macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Hello folks!

This is my first attempt at macOS. Im trying to get the installer to work but seems to fail.
My settings followed mostly the z390 aorus master guide, but a got a bit confused in them.
The usb bootable step was solved by using an usb2 hub..
Still getting this panic and struck in the process. Any help would be appreciated!

Used kexts:
fakesmc
lilu
intelmausiethernet
usbinjectall
whatevergreen
xhci-unsupported

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
How have you created your USB installer? (Unibeast or CreateInstallMedia?)
Where did you download the Mojave installation application?
Which version of macOS Mojave are you trying to install?

Post a copy of your /EFI/CLOVER folder so we can see what you are using to boot.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
How have you created your USB installer? (Unibeast or CreateInstallMedia?)
Where did you download the Mojave installation application?
Which version of macOS Mojave are you trying to install?

Post a copy of your /EFI/CLOVER folder so we can see what you are using to boot.
Hy!
I created the USB by the apple mojave command "createinstallmedia".
I did download the install app to a MacBook Air mid2012, then copied over to usb.
The installer's info says version 14.4.08, not sure if im looking at the right info.
Attaching my EFI, ty for help.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
@fenrirwolf, the way you have created your USB install drive is the correct method to use, in my opinion.

I have had a look at your CLOVER folder and made the following changes:
  • Added SSDT-XOSI to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
  • Deleted the drivers64 folder
  • Updated and added some drivers to /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
  • Added AppleALC.kext and NoVPAJpeg.kext to /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  • Removed HWMonitor App from /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  • Deleted the numbered OSX folders from /CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder.
  • Added CLOVER theme 'Metal' to your /CLOVER/themes folder.
I have made the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Added a number of DSDT/SSDT rename patches.
  • Added a number of DSDT/SSDT fixes.
  • Added PluginType=1
  • Added two ACPI fixes
  • Added darkwake=10 boot argument
  • Removed two debug boot arguments
  • Added Legacy=PBR
  • Added NeverHibernate=true
  • Changed the Audio Inject Layout=16 to Layout=1
  • Deleted an unnecessary Devices > Properties entry for Device ID.
  • Added mouse settings
  • Added English Language
  • Added Screen Resolution= 1920x1080
  • Added 'metal' theme
  • Added number of common Hide Volume names.
  • Added Inject Intel=true
  • Added ig-platform-id= 0X3E920003
  • Added Kernel fix AppleIntelCPUPM=true
  • Removed USB port limit patch for Mojave 10.14.x
  • Added USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.4
  • Added Enable Trim patch
  • Set SIP to Disabled CsrActiveConfig=0x67
  • Changed your MLB to match the Serial Board number from your SMBIOS
  • Generated a ROM code, based on your SMBIOS
  • Checked you SMBIOS Serial Number with EveryMac and Apple Support, all good.
Try this CLOVER folder in place of your current one, just remember to rename the folder to CLOVER.

Let me know how you get on.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
@fenrirwolf, the way you have created your USB install drive is the correct method to use, in my opinion.

I have had a look at your CLOVER folder and made the following changes:
  • Added SSDT-XOSI to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched.
  • Deleted the drivers64 folder
  • Updated and added some drivers to /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
  • Added AppleALC.kext and NoVPAJpeg.kext to /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  • Removed HWMonitor App from /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  • Deleted the numbered OSX folders from /CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder.
  • Added CLOVER theme 'Metal' to your /CLOVER/themes folder.
I have made the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Added a number of DSDT/SSDT rename patches.
  • Added a number of DSDT/SSDT fixes.
  • Added PluginType=1
  • Added two ACPI fixes
  • Added darkwake=10 boot argument
  • Removed two debug boot arguments
  • Added Legacy=PBR
  • Added NeverHibernate=true
  • Changed the Audio Inject Layout=16 to Layout=1
  • Deleted an unnecessary Devices > Properties entry for Device ID.
  • Added mouse settings
  • Added English Language
  • Added Screen Resolution= 1920x1080
  • Added 'metal' theme
  • Added number of common Hide Volume names.
  • Added Inject Intel=true
  • Added ig-platform-id= 0X3E920003
  • Added Kernel fix AppleIntelCPUPM=true
  • Removed USB port limit patch for Mojave 10.14.x
  • Added USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.4
  • Added Enable Trim patch
  • Set SIP to Disabled CsrActiveConfig=0x67
  • Changed your MLB to match the Serial Board number from your SMBIOS
  • Generated a ROM code, based on your SMBIOS
  • Checked you SMBIOS Serial Number with EveryMac and Apple Support, all good.
Try this CLOVER folder in place of your current one, just remember to rename the folder to CLOVER.

