Can't boot the USB installer due to RAM mapping errors

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
I've created several USB installers from Sierra to Catalina using the vanilla way and Unibeast on different USB drives. None of them can boot from Clover to the macOS installer on a HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF. After selecting the macOS Installer in the Clover boot selection, it shows some messages then reboots after a few seconds. It can't boot into the macos installer. The error I see is exactly the one from "Example 1. ERROR when RAM isn't properly mapped:" described here. I have 4x 8GB Kingston DIMMs for a total of 32 GB. I've mapped out the RAM in clover using the instructions but I get the same message with or without it. Next, I tried removing two DIMMs but I see the same messages. In Catalina and Mojave I sometimes see a different error: "AMF: Only 255/256 slide values are usable! Valid slides: 1-255". That is with 16 or 32 GM of RAM installed. I can only see the clover (non graphical) menu. The Bios version is 02.71 Rev.A22 from May 26, 2017. I'm using this config.plist from here where I mapped the RAM and enabled the device id for HD 4600 which does have support in macOS. How can I troubleshoot this further?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
From the images you posted above it definitely looks as though the kernel panic is cause by the RAM not being recognised correctly. Mapping the RAM sticks should have solved this issue.

Can you post a copy of your Whole CLOVER folder, so I can see what else it is being used to boot this system.

In the future can you refrain from naming the config.plist as a .txt document, it can cause the file to be formatted incorrectly. If you need to attach a config or your CLOVER folder, compress/zip the file or folder.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have had a look at your config.plist and made a number of changes, see if this helps. the changes include the following:
  • Add DSDT/SSDT rename patches for SATA, GIGE, HECI & GFX0
  • Add ACPI fixes - DeleteUnused=true and FixRegions=true
  • Add Slide=0 boot argument
  • Add NeverHibernate=true
  • Add Fake ID InteGFX=0x04128086
  • Device Properties IGPU:
    • Add Framebuffer-patch-enable=0100000
    • Add Frambuffer-stolenmem=00003001
  • Add Mouse options
  • Add Common Hide Volume Names, to clean Clover Boot Screen
  • Add AppleIntelCPUPM=true
  • KextsToPatch:
    • Remove obsolete USB port limit patches
    • Add Enable Trim for SSD patch
    • Add USB port limit patches for Catalina (two entries)
  • Change Sip to 0x67 (disabled). Can be changed to 0x3 after installation.
  • Change SMBIOS from iMac 15,1 to iMac 14,3 as this is a better match for your CPU
  • Checked new Serial Number with EveryMac and Apple Support
  • Used new Board Serial number to populate MLB
  • Changed the DIMM slots from 0, 1, 2 & 3 to 1, 2, 3 & 4

Attachments

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
Hi Edhawk, Thank for helping out. I've copied your config and now I see a different error message. This time it hangs there, doesn't reboot. I did a memtest86+ and the RAM looks to be OK. That machine also runs Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04.3 without any problems. In fact I heavily use it under Ubuntu as I'm running lots of virtual machines and containers at the same time, so the RAM itself should be fine. I'm attaching the EFI from the Catalina USB stick and the photo with the error. In the EFI I might have stuff that I've added along the way for trying different things. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

zen

Hi,

Apologies if I am hijacking this thread.

I am a total noob and I wish to install a hackintosh on my desktop. I am on a windows 10 at the moment, care to enlighten me on how to make a hackintosh bootable usb installer from windows 10?

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
From the images you posted above it definitely looks as though the kernel panic is cause by the RAM not being recognised correctly. Mapping the RAM sticks should have solved this issue.

Can you post a copy of your Whole CLOVER folder, so I can see what else it is being used to boot this system.

In the future can you refrain from naming the config.plist as a .txt document, it can cause the file to be formatted incorrectly. If you need to attach a config or your CLOVER folder, compress/zip the file or folder.
Here's the Clover folder.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@zen Use that CLOVER folder at your own Peril. We know nothing about your system, so there is a very high chance it won't boot, even if you have been able to create a USB installer for macOS.

There are lots of guides around on this and other Hackintosh sites. Find one that matches your PC specifications, or as close as you can. Follow that guide and then you can come ask for help. By the feel of your post, you don't know what you are doing, or how to go about doing what is necessary. So I would recommend that you go study some guides on how to install macOS to get a better idea of what is involved. It is not as simple or straightforward as installing Windows on a PC.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@daicuspamu where did you obtain the SSDT-HP.aml that is within the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

Have you created this SSDT-HP.aml or taken it from a guide written for a HP system identical to yours?

