macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Web Driver Manager
  • Configurable, free and open-source menu bar app automating some common web-driver-related tasks and troubleshooting options
  • Installing: Download the latest image from the Releases page at GitHub
updater@2x-min.png
How to: Install the latest NVIDIA web drivers

• Select Show Driver Updater in the status menu
  • If an update is available, select it and press Install Selected
  • The drivers will be downloaded and installed

How to: Allow the web drivers to start on a different version of macOS from that for which they were built (after a macOS update, running macOS beta etc.) - 3 ways...
  1. using NvidiaGraphicsFixup
    • Enable the Boot Arguments menu item's visibility in the application Preferences
    • Select Show Boot Arguments in the status menu
    • Press the ngfxcompat button to add the NvidiaGraphicsFixup force compatibility option
    • Press the Save button to save boot-args to NVRAM, then restart
  2. using Clover's KextsToPatch
    • Enable the Clover Settings menu item's visibility in the application Preferences
    • Check Ignore NVDARequiredOS in the Clover Settings sub-menu of the status menu, then restart
  3. patching Info.plist
    • Enable the Kernel Extensions menu item's visibility in the application Preferences
    • Select Patch Startup Personalities in the Kernel Extensions sub-menu of the status menu, then restart
Notes: Options 1 + 2 are persistent after macOS and driver updates. Option 3 invalidates kexts so disable SIP as needed. Saving the NVRAM boot arguments in option 1 requires unrestricted NVRAM so either boot with this permission (e.g. disabling SIP) or add 'ngfxcompat=1' manually to your Clover boot arguments.

menu@2x-min.png

How to: Create an unlocked NVIDIA driver package locally (macOS update, beta etc.)
  • Enable the Package Installer menu item's visibility in the application Preferences
  • Select Show Package Installer in the status menu
  • Drag and drop an NVIDIA installer package, a drivers package will be created on your desktop
  • If necessary enable drivers with e.g. the ngfxcompat=1 boot argument

Links

Project Page: https://github.com/vulgo/WebDriverManager
Releases Page: https://github.com/vulgo/WebDriverManager/releases

Attachments

Last edited:

Hirayoki22

macOS
Mobo
MSI B150 M3
CPU
Intel i5 6500 3.20Ghz
GPU
Gigabyte GTX 1060 G1 3GB
Is the app not working anymore? Nothing happens when I click on it

macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Is the app not working anymore? Nothing happens when I click on it
Updated attachments in post #1. Apple changed the way EFI partitions are treated in 10.13.6, while the security improvement is welcome, this app needs a redesign to accommodate the changes properly. As things are - if you want to use the Clover settings feature mount your EFI partition before starting WebDriverManager.

The updater is also available as a bash script here.

Last edited:

Latest posts