Thanks for the modifications.
It does seem to work, but:
After the installer "finishes" (the subtitles end) it states attempting system restart as i could see, coz it goes away in 1 sec.
Then the restart happens and clover boots in again. Pulling out the usb looks like nothing happened, the pc boots into bios again without any boot priorty entry in my list.
How to debug this?

I got an achi ssd(120gb) and an NVME ssd(1tb). Want to install the op system to the smaller ssd, and the data would go to the bigger..

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
The Verbose text is not the end of the installation. It is the beginning of the Clover boot to macOS and is used to see what is causing any stops/kernel panics.

The installation should get you to a Wizard that allows you to install macOS on your SSD. There are three stages to the installation so your system will not have completed the installation as things stand.

While running the installer I would suggest removing any other drives, including your NVMe data drive. So it has less chance of any issues with other components or of macOS ending up on the wrong drive. This goes for any other components or peripherals that you have attached to your system, unconnected them till macOS is up and running. When you have Mojave installed with it booting from a Clover install from the SSD, then and only then start adding the other components, drives and peripherals.

What make and model of NVMe drive do you have, Samsung Evo 970 or similar?

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Yes its a Samsung 970 Pro.
So i start plugging out all the unnecessary things except the 120gb achi (HP M700) ssd, until i get the install working.

Update: got the nvme ssd out, still no success :(

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Have you checked your bios settings are correct for running macOS?

Boot in to your bios and make sure any and all of these options are set correctly in your system:
  1. Set your Bios to Optimised Defaults
  2. Virtualization : Enabled
  3. VT-d : Disabled
  4. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  5. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  6. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  7. Network Stack : Disabled
  8. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  9. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  10. Secure Boot : Disabled
  11. Fast Boot : Disabled
  12. OS Type: Other OS
  13. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Also check that your Intel Graphics setting are correct:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
You may not be able to see all of these settings, but make sure the ones you can find are set as shown above. Exit and save your bios, when your system reboots re-enter your bios and check that the settings have stuck as required. Sometimes changing one setting can bring up new previously hidden options when you go back in to your Bios. So check the list for a final time before exiting and saving the settings.

USB Installation Drive:
I would then look at recreating the USB installation drive. This can sometimes cause inexplicable errors, if it didn't complete correctly, and you don't always see an error message saying there was a problem.

Personally I would do the follwoing, to ensure the USB installer was not adding to any issues:
  1. Delete the downloaded Mojave App from Applications.
  2. Download the newest version 10.14.5 from the Apple Store
  3. Erase the USB Installation drive you previously created,
    1. Use Disk Utility to Erase the USB as follows:
    2. Name: Untitled
    3. Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
    4. Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  4. Use the following CreateInstallMedia terminal process to restore Mojave to the USB:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
5. When Terminal has completed its processes, close Terminal.​
6. Then Install Clover to your newly created USB drive.​
7. Use the latest version from Source Forge - https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
Install Clover for UEFI Booting Only.
Don't worry about any of the other settings as they will be set by the Clover folder that I attached in post No 4. Simply replace the CLOVER folder created on the USB with the one I prepared for you.​

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Have you checked your bios settings are correct for running macOS?

Boot in to your bios and make sure any and all of these options are set correctly in your system:
  1. Set your Bios to Optimised Defaults
  2. Virtualization : Enabled
  3. VT-d : Disabled
  4. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  5. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  6. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  7. Network Stack : Disabled
  8. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  9. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  10. Secure Boot : Disabled
  11. Fast Boot : Disabled
  12. OS Type: Other OS
  13. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Also check that your Intel Graphics setting are correct:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher
You may not be able to see all of these settings, but make sure the ones you can find are set as shown above. Exit and save your bios, when your system reboots re-enter your bios and check that the settings have stuck as required. Sometimes changing one setting can bring up new previously hidden options when you go back in to your Bios. So check the list for a final time before exiting and saving the settings.

USB Installation Drive:
I would then look at recreating the USB installation drive. This can sometimes cause inexplicable errors, if it didn't complete correctly, and you don't always see an error message saying there was a problem.

