macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
Coffee Lake i5-8400 2.80GHz
GPU
Intel UHD 630 1536 MB
Here again mates :)
This is not a very urgent help, almost everything is working now, I would only arrive to 100% working with these 2 final things
I would ask all of you how you manage your backup and if you are able to boot in recovery
- If i try to boot in recovery it load till 85% and than screen became black with nothing else :-(
- I'm making my backups using Time Machine and an external USB drive but when I try to use it the button is not clickable, after reading some posts I've cloned my working EFI on this Volume, I've also read you used mostly Carbon Coby than Time Machine, is there some way to have Time Working or just is not possible?
Thank you very much for any help

Attachments

playmo

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
GPU
Intel UHD 630 1536 MB
as for backups I use carbon copy cloner
I create images that I put away so I can restore them later in case of emergency of if I simply want to reload the os without having to install everything from zero

I also use an spare drive and I clone my main drive to that so in case something goes wrong I have that emergency backup already setup and bootable

something very important is that you need to copy your EFI partition from your main drive too your backup drive in other to make the backup drive self bootable

yes you can use the main drive to boot the backup but the idea is to make each drive bootable, because if something happen to one EFI folder or partition then you have the other one already installed on the backup drive

sorry I don't want to complicate things, but I'm sure after reading a few times you will understand

cheers
grazie mille Antonio per la gentile risposta
this is exactly how I'm managing backups, in addition I make I'm letting Time Machine to wok on the same drive, just to have the possibility to recover more than one version of each files.
My doubts regarding Time Machine, why it seems to work but I'm not able to use it interface? I can make a manual recovery copy of a file but I can't use a past system image
Am I doing something wrong or Time Machine doesn't work on Hackintosh?
Thank you again

playmo

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
GPU
Intel UHD 630 1536 MB
most of the time the main reason why some users can't boot into the recovery partition is because they put a copy of fakesmc on folder other in clover

most users put the kext files in the folder number depending the os they are using
other put everything on the other folder
me personally I only have fakesmc on folder other and all my kext in the folder number of the os that I'm running, in this case folder 10.13 because I'm running HS 10.13.6

just make sure you have another copy of fakesmc on folder other
this is also needed for updates
I know of many cases that updates failed simply because they didn't have that file there in that location

just to be clear and to avoid any confusion, I also have a copy of fakesmc on 10.13 together with all my others kexts files

the one that you put on the other folder is only need it when you boot into recovery or run an update

try it out and let me know if that worked for you
good luck
as for backups I use carbon copy cloner
I create images that I put away so I can restore them later in case of emergency of if I simply want to reload the os without having to install everything from zero

I also use an spare drive and I clone my main drive to that so in case something goes wrong I have that emergency backup already setup and bootable

something very important is that you need to copy your EFI partition from your main drive too your backup drive in other to make the backup drive self bootable

yes you can use the main drive to boot the backup but the idea is to make each drive bootable, because if something happen to one EFI folder or partition then you have the other one already installed on the backup drive

sorry I don't want to complicate things, but I'm sure after reading a few times you will understand

cheers
Sorry for the suppa late reply
I've tried to puth all my kext in 10.14 plus a copy of FakeSMC in Other but I'm still not able to bot into Recovery
In V mode I can't see any particular problems, after boot has finished screen became black and than the monitor starts to blink
I'm using a 28' 4K DisplayPort monitor so I've tried too downgrade to a 22 FHD but nothing changes
This is why I've attached my clover here

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5 4600
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Back up CLOVER to USB flash drive:
  • Disk Utility -> Erase USB flash drive
    • Name: e.g. "BOOT_USB"
    • Scheme: Master Boot Record
    • Format: MS-DOS (FAT)
  • New folder on "BOOT_USB"
    • Name: "EFI"
  • Mount internal EFI partition
  • Copy /EFI/CLOVER to EFI folder on BOOT_USB
  • Copy /EFI/BOOT to EFI folder on BOOT_USB
As your EFI backup is on e.g. 8GB vs 200MiB partition there is more space to archive EFI folders in place for incremental backups. The backup partition mounts automatically and is easy to identify versus other EFI partitions.

Configure UHD 630 graphics:

Try with attached Clover folder
  • At the Clover menu screen press 'o' for options
  • Graphics Injector -> Intel UHD 630
    • FakeID -> 0x59168086
    • *-platform-id -> 0x59120000
  • FakeID and platform-id may be wrong, search forums etc for correct/working values
  • If it works (boot to recovery), save the values in config.plist using e.g. Clover Configurator

Attachments

Last edited:

deez nutz

macOS
Mobo
GA-H270N-Wifi
CPU
i7-7700k
GPU
Gigabyte RX 560 4gb
Been using SuperDuper for a couple of months now. Extremely easy app with easy backup options and just as easy retrieving back your data. The backup copy becomes a bootable drive and did I mention this software is FREE!!!

Highly recommend.

- Buttaz

playmo

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI
CPU
GPU
Intel UHD 630 1536 MB
Sorry for the terrible delay I'm having in reply, I would like to tell you I'm not in jail, I'm working on it
Time is going in moving hundreds of GB from one device to another (USB to NAS and NAS to USB) cause I was using one partition as destination for 2 different software (Time Machine and CCC for example)
so.... never mind the bollocks, here's comes the sex pistols!
I'll be back within a few days with the results, I can anticipate you that I have been able to boot in recovery only one time since now but not with Mojave, with High Sierra, cause I have a multi boot system: here are High Sierra on a SSD plus Mojave on a NVMe
Stay tuned