Mobo
ASUS z390 XI HERO WIFI
CPU
I9-9900k
GPU
msi Vega56 oc
Hi,
I need some help with this.
Attending to install latest mac os (14.2?)
I really dont know what's going with my setting,I did google around but nobody having the same issue.
hope can get help from here.
thank you in advance.
here is my efi too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Have a look at the attached EFI folder. I have made a number of amendments to your original EFI folder, namely to the drivers, kexts, themes and ACPI/Patched folders. Plus I have changed the config.plist, hopefully to better suite your system.

Replace your existing EFI/Clover folder with the one attached and see if this gets you past the IGFX kernel panic.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
ASUS z390 XI HERO WIFI
CPU
I9-9900k
GPU
msi Vega56 oc
Have a look at the attached EFI folder. I have made a number of amendments to your original EFI folder, namely to the drivers, kexts, themes and ACPI/Patched folders. Plus I have changed the config.plist, hopefully to better suite your system.

Replace your existing EFI/Clover folder with the one attached and see if this gets you past the IGFX kernel panic.
Really thanks for ur kind help, as I am not with my com , going to try it next week.
May I ask one thing ? Is it okay to post other website link here? I found one reddit post which is similar spec as mine. is it possible for you to have a look? It's a success case with set up detail. I hope this post can help others when I successfully install Mac also. So before I put link here , ask for permission first :)
I can see that you had add so many files for me!
really appreciate for your great help again!

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Yes, Hackintosher isn't overly precious about cross site links.

macOS
Mobo
ASUS z390 XI HERO WIFI
CPU
I9-9900k
GPU
msi Vega56 oc
I was able to process all the way through, but black screen after that..why I am so unlucky.. can anyone help me out here? will share the file after I done ...great thanks
sry btw, I am using igpu instead of vega56, as my old PSU is only 500W, my new PSU is still on the way..

update: hi, whoever looking for answer here, below EFI should work for hero xi + 9900k + vege 56, I was working with IGPU, it cause me black screen just after I passed the select language UI.
Maybe I will give out detail in future, but the EFI alone should work fine , I just successfully install mac os into my pc :)
thanks @Edhawk 's help.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh...rog_maximusxi_hero_wifi_z390_i99900k/ee1m0lw/
here is the reddit link that has same specs but diff gpu

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
The config.plist needs tweaking in respect of the IGPU if you got a black screen issue. The fact it occurring during the installation is unusual. This usually happens when you reboot after the installation has completed, common issue with older AMD cards.

With regards the thread over at reddit.com I would say use some of the things they provided to make your EFI folder better:

The reddit.com OP has created a 'SSDT-UIAC.aml' for the USB ports on the same board you own. Test it to see if it works.

He has used Audio Inject=11, change your config.plist to match this layout, it may work better with your audio codec.

Nothing else in the config stands out as being any different, in fact I would suggest it is less obviously set to match your system.

Glad you are up and running, lots of tweaking and testing lay ahead of you. First thing I would recommend is to make a backup/clone of your working system, I use Carbon Copy Cloner. Making a clone will save you days if your system messes up and won't boot.

zzmadd

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i3-8100
GPU
iGPU Intel UHD 630 / Nvidia GT 1030

Simple question:
is sleep working on Z390 motherboards?
I had a look at the EFI you prepared. It has a combination of:
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

All three necessary?
Thanks!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I'm not sure that sleep is working on Z390 motherboards, they are newer and currently a less used board than the Z370 boards. So there are bound to be some issues.

Are all three drivers necessary for your system, I'm not sure!

The three drivers are ones that I find are commonly required to get Hack's up and running. You can delete them all or individually and try booting without, if you feel it would make for a cleaner boot. But if your Hack is working with these drivers, why remove them?

The way to test would be to boot from a USB drive instead of your macOS drive, with all three drivers or individual drivers removed to see what difference they make to your system booting. That way you won't mess up your current booting system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
@Sarakabir, please stop telling people to go to your Facebook page, especially one that doesn't exist (404 error)!

If you want to help other members do it here, where they have posted their request.

Latest posts