Any success with Radeon VII?

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Maximus X Code
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core 3.7 GHz
GPU
GIGABYTE Radeon VII
I had a great set up going with an RX-580, but decided last minute to upgrade to the Radeon VII for the Division 2 (I know, I was a sucker for the marketing campaign). At that price, I really wanted to go Nvidia, but the priority was maintaining the dual-boot Windows/Hackintosh set up.

Well, I made the impulsive purchase without verifying Radeon VII had been broken in by this fine community. The first time I booted from Clover into MacOS, all I received was a small grey, non-responsive tile on my monitors. I'll attach a screenshot momentarily.

Has anyone had any success getting the Radeon VII working? I see all the press releases and early forums from Jan/Feb 2019. Also saw the press release saying RADEON VII had been verified for an eGPU kit.

Any advice/feedback is appreciated!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I believe Mojave 10.14.5, which was released this week has updated AMD drivers that will work with the Radeon VII.

You will need to upgrade your Hack to10.14.5 to get any use out of the new AMD GPU. Might be worth uninstalling the AMD GPU while you upgrade your Hack and just use the Intel GFX until 10.14.5 is installed.

Then add the Radeon VII and see how it boots.

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Maximus X Code
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K 6-Core 3.7 GHz
GPU
GIGABYTE Radeon VII
Appreciate the feedback. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Latest posts