Personally I would do the follwoing, to ensure the USB installer was not adding to any issues:
  1. Delete the downloaded Mojave App from Applications.
  2. Download the newest version 10.14.5 from the Apple Store
  3. Erase the USB Installation drive you previously created,
    1. Use Disk Utility to Erase the USB as follows:
    2. Name: Untitled
    3. Format: Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
    4. Scheme: GUID Partition Map
  4. Use the following CreateInstallMedia terminal process to restore Mojave to the USB:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
5. When Terminal has completed its processes, close Terminal.​
6. Then Install Clover to your newly created USB drive.​
7. Use the latest version from Source Forge - https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
Install Clover for UEFI Booting Only.
Don't worry about any of the other settings as they will be set by the Clover folder that I attached in post No 4. Simply replace the CLOVER folder created on the USB with the one I prepared for you.​
Hello again. Lately i havent worked with the machine + holidays etc.
Now i'm back, followed your instructions on rebuilding the installer.
The change in that now Mojave has the 10.4.6, so i made the disk with that.
Checked the bios settings as well, some of them i havent found:
wake on lan, io serialport, and the integrated graphics things.
I think the graphics must be good coz i dont have any gpu card, only the integrated.
Found a "Serial port" option in the bios menu, but im not sure its equal to what i need.

Now the process does the following:
When only the usb plugged in, it boots into clover, but to choose the install option i must plug in keyboard or mouse. After i choose that, i have to plug out those hardwares else the process just dont start.

When it starts, it hangs out with the prohibited sign...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to be a bit more thorough with your Bios Settings. The Settings you need to change will be present, but may not be worded the same as the text in the list. You also need to be aware that some settings do not appear immediately, you need to save and exit and then re-enter your bios to set the additional items.

If you don't get your bios settings correct, then you could end up in a world of pain, no matter what you do in your CLOVER folder.

You should also post a copy of your most up to date CLOVER folder, so we can see what you are using with your iMac 19.1 equivalent system.

You really need to be installing macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or 10.14.6 with your setup. The i9 series CPU's weren't released till 10.14.4 and that was a special edition which we plebs can't download.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
You need to be a bit more thorough with your Bios Settings. The Settings you need to change will be present, but may not be worded the same as the text in the list. You also need to be aware that some settings do not appear immediately, you need to save and exit and then re-enter your bios to set the additional items.

If you don't get your bios settings correct, then you could end up in a world of pain, no matter what you do in your CLOVER folder.

You should also post a copy of your most up to date CLOVER folder, so we can see what you are using with your iMac 19.1 equivalent system.

You really need to be installing macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or 10.14.6 with your setup. The i9 series CPU's weren't released till 10.14.4 and that was a special edition which we plebs can't download.
Attached pictures from my relevant Bios settings, anywhere i search for the problem, i just cant find whats wrong.
The Clover folder i used is the one at #4 u kindly corrected for me.
The only thing that is changed from last time, is that now im trying with mojave 10.14.6, compared to the last time i tried with 10.14.5 (i think) in july.
Also removed the nvme ssd, so i only have the HP M700 ssd plugged in.

Im thinking about the problem might be the newer macOs and my clover settings? The Usb plug also only works when i insert a 2.0 speed HUB.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your bios screen shots look good. I couldn't see anything that looked wrong.

Which version of Clover are you using with your USB Drive?

Recently the Clover developers moved from v2.4 to v2.5, which has resulted in a few changes to the locations and names of the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders. These have been renamed Bios and UEFI respectively and have been placed in a new folder called Drivers.

If you are using a pre- r5000 version of Clover it is most likely the same as the CLOVER folder I provided. If you are using a newer r5000+ version of Clover then we need to make sure that the /CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI folder contains the correct drivers for your system.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder that should work with the new v2.5_r5045 Clover installer.

If you are using a pre-r5000 version then please check your drivers64UEFI folder as I think there may be two Aptio memory drivers present, there should only ever be one and for your system that driver is OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
Your bios screen shots look good. I couldn't see anything that looked wrong.

Which version of Clover are you using with your USB Drive?

Recently the Clover developers moved from v2.4 to v2.5, which has resulted in a few changes to the locations and names of the drivers64 and drivers64UEFI folders. These have been renamed Bios and UEFI respectively and have been placed in a new folder called Drivers.

If you are using a pre- r5000 version of Clover it is most likely the same as the CLOVER folder I provided. If you are using a newer r5000+ version of Clover then we need to make sure that the /CLOVER/Drivers/UEFI folder contains the correct drivers for your system.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder that should work with the new v2.5_r5045 Clover installer.

