sen1x

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte h61m s1
CPU
i5 3550
GPU
radeon hd7800
I installed the clover on a USB flash drive, I did everything according to the instructions on the tonyma website ... when I start, the apple logo appears, it is loading and then a black screen comes out, what should I do in this situation?

gigabyte h61m s1
core i5 3550
250gb hdd
radeon hd7800 series

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder so we can see what you are using to boot MacOS Mojave.

Have you installed Clover in UEFI or Legacy mode? Your Ivy Bridge CPU/motherboard may work better in Legacy mode.

sen1x

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte h61m s1
CPU
i5 3550
GPU
radeon hd7800
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder so we can see what you are using to boot MacOS Mojave.

Have you installed Clover in UEFI or Legacy mode? Your Ivy Bridge CPU/motherboard may work better in Legacy mode.
My configuration i install uefi

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Here is an alternative CLOVER folder for you to try. I have changed some drivers and kexts to better suit your Ivy Bridge CPU and H61 motherboard.

Just so you know, the Intel HD 2500 IGPU will not work in Mojave, so you will be relying on your Radeon HD 7800 (which HD 7800 card do you have). I have assumed you have a HD 7870 and set the Framebuffer and port number accordingly.

I have set an iMac 14.2 SMBIOS, with a Fake CPU ID for a Haswell. I have used the new Board Serial Number to populate the MLB and generated a new ROM, based on the new SMBIOS. I have checked the Serial Number with EveyMac and Apple Support, so it should be good for iMessage, iCloud etc.

I think it would be a good idea if you reinstalled CLOVER to your USB installer, before using this CLOVER folder. Your Clover installation Log shows some different boot options, that may be more in line with a Legacy mode installation. You need to select only the top two entries in the Customisation screen, as the CLOVER folder attached will deal with the rest of the options.

Screenshot 2019-06-22 at 15.58.50.png Select 'Clover for UEFI booting only' and 'Install Clover in the ESP'

Let me know how you get on with this CLOVER folder. It may need tweaking if you confirm which Radeon HD 7800 card you are using.

Attachments

sen1x

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte h61m s1
CPU
i5 3550
GPU
radeon hd7800
i used card radeon 7800 (7850) 2gb
Here is an alternative CLOVER folder for you to try. I have changed some drivers and kexts to better suit your Ivy Bridge CPU and H61 motherboard.

Just so you know, the Intel HD 2500 IGPU will not work in Mojave, so you will be relying on your Radeon HD 7800 (which HD 7800 card do you have). I have assumed you have a HD 7870 and set the Framebuffer and port number accordingly.

I have set an iMac 14.2 SMBIOS, with a Fake CPU ID for a Haswell. I have used the new Board Serial Number to populate the MLB and generated a new ROM, based on the new SMBIOS. I have checked the Serial Number with EveyMac and Apple Support, so it should be good for iMessage, iCloud etc.

I think it would be a good idea if you reinstalled CLOVER to your USB installer, before using this CLOVER folder. Your Clover installation Log shows some different boot options, that may be more in line with a Legacy mode installation. You need to select only the top two entries in the Customisation screen, as the CLOVER folder attached will deal with the rest of the options.

View attachment 4761 Select 'Clover for UEFI booting only' and 'Install Clover in the ESP'

Let me know how you get on with this CLOVER folder. It may need tweaking if you confirm which Radeon HD 7800 card you are using.

sen1x

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte h61m s1
CPU
i5 3550
GPU
radeon hd7800
at night I installed mac os sierra what do I need to upgrade to mojave still on this system ? could you suggest ?

View attachment 4761 Select 'Clover for UEFI booting only' and 'Install Clover in the ESP'

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You don't need to upgrade to Mojave, not if macOS Sierra is working for you. Not unless you need (really need) one or more of the new features that were introduced with the release of High Sierra or Mojave.

I have a couple of older systems that run Sierra and work just fine. It should always be about what is needed not what can I push this system to run. Given the age of your main components you are probably better off running a slightly older version of macOS, as the newer versions have system requirements that may push your system, so it doesn't run as well as it would on say Sierra.

If you are running macOS Sierra then the USB port limit patches in the config.plist are wrong for your system.

The Radeon HD 7850 is a slightly different animal to the HD 7870, less powerful and requires a different Framebuffer, I am not sure which Framebuffer. The only reason I knew the HD 7870 required Futomaki is because I have a couple of 7870's myself. As you have the HD 7850 you may need to remove the Futomaki Framebuffer entry from the config.plist, it can be found in the Graphics section of the config.plist.

With the HD 7850 I would leave the Framebuffer option empty and see if the default Radeon Framebuffer works. Also do not set Inject ATI=true, as this calls a different Framebuffer. It is the equivalent of GraphicsEnabler=Yes, which you don't need with this Radeon GPU, as it is supposed to work out of the box with OSX/macOS since Mountain Lion.