macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA-z270x Gaming K7
CPU
Intel Core i7-7000k
GPU
AORUS GeForce® GTX 1060 Xtreme Edition 6G
Hey Guys,

I followed the guide to set up my Hackintosh which worked perfectly. I am now having an issue with the the boot loader. At the moment I am only able to boot the hackintosh using my original thumb drive. When I change the BIOS setting to startup directly from my SSD the OS is unable to be found. I tried to download MultiBeast and when I selected the Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM boot loader. In the BIOS startup menu I am now able to see a UEFI for my SSD, but when I select it, it only brings up the Apple icon, but never goes past this point. Please any help is much appreciated. I am a NOOB to setting this up.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Download and install a standard version of Clover from Source Forge -https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Use the kexts, config.plist and drivers64UEFI from your bootable usb drive (i.e. copy and replace the files installed by clover) in the EFI/Clover folder you have on your SSD.

This should give you a bootable SSD if it is selected as first booting drive in your bios.

joe904

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel Core i7-7000k
GPU
Thanks for the reply..So I moved the mounted EFI folder from my thumb drive to the mounted ssd and replaced the EFI folder. I installed the latest version of Clover EFI v2.4. I performed a custom install selecting "UEFI.only," "Target.esp," and "OsxAptioFix2Drv-64". It installed with no problems. I restarted my computer and picked the UEFI for my ssd. Clover started up but it did not automatically start the OS. I had to select the Mac OS image. When the OS started, I noticed that now my graphics driver has stopped and I am back to a 5MB display. Any suggestions?? Update: Transferred EFI from thumb drive again and now graphics are good. Still unable to get OS to boot automatically.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
If you use Clover Configurator there is an option on the Boot tab for you to select your default boot volume, you should write the name of your SSD in this box, i.e. MacHD, Macintosh, High_Sierra etc. (not the EFI partition but the main macOS partition name). See screenshot of boot tab with default boot volume 'Sierra' highlighted -

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 17.55.30.png

I would also recommend that you don't have drives with spaces in their names, such as 'High Sierra', as it can cause issues when running terminal commands etc. Use the underscore or hyphen symbol in place of a space.

Last edited:

joe904

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel Core i7-7000k
GPU
Sorry for the late response. I just came back in town. I did as you suggested. I renamed my SSD to exclude spaces and just simply named it MAC. I then mounted the drive then choose the config.plist file. I updated the boot section and added MAC as my default. I then saved it and restarted the computer. I went to the BIOS to make sure that the PC starts with the UEFI of my SSD. It started and when it got to the Clover boot screen, it just sat there till I selected the correct image. At least now I do not need my thumb drive. I just need the boot loader to automatically respond.
Screen Shot 2018-06-17 at 5.27.48 PM.png

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Unselect ‘-1’ as this stops the default volume automatically booting.

Add a number between 3 and 10 seconds to ‘Timeout ’ this will be the time delay Clover uses before automatically booting. You will need this time delay in case you need to change a Clover boot option in the future.

Latest posts