r_hooks87

macOS
Mobo
Aorus Z390 Pro WIFI
CPU
i7-9700K
GPU
None as yet IGPU
Hi all I am new to computer building and Hackintosh.

The installer keeps freezing at this point " <Error>: Failed to bootstap path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents, error = 2: No such file or directory" Please see attached screen shot and EFI folder.

My Motherboard is Aorus pro wifi Z390
My Processor i7-9700K
At present, I am using the IGPU

As I wanted to see if my machine would work before buying a graphics card.

Any Help greatly appreciated

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The first issue I see with your setup is you appear to be installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 while using a Coffee Lake (CFL) i7-9700K CPU and Z390 motherboard. The CFL CPU and Z390 chipset combination wasn't supported in macOS till Mojave 10.14.4, which was a special build released by Apple to developers and with the 2019 iMac Pro.

So you need to get hold of a copy of Mojave 10.14.5 or later macOS installer.

Your /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist contains a SMBIOS for a Kaby Lake system iMac18,1 which is unlikely to work well with your system. You would need to be using either the iMac 19,1 or 19.2 SMBIOS with your setup.

I have run through your EFI Folder and made a number of changes that I think will help you get macOS installed on your system, as long as it is macOS Mojave or newer. It will not work with High Sierra.

See if this EFI Folder helps with installing Mojave.

Attachments

r_hooks87

macOS
Mobo
Aorus Z390 Pro WIFI
CPU
i7-9700K
GPU
None as yet IGPU
The first issue I see with your setup is you appear to be installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 while using a Coffee Lake (CFL) i7-9700K CPU and Z390 motherboard. The CFL CPU and Z390 chipset combination wasn't supported in macOS till Mojave 10.14.4, which was a special build released by Apple to developers and with the 2019 iMac Pro.

So you need to get hold of a copy of Mojave 10.14.5 or later macOS installer.

Your /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist contains a SMBIOS for a Kaby Lake system iMac18,1 which is unlikely to work well with your system. You would need to be using either the iMac 19,1 or 19.2 SMBIOS with your setup.

I have run through your EFI Folder and made a number of changes that I think will help you get macOS installed on your system, as long as it is macOS Mojave or newer. It will not work with High Sierra.

See if this EFI Folder helps with installing Mojave.

Thanks for that I did read about Coffee Lake, skylake etc but it went a bit over my head and I wasnt sure which one matched my hardware.

I am now getting a new error message "Mac OS Version: Not yet set" I am not sure if this is the cause of this latest freeze some of the forums say its a kernel panic.
IMG_3844.JPG

The other thing is I am not sure of my installer as the latest installer I could download from the app store is High Sierra (my macbook is an old unibody 2010). Managed to find a work around and used a maOS Mojave patcher to download it. Seems to work on my macbook in the sense that it gets to the point in the install process it tells me it won't install on my macbook.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Download and use Corpnewt's gibMacOS python script, it will enable you to download and create a Mojave or Catalina installation app, on any system (Mac or Windows). Here is a link to Corpnewt's GitHub repository for gibMacOS - https://github.com/corpnewt/gibMacOS

Select the green 'Code' button and then select 'Download Zip' option.

On a Mac or Hack:
  1. When you have downloaded the folder, navigate to the 'GibMacOS-Master' folder
  2. Double-click the 'gibMacOS.command' item
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.48.58.png
  3. This will open a Terminal window with the following options (in macOS):
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.33.55.png gibMacOS options in Terminal - Mojave 10.14.6 highlighted
  4. Then enter 17 and press Enter, which will commence a download of Mojave 10.14.6.
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.38.10.png Download of macOS Mojave commenced
  5. The downloaded files will be saved to the /gibMacOS-Master/macOS Downloads/publicrelease folder.
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.51.06.png macOS Downloads folder
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.49.12.png Publicrelease folder
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.49.23.png contents of my publicrelease folder
  6. This is a 5.54 GB download that will take time, so just let the download finish.
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.55.14.png download completed, press Enter and then Q to quit the script.
  7. Once the Download has completed you need to select and run 'BuildmacOSInstallApp.command', which is found in the gibMacOS folder
    • Screenshot 2021-05-14 at 13.49.33.png
  8. This command will use the files you downloaded to create a macOS installer for Mojave,
  9. Once the Installer app has been created, you should move it to your Applications folder.
  10. Once the Installation app is in your Applications folder, it can be used to create a Mojave USB installation drive with the 'CreateInstallMedia' command, in a new Terminal Window, no matter what version of macOS your system is currently running.
This is the CreateInstallMedia Terminal command your should use when creating a Mojave bootable USB drive, with the empty USB drive named as 'Untitled':

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled

Hope this helps.

r_hooks87

macOS
Mobo
Aorus Z390 Pro WIFI
CPU
i7-9700K
GPU
None as yet IGPU
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/reateinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
Thanks you but still the same error screen still at least I know the installer is ok. I have attached the config file again but there has been no changes appart from serial numbers since you last looked at it.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Are you installing Mojave 10.14.6 now in place of High Sierra? If yes, then the USB port Limit patches need to be amended in your config.plist. Copy attached containing the port limit patches for Mojave and Catalina. Only the patches needed will be used as they are OS version specific.

Try this revised config.plist and see if that helps.

Any chance you could shoot a video of the Verbose text with your phone and attach it here or provide a link to shared Cloud based folder containing the video.

As the screen image above in post #3 is missing some important information, that would probably help me get a better fix on what is causing the kernel panic. Assuming the changes to the USB port limit patches don't fix the issue.

Did you create the SSDT's that are in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder or did you obtain them from someone or another site?

Do you have any other drives, other than the drive you plan to install macOS Mojave on, connected in your case? If yes can you disconnect them when running the macOS installer, as they can on occasions cause unnecessary kernel panics. This only matters during the installation process they can be reconnected once macOS has been installed.

Attachments

r_hooks87

macOS
Mobo
Aorus Z390 Pro WIFI
CPU
i7-9700K
GPU
None as yet IGPU
Yeah I am now trying to install Mojave instead of High sierra. I used the efi file from this post as they were running similar hardware to me https://hackintosher.com/builds/gigabyte-z390-aorus-ultra-i7-9700k-vega-64-hackintosh-build-guide/ I just changed the config file. So no I did not create the SSDT's. No other drives are connected.

Here is the link to the video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Bxp3C4JobVhiODUyxoRem_4Qz1FL47kJ/view?usp=sharing

Hope you can see what you need to the screen moves very fast. I am starting night shifts so may take me a few days to reply. Thank you for the help really appreciated

Last edited: