Catalina install error on MSI Z390 + i9 9900K

akiravjp

Mobo
MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU
i9 9900K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Hi, I've create bootable Catalina USB using Clover Bootloader newest version.
I am stuck on booting so who has a solution for this?
My specifications:
- MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC
- Intel i9 9900K with UHD 630
- RAM 32GB (2x16) TridentZ 3000mhz
- SSD 860 1TB + 970 pro 500GB
I tried using some OsxOptioFixDrv but nothing changed, it returned same results: Cannot allocate area.
Then i used OsxOptioFixDrv-free2000.uefi and got this:

I added args "-v -s -x dart=0 UseKernelCache=false" but seems to be the same.
Please help me find a solution for it

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your clover folder so we can see what you are using.

We can’t really help if we don’t know what you are using, can we?

akiravjp

Mobo
MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU
i9 9900K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Post a copy of your clover folder so we can see what you are using.

We can’t really help if we don’t know what you are using, can we?
This is my EFI folder and memory map.
Please check it and help me to find a solution.
Thank you!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to use.

Replace the CLOVER folder you are currently using with the one I have attached, not parts of the folder the whole folder. It is based on your i9-990K CPU and Z390 motherboard.

Let me know how you get on.

Attachments

akiravjp

Mobo
MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC
CPU
i9 9900K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
I updated BIOS to the latest version then i replace my EFI folder with yours
And.... boommm.
1573699396736.png

Thank you so much. That's Awesome!
But my graphics card doesn't seem to be working properly, so I need an idea to fix it.

macOS
Mobo
Asus TUF Z390M Pro Gaming (Without WIFI)
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Hi Guys!
I didn't wanna open a new topic for this, hope it is not a problem to write here.
So I managed to install Catalina with the clover folder what Edhawk posted above. I modified a bit.
I have graphic issues. I use only the igpu now. I found weird lines around the dock or for example Firefox. And in the finder search box also has a line (I have a Mac Mini with Catalina and this lines are not there). When i move a window it's glitching, youtube video also. Launchpad opening also not so fluid.

My HW:
MO: Asus Tuf Z390M Pro gaming (without wifi)
CPU: Intel i7 9700K
RAM: HyperX Predator 2x16 GB (2666 MHz)
GPU: Only iGPU for now
SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 512GB PCIe
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB
SSD2: Intel 180GB (sata) for dual boot

About This Mac not showing properly my HW details.
Can I do something with it?

I also don't have sound device recognised. Updated Lilu to the latest version and now it's working.
Restart and shutdown is working but sleep is not. Or it somehow put the computer to sleep but the screen is remaining the same and if I clicked with the mouse first it not moved than I heard the HDD turning on again and the mouse started moving.
My iphone and ipad is recognised in the os. The iphone is charging but the ipad is not and sidecar also not recognised it.
I need this config for photo and video work so graphic stability is crucial for me. Later I wanna add dedicated GPU for better performance.

At least ethernet is working. :D

I attached a few screenshot and my Clover folder.

Thanks for the help!

PS: I copied the SSDT-XOSI.aml file from someone else who has the same motherboard. I don't know which usb ports are disabled (Maybe 2.0-s and others).

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
@aklravjp, the APPL, ig-platform-id needs to be changed in the config.plist. I have attached a revised config.plist, with just this change.

Try this one and let me know if it fixes the IGPU acceleration issue.

Just rename the configv2.plist as config.plist when you copy it to your CLOVER folder. Keep a copy of the other config in your CLOVER folder as a backup, just rename it as config_old.plist or something similar, as Clover will only boot the file named config.plist.

Boot with this config and post a copy of your Bootlog.txt. As that will show if your config.plist needs any other tweaks.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
@MNKYbrain88
Graphics acceleration issue may have been fixed in the configv2.plist I attached in post #7.

Did you change the Serial Number etc. in the config.plist so there are not two systems using the same serial when you try to connect to Apple's servers for iMessage, iCloud etc.

That is the main reason I ask people to start a new thread, so the risk of someone duplicating a serial number is eliminated as much as possible. I don't go to the trouble of checking the Serial Number with EveryMac and Apple Support for the fun of it!

