macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum and I'm writing to you about a problem that plagues my PC when I try to install MacOS Catalina. I recieve the error "Attempting system restart ... mach reboot" and all freeze. What could be the problem?
I have an i7-9750H processor and a RTX 2060 laptop graphics card. My laptop is a Msi GS65 Stealth.
I attach zip of my EFI file. Please help!!! :cry:

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Your RTX graphics card will never work with macOS. It will have to be disabled either in the bios, via an SSDT or in the config.plist. I have added a boot argument to do this in the attached /Clover/config.plist.

You will only have access to the Intel UHD 630 graphics when running macOS.

I have edited your CLOVER folder to better suit your system. There are a number of changes to the drivers, kexts, SSDT's and specifically the config.plist.

Give it a try and see if it gets your system booting Catalina.

Just replace the existing CLOVER folder on your USB installation drive completely, with the one attached.

Attachments

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Your RTX graphics card will never work with macOS. It will have to be disabled either in the bios, via an SSDT or in the config.plist. I have added a boot argument to do this in the attached /Clover/config.plist.

You will only have access to the Intel UHD 630 graphics when running macOS.

I have edited your CLOVER folder to better suit your system. There are a number of changes to the drivers, kexts, SSDT's and specifically the config.plist.

Give it a try and see if it gets your system booting Catalina.

Just replace the existing CLOVER folder on your USB installation drive completely, with the one attached.
Hi Edhawk,
thanks a lot for your help but, unfortunately, now consolle freezes due to another problem, different from the previous one. I attach photo.

It's a pity that unfortunately the RTX card is not compatible, though, however, I was expecting it.
I just hope to be able to install and run Macintosh fine one day.
Again, thanks very much for your support

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Revised CLOVER folder attached for you to use.

I have added Slide=0 boot argument to the config.plist
I have replaced OsxAptioFix3.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

These are the two tweaks that normally get people past the Couldn't Allocate Runtime kernel panic.

Attachments

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Revised CLOVER folder attached for you to use.

I have added Slide=0 boot argument to the config.plist
I have replaced OsxAptioFix3.efi with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi

These are the two tweaks that normally get people past the Couldn't Allocate Runtime kernel panic.
Hi, I have tried and the problem seems solved, but now there's another one :cry:
It seems a USB problem but I do not know where to intervene. Sometimes, even, the first problem returns (Attempting system restart... mach reboot) and warms my laptop a lot. A clarification: in the BIOS I have set UEFI as boot mode. Maybe, do I need Legacy? Could it be the problem? Let me know
Thanks a lot!!!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No the problem is not the boot mode set in the bios. UEFI is fine for your laptop.

The issue may be that the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, which works with the keyboard, mouse/trackpad and the ApplePS2Controller.kext are clashing and causing the USB non-unique error.

It is likely that you need the VoodooI2c.kext andVoodooI2CHID.kext (an alternative for your system may be the VoodooI2CSynaptics .kext). These kexts may be required for your keyboard/Trackpad. Plus a couple of additional patches in the config.plist.

I have also added a pair of Laptop battery and backlight kexts.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to try. Use the whole folder in place of your current one.

Attachments

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Thanks a lot!!! I will try this just now
No the problem is not the boot mode set in the bios. UEFI is fine for your laptop.

The issue may be that the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, which works with the keyboard, mouse/trackpad and the ApplePS2Controller.kext are clashing and causing the USB non-unique error.

It is likely that you need the VoodooI2c.kext andVoodooI2CHID.kext (an alternative for your system may be the VoodooI2CSynaptics .kext). These kexts may be required for your keyboard/Trackpad. Plus a couple of additional patches in the config.plist.

I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to try. Use the whole folder in place of your current one.
Thanks a lot! I will try this just now

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop

Just tried, same beginning error! :cry::cry::cry:
Always this "Attempting system restart... mach reboot"

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
I did some researches and noticed that in my CLOVER folder there are not several files named with "...- 64", which I think indicate the number of bits. Could that be the problem? In this case I attach my entire EFI folder, hoping it will help.
Please help me! :cry:

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No, the new v2.5k Clover doesn't need '-64' at the end of the driver names. As all the drivers are 64-bit.

If you are using a version of Clover that is from the v2.4k stack, pre-version r5000, then the drivers do need the '-64' tag added to their names.

Added to that Catalina is the first version of macOS that is wholely 64-bit. Apple have dropped support for any 32-bit applications and drivers.

This is easy to get confused about.

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
No, the new v2.5k Clover doesn't need '-64' at the end of the driver names. As all the drivers are 64-bit.

If you are using a version of Clover that is from the v2.4k stack, pre-version r5000, then the drivers do need the '-64' tag added to their names.

Added to that Catalina is the first version of macOS that is wholely 64-bit. Apple have dropped support for any 32-bit applications and drivers.