If you are using a pre-r5000 version then please check your drivers64UEFI folder as I think there may be two Aptio memory drivers present, there should only ever be one and for your system that driver is OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi.
Thanks again, i used the 5045 version lastly to create the bootdisk, now after plugging in, this is where it hangs up with a prohibited sign:
IMG_20190823_110705_1.jpg

SaraL

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
CPU
Intel I5-9600K
GPU
iGPU
Attached pictures from my relevant Bios settings, anywhere i search for the problem, i just cant find whats wrong.
The Clover folder i used is the one at #4 u kindly corrected for me.
The only thing that is changed from last time, is that now im trying with mojave 10.14.6, compared to the last time i tried with 10.14.5 (i think) in july.
Also removed the nvme ssd, so i only have the HP M700 ssd plugged in.

Im thinking about the problem might be the newer macOs and my clover settings? The Usb plug also only works when i insert a 2.0 speed HUB.
It looks like Secure Boot is enabled there...?

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
It looks like Secure Boot is enabled there...?
Where can you see any option with that? Neither in the pics or my bios has no concrete option for that.

@Edhawk : the installer seems to progress farther when i start the process with an usb 2.0 hub ejected between the disk and the usb plug. The messages going down too quickly, then it restarts. But still unlucky..
Is there any way to debug whats happening?

Last edited:

SaraL

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
CPU
Intel I5-9600K
GPU
iGPU
Where can you see any option with that? Neither in the pics or my bios has no concrete option for that.

@Edhawk : the installer seems to progress farther when i start the process with an usb 2.0 hub ejected between the disk and the usb plug. The messages going down too quickly, then it restarts. But still unlucky..
Is there any way to debug whats happening?
I've attached your screenshot where it's shown as enabled.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Good catch @SaraL, I missed the Secure Boot option being enabled.

macOS
Mobo
Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
INTEL Core i9-9900K
GPU
Intel® UHD Graphics 630

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, watched the video and think you need to start afresh with your USB installer. I would recommend the following:
  1. Delete the copy of Mojave from your Applications folder and the also from the trash.
  2. Download a new copy of Mojave from the App Store, 10.14.6 (which will now include the Supplemental update). This should be saved automatically to your Applications folder.
  3. Copy the CLOVER folder on your USB installer to your Desktop.
  4. Erase the Mojave USB installer using Disk Utility with the following settings:
    • Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.00.58.png
  5. Open Terminal and run the following command to create a new USB Installer for Mojave:
    1. sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
    2. You will need to enter your password, will be asked if it is ok to erase the USB and then the process will begin.
  6. Once the Terminal command has completed and your USB installer is ready, you need to install Clover - latest version Clover_2.5k_r5070 is attached below.
  7. You need to run the Clover installer and select the following:
    1. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.10.45.png Select 'Continue' button
    2. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.10.59.png Select 'Continue' button
    3. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.11.10.png Select 'Continue' button
    4. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.11.59.png Select 'Change Install Location' button
    5. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.12.09.png Make sure you do not select your current macOS drive
    6. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.12.19.png Select your USB Drive and then the Continue button
    7. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.12.31.png Select the 'Customise' button
    8. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.14.13.png Select all items shown
    9. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.14.27.png Select all items shown
    10. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.14.44.png Select all items show
    11. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.15.04.png Select all items shown and then select 'Install' button
    12. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.15.36.png Enter your password and select 'Install Software'
    13. Screenshot 2019-08-17 at 16.16.25.png Clover installation completed, select 'Close'.
    14. Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 16.09.25.png A New EFI HD icon should appear on your desktop, this will be the EFI Partition from your USB Drive.
    15. Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 16.09.42.png Open the EFI Partition, EFI folder should be visible
    16. Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 16.09.51.png Open the EFI folder and these folders should be visible
    17. Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 16.10.10.png Open the CLOVER folder and these folders and files should be visible.
  8. You will now need to replace the config.plist on your new USB with the one I have attached below. This contains the USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.5/6, plus a few other minor tweaks (pair of boot arguments to deal with the CS_runtime error shown in the video).
  9. You will need to make sure that the following kexts are installed to /CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    1. AppleALC.kext
    2. FakeSMC.kext - you don't need the FakeSMC sensor kexts for installation.
    3. IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    4. Lilu.kext
    5. USBInjectAll.kext
    6. WhateverGreen.kext
    7. XHCI-unsupported.kext
  10. You will need to make sure that the following drivers have been added to the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder (v2.5k of clover has changed how the drivers are stored and where they are located, you no longer have a UEFI folder within the CLOVER folder, it is now within the drivers folder):
    1. ApfsDriverLoader.efi
    2. DataHubDxe.efi
    3. EmuVariableUefi.efi
    4. FSInject.efi
    5. HFSPlus.efi
    6. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
    7. SMCHelper.efi
  11. Add the Metal Clover Theme to the Themes folder, to match the settings in your config.plist.
  12. Add SSDT-XOSI.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Your new USB installer should be ready for use.