I have attached a revised config.plist to this post that you should use, it has a different serial number, Board Serial Number, MLB and ROM from the config I posted above. Yes I have checked it is not being used by a real Mac, so it should work with the Apple Servers without any issues.

I have used the configv2.plist as a base so it should contain the IGPU fix.

Rename it to config.plist when you copy it to your CLOVER folder. Reboot and then post a copy of the Bootlog.txt so I can see what is hapenning when your system boots.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Hi @Edhawk!
Of course I chaneged the uniqe id-s except MLB before the installation and checked the serial on apple's website. I wanna sign into iCloud when the system is stabile so I didn't use it yet.
I swapped the config file. Now I'm stucked here.

I generated a boot log with clover.
Somehow I managed to repair the graphic issues. I attached the config file for revision.

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
@MNKYbrain88,

That error is related to your SuperIO device being enabled in your bios. If you boot in to your Bios and disable this component the error will stop.

I have had a look at the bootlog and it is pretty good. I have made a few minor tweaks to the attached config.plist to deal with a few minor issues raised in the bootlog.

Try it and let me know if it works. Post a bootlog with this config, so I can see if the changes have taken.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
The boot was super smooth and it seemd to be faster! Here is the log file.
I run a Geekbench5 test and got this result: Single-Core: 1216 Multi-Core: 7720.
It seems a lot lower than others scores. Is this a proper performance for the 9700K?
I saw the Gigabite Z390 Build post with the same CPU and he has 4 times greater scores than mine.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to be aware that Geekbench have release a new version 5. Which has reset the scores so they are much lower than the scores obtained from versions 3 and 4.

Make sure you are comparing like with like. If he has used the old version 4 and you have downloaded and used the new version 5, then you can not compare them against each other. As they use different tests and are calibrated to a different scale.

I will have a look at your bootlog tomorrow, as I am just off to the pub for a drink.

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Good point! I got the score with the 4. All right, Have a nice evening!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have had a look at your latest Bootlog.txt and it looks good. Speedy and clear of any issues I as far as I could see.

The only optomisation that I would recommend is removing the kexts from /CLOVER/kexts/Other and installing them to the /Library/Extensions folder, so they become part of the kernel cache.

Have a read of this guide, it explains why third party kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...an-sierra-high-sierra-mojave-catalina.268964/

Good luck with your system.

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Thanks for your help! I did it according the post. Should I delete the installed kexts from the kexts/other folder? I didn't see any mention in the post.
Now I can start repairing the minor issues. Sleep is going well but after wake it is restarts.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
If you have installed all the kexts to /Library/Extensions then you can remove them from the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

I normally leave a copy of FakeSMC.kext in the /CLOVER/kext/Other folder, as a just in case.

Here is a guide to how Sleep and Hibernation work on a Hack and a real Mac - https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299721-sleep-hibernation-how-it-works-and-how-to-use/

You should read the guide, then follow the instructions in this guide, it will help with your sleep/restart issues.

What you may find is that your need to create a USB SSDT-UIAC.aml or USBPorts.kext for your system. This will activate 15 USB ports each and everytime you boot, the same 15 ports. This complies with the 15 port limit that Apple introduced with El Capitan. The restart issue is likely to be caused by a wake call from one of the USB ports, usually the Bluetooth. This is a very common issue for Hackintosh systems.

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel i7 9700K
GPU
Intel UHD 630
One more. The guide says install only the critical kexts. Are the fake, lilu, whatever, appalc enough or install everything and empty the other folder?
I already started investigate my ports accordingly to this: https://hackintosher.com/forums/thr...70n-wifi-i5-8400-970-evo.704/page-4#post-6103
Tomorrow I grab a USB-A to C adapter from work to test that port too.
I don't have wifi or BT on my motherboard so I don't think that causes the restart.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
As I said, install ALL of the kexts from your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder in to your /Library/Extensions folder.

But keep a copy of FakeSMC.kext and only this kext in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

All the other kexts should only be installed to /Library/Extensions. Thre should be no duplicates of the other kexts.

No it won't be your Bluetooth if you don't have it in your system. It will be something else but it is still likely to be USB related.

Latest posts