Zoom

macOS
Mobo
GIGABYTE AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8G
Hi, I had High Sierra installed and fully functional before I re-installed windows and updated my BIOS, it was booting fine, fast and without any kernel panics, recently I reinstalled my windows and updated my BIOS from F4 version to F12b after finishing windows, I went to work on mac os but it wouldn't boot up, I kept trying to access the operating system and trying safe mode and a bunch of other stuff (removing kexts, updating kexts, making sure my bios has the correct settings set) but nothing worked, and when I tried to reinstall hackintosh it wouldn't even boot to the installer -same problem- , I have tried -x, -f but no luck, I have added a screenshot of the problem from the boot manager I used to boot into my installed high sierra and the boot manager is attached as well.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is this a laptop?
  2. Are your mouse and keyboard connected by USB?
  3. If yes to the USB connection, why are you using the VoodooPS2Controller.kext?
  4. When you installed Windows, did you remove your macOS drive?
  5. Is your macOS drive set as the first disk to boot in your bios, so Clover is the Bootloader selected not Windows Boot Manager?
  6. Why did you upgrade your bios, were you being impacted by the issues the new bios fixed?
I will have a look at your Clover folder and get back to you later. But if as you say your system was running fine with this folder, then it is unlikely to be an issue with the contents of your CLOVER folder.

Zoom

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
1. It's not a laptop, it's a PC my specs are
MOBO : Gigabyte AORUS Z-370 Ultra Gaming Wifi
CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-8700k - 3.70 GHz
RAM : AData DDR4 8 GB stick - 3000 MHz
GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming Edition 8GB
2. Yes, they are connected by USB.
3. They were installed inside of the folder by default but I figured since I have a PS/2 plug in the motherboard It would make sense to have that kext and it wasn't causing any problems for me before so I decided to leave it.
4. Nope, I'm dual booting on the same SSD, I have windows installed on a partition and macOS on the other partition, but since I had done it before and it was working no problems I thought it would be fine.
5. Yes, I have modified the boot order so that It boots to clover first and left Windows Boot Manager working so if I wanted I can set windows as my primary boot device again, which was working quite well.
6. Tbh there was no problems with my BIOS but I was considering getting an I9-9900K so I thought about upgrading and in the BIOS description it said
Improved system performance and stability
So I was like that is good.

Now the real problem is no clover is working for me, I have tried multiple EFI and tried to even reinstall mac os again but before even reaching the installer screen it would get stuck, so now I can't reinstall nor boot to my macOS, all I can do is use my VMWare macOS to change config.plist and add or remove kexts.
I have a backup of my old BIOS version, I will flash the bios and rollback to the old one and If that solves the problem, then the new BIOS is the problem, I'll post when I do that and thanks for the help.

Zoom

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
It was the BIOS, I reverted back to F4 and I booted fine into macOS with the clover I attached above, It seems like that the new version of BIOS is messing up with clover, I will test every single version of BIOS after F4 until I find which version is causing the problem, thanks :) .

EDIT :
BIOS versions from F4 to F11 worked fine with me, F12b was causing the problem.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Good to hear. I will still have a look at your Clover folder as I| think you have a large number of kexts in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder that are unnecessary.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for your System, try it and see if this improves your system any.

I have cleaned up your Clover folder:
  • Added SSDT SSDT-XOSI to /CLOVER/ACPI/Patched
  • Deleted drivers64 folder
  • Deleted a number of unnecessary kexts
  • Updated the kexts retained in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  • Deleted a number of unused Themes
I have amended your config.plist as follows:
  • Added a number of additional DSDT rename patches
  • Added a couple of additional DSDT fixes
  • changed your drop SSDT tables list
  • Added an ACPI option
  • Added Generate PluginType
  • Added Plugin Type =1
  • Added EN for English language
  • Added 1920 x 1080 screen resolution
  • Added Scan Custom Entries & Tool options
  • Adde A list of common Hide Volume names
  • Added Inject Intel
  • Removed a couple of Kernel fix options
  • Removed a number of AppleHDA KextsToPatch entries
  • Added Enable Trim for SSD and External Icon patch
  • Changed the MLB entry to match the smbios Serial Board number
Hopefully this will help your system to boot faster, provide CPU power management, and fixed a number of other issues.

Just for future reference these are the main components on your GIGABYTE AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming Wifi motherboard:

USB Ports:
Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller: These can be problematic especially during installation
  1. 1 x USB Type-C port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support
  2. 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel
Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  2. 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
  3. 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
Audio Codec:
  1. Realtek® ALC1220 codec
Ethernet Port:
  1. Intel LAN
These are the components that can cause the most problems for Hackintosh users.
  • Your Audio Codec will work with AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext
  • Your Ethernet will work with IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • You need to create a custom SSDT or USBPort.kext for your USB ports. You are currently using two USB port Limit patches, which are only meant as a temporary solution while installing macOS.
The latest versions of the kexts mentioned above are in your revised /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Attachments

Zoom

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K
GPU
Oh thanks, I just reinstalled macOS and I was getting clover installed, searching for what kexts I need, since you have already uploaded a more suitable one for the setup I have I will check all the changes and learn more about them.

ashcliffe

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo G580
CPU
i5-3230
GPU
Intel 4000
I have a similar problem. I installed Catalina on the newer laptops but I have lots of trouble with this Lenovo G580. I am running Mojave 10.14.5 on it but get stuck on update to Catalina on ApplePS2Mouse initialization.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
@ashcliffe Start a new thread in the Help Me section.

Zoom has a desktop system, so you jumping on the end of the post with your laptop is not ideal.

From the image you posted it looks as though you are using a few out of date fixes 'Intel Graphics Fixup' is mentioned in the verbose text, it is now obsolete, having been absorbed in to WhateverGreen.kext (Lilu.kext plugin). You are likely to have a few other incorrect kexts, drivers and config.plist entries.

Post a copy of your current CLOVER folder and I will have a look at it later today, time permitting.

ashcliffe

macOS
Mobo
Lenovo G580
CPU
i5-3230
GPU
Intel 4000
@ashcliffe Start a new thread in the Help Me section.

Zoom has a desktop system, so you jumping on the end of the post with your laptop is not ideal.

From the image you posted it looks as though you are using a few out of date fixes 'Intel Graphics Fixup' is mentioned in the verbose text, it is now obsolete, having been absorbed in to WhateverGreen.kext (Lilu.kext plugin). You are likely to have a few other incorrect kexts, drivers and config.plist entries.

Post a copy of your current CLOVER folder and I will have a look at it later today, time permitting.
posted in Help Me