This is easy to get confused about.
I have checked, it should actually be all 64-bit since I flashed the catalina dmg file via transmac. I just can't understand why it doesn't work, even following other forums, the solutions they present don't seem to work for me :cry:
I really hope the EFI folder can really help

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Confirm which version of Clover you have used when installing it to the USB. From the folder stack I can only see the /drivers/UEFI folder, there is no drivers64UEFI folder, so assume you have used a new v2.5k version of Clover. You do not need any drivers with the -64 part in the name.

You had two Aptio drivers in your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. This is not correct and will cause issues when you try to boot macOS.

I have deleted the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi driver, leaving the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver in the folder.

I have also tweaked your config.plist with a change to the Intel Graphics ID and removed a few unnecessary rename patches, that your new laptop will never need, as the components they rename are not used in your laptop.

Try this CLOVER folder in place of the one you are currently using and see if that helps.

Attachments

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Confirm which version of Clover you have used when installing it to the USB. From the folder stack I can only see the /drivers/UEFI folder, there is no drivers64UEFI folder, so assume you have used a new v2.5k version of Clover. You do not need any drivers with the -64 part in the name.

You had two Aptio drivers in your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder. This is not correct and will cause issues when you try to boot macOS.

I have deleted the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi driver, leaving the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi driver in the folder.

I have also tweaked your config.plist with a change to the Intel Graphics ID and removed a few unnecessary rename patches, that your new laptop will never need, as the components they rename are not used in your laptop.

Try this CLOVER folder in place of the one you are currently using and see if that helps.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience of the two Aptio drivers, it was a test that I wanted to do but in the end I miscarried, I uploaded that extra file by mistake.

I have tried the new Clover file and it does not work again. Same error... but with a novelty: I tried to start it in safe mode and I get this error (attachment). Could it be due to the fact that it is an installer?

Anyway, I try to reflash the USB pendrive and we hope well. Thanks for all your support!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
If you want to recreate the pen drive, see this post - https://hackintosher.com/forums/thr...0-f-help-to-fix-right-clover-efi-config.6025/

That post contains a guide for creating a working USB Installer drive.

Obviously the Clover folders will be very different but the way the USB Installer drive is created will be the same. Just use the Clover folder I provided above, when you come to the stage where you need to replace the folder.

Do not ignore the stage when you need to check your bios is set correctly.

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
If you want to recreate the pen drive, see this post - https://hackintosher.com/forums/thr...0-f-help-to-fix-right-clover-efi-config.6025/

That post contains a guide for creating a working USB Installer drive.

Obviously the Clover folders will be very different but the way the USB Installer drive is created will be the same. Just use the Clover folder I provided above, when you come to the stage where you need to replace the folder.

Do not ignore the stage when you need to check your bios is set correctly.
Thanks for the informations, I was already following part of that post (in particular when you wrote about a link with all Clover versions), even though now I have almost finished reflashing the pendrive. One question: in that post you do everything from an original mac. Is the same thing doing it from windows?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No, I do not believe it is the same when you are using Transmac on Windows.

To be honest I have never created a USB for macOs on Windows, so I don't know too much about that process. I either use a real Mac or a Hack for all my USB Installer drives.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Here is a brief guide for creating a macOS USB using Transmac on a Windows PC - https://www.wikigain.com/create-bootable-usb-installer-for-mac-transmac/

It seems fairly straightforward.
Hi @Edhawk, thanks to the help of a friend I managed to install Catalina on VMware and it works perfectly, if it weren't missing the graphic acceleration, but it's perfectly usable, as if it were a real mac. I can so now follow your guide on how to create an installation file directly from a Mac, hoping that this time everything will be fine.

I was wondering: Catalina says that my processor is 2.4 GHz. My friend, who has a real mac, is equipped with a 1.4 GHz i5 processor which is turbo-powered at 4.1 GHz. Since my i7 arrives in turbo to 4.5 GHz, would it be possible to tell Catalina that my processor is 1.2 GHz while it can arrive in turbo (in case of necessity) to the maximum of the power? I ask for fear that Catalina can get too much processor even when not needed and quickly drain the battery

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Hi @Edhawk,
I followed your guide on how to create a Catalina USB Installer from the Macintosh, eventually replacing the Clover you attached to me. The situation has not changed but, this time, something new has come out that could tell us something more. I attach photo. It seems a perfect kernel panic.
I hope this could be helpful :cry:

Attachments

Andry

macOS
Mobo
Msi GS65 Stealth
CPU
i7-9750H
GPU
RTX 2060 laptop
Hi @Edhawk,
I followed your guide on how to create a Catalina USB Installer from the Macintosh, eventually replacing the Clover you attached to me. The situation has not changed but, this time, something new has come out that could tell us something more. I attach photo. It seems a perfect kernel panic.
I hope this could be helpful :cry:
Hi @Edhawk, could this help to solve the problem? :cry:

Latest posts