robnav

macOS
Mobo
HP OEM
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
UHD630
Hey guys so I am almost done with my first hackintosh. It's an OEM HP motherboard and BIOS so I am very limited to what I can change in the bios. With all that I was able to install mojave 10.4.4. Everything is working but the audio and my iGPU UHD 630. The audio issue I can live with. I have some studio monitors and a USB audio interface that works out the box.

I have whatevergreen & lilu kexts installed and nothing. I got this suggestion from another forum but it caused a kernal panic. Those settings were:
IntelGFX 0x59128086
ig-platform-id 0x59120003
Check InjectIntel
shikigva=60

That didn't work. Does anyone have any other tricks or anything I'm missing that could get this going?

Thanks!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
You have a Coffee Lake CPU, the settings above are for a Kaby Lake CPU.

Fake ID for Intel GFX should be 0x3E928086
ig-platform-id should be 0x3E9B0007
Keep Inject Intel=true
Keep shikigva=60 (works with WhateverGreen.kext, which requires Lilu.kext)

What SMBIOS are you using?

See if changing these settings help with your UHD630 graphics.

Download and install Hackintool App to your Applications folder, latest is v2.4.6. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v2-4-6.254559/

Run the application and see what it says about your system. You may need to change your smbios for some components to work as expected.

It can help you create a custom USBPorts.kext or USB SSDT if you have not done so already.

The Audio &/or PCI tab may help identify your Built-in Audio, so you can get it working with AppleALC.kext.