hiim_kyle

macOS
Mobo
ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI/ac
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
Sapphire Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
I've been having ongoing issues with bluetooth working and not working since building my hackintosh but this time the device has completely disappeared. I have gone over the usb mapping a handful of times, re discovering the ports and being mindful of the 15 port limit. Even in hackintool, the port that once showed the bluetooth device no longer shows it and the port is inactive.

In Mac OS: Bluetooth shows the bluetooth symbol with the connected line through it but reads bluetooth unavailable.

In Windows 10: At start up I get a notification saying "USB device not recognized" and bluetooth is not listed in device manager. I have reset bios to UEFI defaults and reinstalled bluetooth drivers. The closest I got to anything was I could see the bluetooth device if I selected "View Hidden" in device manager but when I uninstalled the device it disappeared and hasn't returned on reboot and reinstallation of drivers. I have resetarted bluetooth support services and set to automatic.
If you guys have any idea how to resolve this and how to prevent it from happening again, please let me know!

Thank you

Hardware:
  • CPU: Intel i7 8700k
  • GPU: Radeon Vega 64
  • RAM: 16gb ADATA XPG
  • Motherboard/Laptop model: Asrock Z370 Killer sli/ac

EDIT:
Other notes: the "Asrock" boot up screen, where you select to enter BIOS, takes noticeably longer to boot through than before. maybe 10 seconds vs 4 seconds before.

Onboard wifi works perfectly fine in windows - from the same card as the faulty bluetooth.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
What make and model WIFI/BT card are you using? What is the Device ID for the WIFI card? Look in PCIe section of Hackintool for Device ID.

You only have these 12 USB ports active in your USBPorts.kext:

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 23.24.00.png Info Plist for USBPorts.kext, showing the section containing the port configuration.

To which port is your Bluetooth connected? Logically is should be an internal motherboard header port, which should be set with the USBConnector type '255' as is seen against port HS12.

I think that at least two of your USB ports are incorrectly configured as USB3 when they should be internal headers, additional to HS12, as your motherboard has two twin port USB2 headers. It also has a front case Type-C connector, as you not using this. This needs to be provided with a different designation from the USB3 header.

Can you provide a screenshot of your Hackintool USB tab. As I think you need to start again with the USB port discovery and configuration.

You will need to remove the current USBPorts.kext and enable/add back in the USB raise port limit patches and add USBInjectAll.kext, just for the discovery and configuration process to work.

Your motherboard has the following USB ports.
Rear I/O plate:
- 5 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-A Ports
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Type-C Port
Internal:
- 2 x USB 2.0 Headers (Support 4 USB 2.0 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen1 Header (Supports 2 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports) (Supports ESD Protection)
- 1 x Front Panel Type C USB 3.1 Gen1 Header

Each physical USB 3 port also has a USB virtual port, so your motherboard without any add-on USB cards has 22 virtual USB ports, from 10 physical ports. You are currently only activating 12 of the 22 ports.

hiim_kyle

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
Hey Edhawk!

Make/Model: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
Device: 0x24FB

The patches to add are:
Line 1 -

Name*: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBHostFamily
Find*: 83FB0F0F
Replace*: 83FB3F0F

Line 2 -

Name* com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find*: 83F90F0F
Replace*: 83F93F0F

Correct?

Thank you!

Attachments

hiim_kyle

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
Hey Edhawk, are you able to take another look at this for me?

thank you!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
USB Configuration:

You are using the Raise USB port Limit patches in your config.plist according to the post above. This is not ideal.

You should have created a custom SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext for your USB ports to work within the 15 port limit etc.

If you have created either custom USB config and added one of them to your CLOVER folder, then you should not be using the Raise USB port limit patches in your config. You need to disable them or remove them completely. These Patches are meant to be used on a temporary basis, while installing and configuring macOS on a PC system. They are not meant to be used long term.

Your USB configuration doesn't look correct, nothing to do with the patches, although they are enabling your system to work with 17 USB ports active on the XHC controller.
  • Any physical USB2 ports need to be identified as such, not sure you motherboard has any physical USB2 ports.
  • The 2 x USB2 motherboard header ports, providing up to 4 x USB2 ports, need to be identified as 'Internal' or 'Reserved'. These are likely to be connecting your USB2 case ports.
  • The USB2 port attached to the WIFI/BT card needs to be identified as 'Internal' or 'Reserved'. HS13 according to the screenshot above.
  • Any virtual USB2 ports (i.e. USB2 side of a physical USB3 port) should be identified as a USB3 port, as that is the Parent type.
  • Any USB Type-C ports need to be identified as 'Type C' or 'Type C + SW', not USB3
  • You need to remove two USB ports from the configuration, so you do not exceed the 15 port limit.
Fix these issues, export the revised config and install the USBPorts.kext to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. Disable the port limit patches, and you are likely to have less problems with your USB configuration and devices.

Intel WIFI:

You need to see if your Intel WIFI card is supported by the new AppleIntelWifi.kext.

The latest version of the kext can be found here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...rs-for-7265ac-on-catalina.292207/post-2122254

hiim_kyle

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
Hey Edhawk,

So I went through the port patching process again:
I installed usbinjectall and followed the hackintool instructions on patching the ports
- I added dsdt patches EHC1 -> EH01 and EHC2 -> EH02
- I installed XHCI-unsupported.kext
- Identified USB 2 ports, rebooted, then identified USB 3 ports.
- Exported and installed the USBports.kext and disabled the port limit patches.

Notable problems:

My usb-c port doesn't show up at all. I connected a usb c drive and used a usb c hub with a device attached through that.

The wifi and bt card doesn't show up in hackintool but it certainly used to. It was HS12. In the screen shot above, I had a usb wifi adapted plugged into HS13, sorry for the confusion there.

As far as I can tell, the ports are working fine but no movement on the absence of BT.

I installed the intellwifi kext you suggested and wifi isn't available in networks.

My amateur guess is that something is bypassing the wifi/bt card or hs12 sometime in the boot process. It's strange to me that wifi works when I boot from a windows drive but bt is also not available there any longer. Can my hackintosh drive be disabling a usb port or part of a device for the entire system?

Attachments

Latest posts