tsouders

macOS
Mobo
ASUS z270 Maximus Hero IX
CPU
i5-7600k
GPU
GTX 1080 FTW
I think this looks great, but I don't see a "Simple" folder as mentioned in the install instructions. Am I missing it?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
When you arrive on the GitHub page linked above you need to click/select 'release', which sits centrally on the navigation bar above the individual file/package names. This takes you to another page where you can click and download the 'Simple' folder, which contains V1 of this Clover theme.

Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
I've never managed to get any of the built in Clover themes to work besides the embedded one and the Christmas theme. Should I ignore Clover Theme Manager and install other ones like this manually?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to use Git or have downloaded and installed Xcode (free Apple app) from the Apple App Store to get the Clover Themes Manager app to work.

Manual route is easy, if you know where to download the themes.

The benefit of the manager app is that it wil let you know when an updated version for and installed theme is available.

salomonfr

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370 Extreme4
CPU
i7-8700k
GPU
GTX 1060 6GB / UHD 630
Looks great. How did you hide others partition like recovery and etc?

Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
You need to use Git or have downloaded and installed Xcode (free Apple app) from the Apple App Store to get the Clover Themes Manager app to work.

Manual route is easy, if you know where to download the themes.

The benefit of the manager app is that it wil let you know when an updated version for and installed theme is available.
Hi Edhawk

I've tried uploading the theme folders manually into the relevant place in the EFI folder and most weren't detected by Clover on boot up. I've also tried using CTM, and as per your advice, installed XCode and ran the updated CTM version, mounted the correct EFI partition, installed the themes I wanted with CTM, restarted the computer, ran Clover, and in Options was able to select the theme I wanted, then hitting return a few times, Clover reloads the theme and all looks well but when I restart the computer, Clover goes back to 'Embedded' again.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Clover will load the theme specified in the config.plist, in clover Configurator the theme is set on the GUI tab. My usual theme is Classic Mac OS, see image below:

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 20.54.08.png

Mobo
Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
Aorus RX570 4G
Clover will load the theme specified in the config.plist, in clover Configurator the theme is set on the GUI tab. My usual theme is Classic Mac OS, see image below:
Right! Got it! I was on the Themes Editor screen and it wasn't saving any changes to the config.plist so yes I needed to be on the GUI screen and enter it in that field. I tried editing the config file manually just now also which is effectively the same thing and also worked. Thanks again! :-D

Latest posts