macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370 Pro4
CPU
Intel i5 8400
GPU
Radeon RX 580 4 GB
Hello everyone,

I have successfully used this site for many years to run my hackintosh (currently 10.15.7 / Clover).

I would like to set up the system once completely (because of a new hard disk) and upgrade to Big Sur. You can find my hardware information in the user info block.

Unfortunately this has been failing for several days. I have approached Opencore and read all the documentation and bugfixing. I currently end up with this error:

...AppleUSBXHCI::raiseOnePowerStateTo: host controller was not haltet, USBStatus 0x0000000000...

I guess a problem with EHCI, EC or port limitation, because this had to be patched with every release change. I think the USB stick is ejected at this point before the boot process is continued.

An alternative attempt with Clover r5126 did not work and the boot process stops as well.

Do any of you have a recommendation to upgrade my Hackintosh to BigSur with the components in my profile?
Use Clover or Opencore?

I would be very happy if someone can support me and give me good hints to continue.

I can provide my EFI Folder, when needed!

Attachments

nixnick

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370 Pro4
CPU
Intel i5 8400
GPU
Radeon RX 580 4 GB
Ok, I did it...OC and Z370 completely with BS 11.0.1. thanks for the attention :geek:

franco77

macOS
Mobo
ASRock Z370 Extreme 4
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
AMD RX 5700 XT
Hi Nixnick, I do have a slightly different setup (AS Rock Z370 Extreme4, i7 8700K and AMD RX 5700 XT). Since the “disappearance” of Hackintosher I'm kind of an orphan. I had relied on his guide for every setup I made in the last few years.

Can you point me to some guide online that you have followed? I'm on 10.15.7/Clover and I would like an attempt at upgrading to Big Sur.

Thanks
F.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I would recommend the following:

Read the OC guide for the OpenCore pre-requisites, specifically the ACPI section - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/prerequisites.html

Read and follow the OC Coffee Lake config.plist setup - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html

Once you have an OpenCore EFI folder for your system, read and follow the Clover Conversion guide - https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/tree/master/clover-conversion

You are probably better off switching to OpenCore before you try to upgrade the OS.

You would be advised to create a Clone of your Catalina macOS drive, and to undertake the Big Sur upgrade on the Cloned drive. So your main drive is not messed up, if the upgrade goes wrong.

Carbon Copy Cloner works with Catalina and Big Sur so I would recommend that application over SuperDuper.