU
Thank you! I managed it.
I set these 15 ports - may switch in the future to youre suggested ports and disable USB 2.0 for Gen 3.1 instead of 3.2.
HS06 is the internal USB header E12.
Bildschirmfoto 2020-04-21 um 21.11.27.png

For everyone - feel free to use my kext.

Just delete the ASUS Prime Z390-A SSDT-UIAC-All.aml it from the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched and replace the USBInjectAll.kext with my attached USBPorts.kext.
Problem solved!

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Good to hear you have solved the issue.

Tof

macOS
Mobo
ASUS PRIME Z390-A
CPU
Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7GHz
GPU
Asrock ASRCV030512 Carte Graphique Radeon RX 560 1176 MHz
Thank you very much to all !

I had same issue and now the bluetooth of the Fenvi T919 is working on my Hackintosh

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU
Intel Core i5 9600k
GPU
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Vega 64
Hey Folks,

First time Hackintosh builder here.

I have managed to get my Hack up and running and I love it. I bought a Fenvi T919 and I used @fabianxfighter 's kext but I still don't have functional bluetooth. I know its not the card, as my hack is a dual boot and the Bluetooth functions fine in Windows.

Driving me a bit nuts now, anyone give me any further pointers?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Sounds like you need to check the USB header port the Bluetooth module is connected to on the motherboard is configured and active in macOS.

Here is a link to a guide, it is over at Tonymacx86 by UtterDisbelief, for creating a SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext. As each system is setup differently you need to create a custom SSDT-UIAC for your specific needs/system - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390-A
CPU
Intel Core i5 9600k
GPU
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon Vega 64
Nice one @Edhawk !!! I followed the instructions in the video you recommended and everything is working perfectly now with my bluetooth and my port mapping!!

Thanks a million for the advice, you are a legend!!

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero WiFi
CPU
I7-8700K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ RX580 8GB
@ Edhawk I ran the USB port mapping process with Hackintool. It produced SSDT-EC-USBX.aml as well as the USBPorts.kext. I am on OpenCore 0.59 for the Coffee Lake build (2018 ASUS ROG MaximusX Hero WiFi Guide on this site). I used the sample SSDT-EC-USBX.aml to start but I replaced the sample with the output from the Hackintool port mapping. Did I do that correctly?

BTW - the OC boot seems to be working fine. I am on OSX 10.15.6

UPDATE: so - that was interesting. What I did here did NOT work. I had to revert to the sample SSDT-EC-USBX.aml. Once I did that, everything seems to be working fine with my 15 ports ID in Hackintool showing correctly.

Last edited: