macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z370A
CPU
Intel 8700K
GPU
Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 8GB
Hi guys,

I'm in a weird situation... I had an almost "flawless" Mojave system, the only reason I wanted to reinstall the OS because something happened with FCP, and I couldn't run it anyhow... and now after completing the installation, instead of the finalising screen i get only a grey blank screen (with the cursor I can move)... and the weirdest thing, trying again to reinstall, I couldn't even start. I get error right after starting... So I guess first it might be the graphics settings in EFI settings... but another weird thing that when I'm trying to reinstall again, I get this error message (seen on the attached pic), and here are my EFI config files...
Thanks in advance for any help :)

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No config files! If you are going to provide them, make it the whole Clover folder not just the config.plist.

Screenshot shows issues with NTFS driver. Remove anyother hard disks, SSD's or NVME drives from the system except the one you are using to install macOS. You can reconnect/install them again when you have finished setting up macOS.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z370A
CPU
Intel 8700K
GPU
Thanks for your reply, and yeah, since that I was playing with removing the drives, and I managed to reinstall again, but the results are the same, when i get to the final part of the installation (finalizing settings) I only get grey screen with a mouse cursor I can move, but once I push the left click it disappears :D Sorry I couldn't get the error message for this yet...And weird, but I couldnt post the google drive link here with my EFI folder :(

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
First option: Remove your RX580 boot in to macOS with just the Intel GPU. See if that works.

Second option: Check you are using the latest release of Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext. Some older versions were known to cause Grey/Black screen issues.

Attach your CLOVER folder, no need to attach the Boot or Apple folders in the EFI folder. Apple folder is reason for size being too large for attachment.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I can read your EFI folder thanks.

You need to update the version of CLOVER you are running. You are running a pre-r5000 version of Clover, the current version is now r5103. I can tell this as the folder structure in the newer version of Clover is different to the versions before r5000.

Your /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder is a mess. It has a number of new and old drivers. As well as a couple of duplicate drivers.

Your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder has a lot of kexts, most of which are not required for booting your system.

I have checked your USBPorts.kext, and would confim that it looks wrong for your system. The SSDT-UIAC.aml in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder looks better but still only activates 11 ports.

Your motherboard has the following USB ports:
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel, teal blue, Type-A, Support 3A power output)​
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (1 at back panel, , USB Type-CTM, Support 3A power output)​
Intel® Z370 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)​
Intel® Z370 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, , 4 at mid-board)​

The Asmedia USB ports are not part of the Apple 15 port limit, as they are not supported by Apple. They are not helped or activated by the USB port limit patches or the use of USBInjectAll.kext. So I have added mXHCD.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, as this kext should enable these Asmedia ports.

The 6 USB 3.1 and 6 USB 2.0 ports (Intel chipset) are equivalent to 18 virtual USB ports, as each USB 3 port also has an accompanying USB 2 port. Your USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml should ideally activate 15 ports, with three ports that you don't use/need being dropped. I would recommend you go back and recreate your SSDT-UIAC.aml. In the meantime I have deleted the USBports.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml from the attached CLOVER folder. As they are likely to cause more problems than they fix.

Your config.plist is missing a number of common fixes and patches.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to use. Replace your current CLOVER folder with the one attached, use the whole CLOVER folder not just parts of the folder, as the config calls on a number of the new items in the other sub-folders.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z370A
CPU
Intel 8700K
GPU
thanks for your effort! I'm trying with your update... but this time the apple logo is showing up. but no boot process at al :( (even the HDD led is not showing any sign at all)

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Boot with -v (verbose boot argument) so you can see where the kernel panic is happening. It is likely an issue with the wrong Aptio driver being used.

Selecting the wrong Aptio driver for a system causes an early kernel panic, this is common and usually easily fixed.

There are a number of alternative 'Aptio' drivers you can try, I have attached a folder with the alternaives for you to use. The drivers are as follows:
  1. AptioMemoryFix.efi
  2. OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
  3. OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
  4. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
Just make sure you only have one of these 'Aptio' drivers installed in your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder at any one time, otherwise you will end up with a different kernel panic.

Attachments

Latest posts