While you are doing all this I would also recommend you check, and then double check your bios settings are correct for macOS.

Attachments

mogura

macOS
Mobo
ASUS Prime Z390M-Plus
CPU
i7-9700k
GPU
Integrated
Ok, watched the video and think you need to start afresh with your USB installer. I would recommend the following:
  1. Delete the copy of Mojave from your Applications folder and the also from the trash.
  2. Download a new copy of Mojave from the App Store, 10.14.6 (which will now include the Supplemental update). This should be saved automatically to your Applications folder.
  3. Copy the CLOVER folder on your USB installer to your Desktop.
  4. Erase the Mojave USB installer using Disk Utility with the following settings:
  5. Open Terminal and run the following command to create a new USB Installer for Mojave:
    1. sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
    2. You will need to enter your password, will be asked if it is ok to erase the USB and then the process will begin.
  6. Once the Terminal command has completed and your USB installer is ready, you need to install Clover - latest version Clover_2.5k_r5070 is attached below.
  7. You need to run the Clover installer and select the following:
    1. View attachment 4019 Select 'Continue' button
    2. View attachment 4020 Select 'Continue' button
    3. View attachment 4021 Select 'Continue' button
    4. View attachment 4022 Select 'Change Install Location' button
    5. View attachment 4023 Make sure you do not select your current macOS drive
    6. View attachment 4024 Select your USB Drive and then the Continue button
    7. View attachment 4025 Select the 'Customise' button
    8. View attachment 4026 Select all items shown
    9. View attachment 4027 Select all items shown
    10. View attachment 4028 Select all items show
    11. View attachment 4029 Select all items shown and then select 'Install' button
    12. View attachment 4030 Enter your password and select 'Install Software'
    13. View attachment 4031 Clover installation completed, select 'Close'.
    14. View attachment 4032 A New EFI HD icon should appear on your desktop, this will be the EFI Partition from your USB Drive.
    15. View attachment 4033 Open the EFI Partition, EFI folder should be visible
    16. View attachment 4034 Open the EFI folder and these folders should be visible
    17. View attachment 4035 Open the CLOVER folder and these folders and files should be visible.
  8. You will now need to replace the config.plist on your new USB with the one I have attached below. This contains the USB port limit patches for Mojave 10.14.5/6, plus a few other minor tweaks (pair of boot arguments to deal with the CS_runtime error shown in the video).
  9. You will need to make sure that the following kexts are installed to /CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    1. AppleALC.kext
    2. FakeSMC.kext - you don't need the FakeSMC sensor kexts for installation.
    3. IntelMausiEthernet.kext
    4. Lilu.kext
    5. USBInjectAll.kext
    6. WhateverGreen.kext
    7. XHCI-unsupported.kext
  10. You will need to make sure that the following drivers have been added to the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder (v2.5k of clover has changed how the drivers are stored and where they are located, you no longer have a UEFI folder within the CLOVER folder, it is now within the drivers folder):
    1. ApfsDriverLoader.efi
    2. DataHubDxe.efi
    3. EmuVariableUefi.efi
    4. FSInject.efi
    5. HFSPlus.efi
    6. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
    7. SMCHelper.efi
  11. Add the Metal Clover Theme to the Themes folder, to match the settings in your config.plist.
  12. Add SSDT-XOSI.aml to your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
Your new USB installer should be ready for use.

While you are doing all this I would also recommend you check, and then double check your bios settings are correct for macOS.

So I have the same motherboard and the rest of my hardware is
  • Asus Prime Z390M-Plus
  • Intel i7-9700k
  • Corsair Vengeance 16GB x 2
  • Samsung 500GB SSD
This is my 3rd hackintosh and I am also strugging to get the installer to boot, I complete details on a new post I made

(https://hackintosher.com/forums/thr...us-prime-z390m-plus-i7-9700k.2443/#post-10364)

but attached is what my screen looks like after following these latest instructions. I don't see any errors so I am not sure what direction to go in to try to get over the hurdle. Any advice would be super helpful.

Attachments

Latest posts