Was it created for another HP system that is simillar to yours?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@daicuspamu I have gone though your CLOVER folder and made a number of changes, that I think will better suit your HP booting macOS.

The only thing I am not sure about is the SSDT-HP.aml, as I don't know its origins or suitability for your system.

I would suggest trying to install macOS without the SSDT-HP.aml. See if that helps, you can always add it back in once you have macOS up and running.

To that end I have attached a CLOVER folder that doesn't contain the SSDT-HP.aml (CLOVER.zip) and another with SSDT-HP.aml present (CLOVER-SSDT.zip).

Attachments

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
Hi Edhawk, the SSDT-HP.aml I took it from someone on a forum that said he has a HP Prodesk 600 G1 running. I did not created it myself. I have tired both CLOVER.zip and CLOVER-SSDT.zip and they both display same message before rebooting. As you can see the Clover menu is a bit different now. I guess that SSDT-HP.aml doesn't do anything since with or without it the outcome is exactly the same. I'll remove it for now. Do you believe it's worth building another Cataliana on a different USB from scratch? If so, let me know which USB installer creation guide an kexts you recommend. Thanks again. I really appreciate it.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The Clover Boot Screen being clear of all the rubbish icons is something I commonly add to any config.plist I tweak. There is a 'Hide Volume' option in the config, where you can add the common names for the additional icons that we don't used: BOOTX64.EFI, Preboot, Recovery, Windows and Legacy named drives. This will leave the Install MacOS USB and macOS SSD/NVME/HD visible as long as it has not been named as one of the Hide Volume names.

Screenshot 2019-12-07 at 18.00.17.png Looks like this in Clover Configurator, blue rectangle around the names.

The error message is caused by the use of the wrong UEFI OsxAptioFix driver. There are a few, I installed the one I use on my Haswell Hack, thinking your Haswell machine would work with the same driver. Obviously that wasn't the case.

I have attched a copy of the Clover folder (without the HP SSDT), which has the OsxAptioFixDrv.efi driver replaced by the AptioMemoryFix.efi driver. This is shown as CLOVER2.zip.

In another zipped folder I have provided an alternative to AptioMemoryFix.efi, using OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi. This is the CLOVER3.zip folder.

Try them and see if one gets you get past this Aptio driver kernel panic.

Attachments

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
Looks like CLOVER2 (with AptioMemoryFix) leads to the original RAM mapping error and CLOVER3 (with OSXAptioFix3Drv) leads to the same error.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OK, I will have a look at editing Clover2 and see about fixing the Ram Mapping issue.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Do you have your RAM overclocked i.e. have you enabled XMP or anything like that in your bios?

I have disabled XMP profile in the config.plist attached.

Try this config.plist in place of the currrent one and see if that makes a difference. I would strongly recommend you disable any memory overclocking features in your bios.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Can I suggest that if the config and bios check recommended above in post #14 are not successful that you remove three of the four RAM sticks, and just boot the installer with a single RAM stick installed.

That is a common 'fix' for memory issues during installation.

Then when macOS is installed you can add the other RAM sticks back in, one at a time to make sure one of the sticks is not defective and causing the installation issue.

If the first stick of RAM you use doesn't work, try it in another DIMM slot, and then try one of the other sticks of RAM. There are lots of permutations given you have four sticks of RAM and four DIMM slots.

We will also have to change/remove the RAM info in the config.plist depending on which stick of RAM you are using. But with just the one stick of RAM installed this RAM information may not be required.

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
Hi @Edhawk, I've copied the new file from config.plist.zip to the CLOVER2. I've booted the system with all 4 dimms and then with just one (closest to the CPU) and the error message is the same as before "AMF: Only 255/256 slide values are usable! Valid slides: 1-255". Really weird, as it doesn't seem to make a difference if I have all 4 or just 1 dimm installed. I have no XMP or any RAM adjustment/overclocking settings in my BIOS. I will try to move one dimm into the other slots and post back.

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
Which config file I should use when using only one dimm at a time and rotating them in all slots? One without hard coded mapping no? But which one?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Copy the last config.plist and remove the hard coding for the RAM.

I have attached a revised config-slide.plist, which you shoudl use. I have added a few additional patches for the ACPI and kernel, plus Slide=100 boot argument. I ahve also removed the hard coded RAM infomration.

Rename it as config.plsit when you copy it to the CLOVER folder.

Attachments

Last edited:

daicuspamu

macOS
Mobo
HP 600 G1
CPU
GPU
Intel HD4600
No dice. The result is the same with every slot and every dimm. "AMF: Only 255/256 slide values are usable! Valid slides: 1-255" and reboots. That's as far as I can go.