6darek

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z97 -UD5H
CPU
i7 4790
GPU
Radeon rx 570
Hello : / Well , I updated to Catalina and was using clover 5119 an the system was ok but nat as stable as I would like to run and couldn't update to Catalina 10.15.7 so I thought let's update clover and the kexts and surely that will improve everything.
Well, downloaded the package update from clover configurator and first got stuck at apple logo, then I tried to mount it on another Hackintosh but it seems the disk got corrupted or something , because the only message I get is to initialize the disk and can't even mount it to repair it :(
is there any possibility to bring it back to life? should I quit any try with clover and just embrace open core and Big Sur? any possible way to get my data back from that disk?
Thanx in advance my fellow hackintoshers :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
There are a number of free data recovery software apps for macOS, that might be able to recover the data on the disk. I haven't needed to use one so I've not got any personal experience using any of them.

A simple google search for 'disk recovery software Mac' will bring up a list of software. See which if any grab your fancy.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
If you choose to install Big Sur I would recommend you switch to the OpenCore bootloader.

6darek

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z97 -UD5H
CPU
i7 4790
GPU
Radeon rx 570
There are a number of free data recovery software apps for macOS, that might be able to recover the data on the disk. I haven't needed to use one so I've not got any personal experience using any of them.

A simple google search for 'disk recovery software Mac' will bring up a list of software. See which if any grab your fancy.
Thanx ED for the info!! yes, I have some experience with data recover, ill try the progs I have. The question was more headed if someone had a more "easy" way to bring it back to life. I read that installing an old version of clover would make this work, but I cant if the disk doesn't appear.
:(
Anyway, thanx for the info, I really appreciate it ;)

6darek

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z97 -UD5H
CPU
i7 4790
GPU
Radeon rx 570
If you choose to install Big Sur I would recommend you switch to the OpenCore bootloader.
Ill stick with that! thanx!

( I see that we hace practically the same Mobo , so in the future ,I will look for you in any desperate case haha :)

greetings and happy holidays!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes we have very similar systems. If you want an OC EFI for your system I can provide one. It runs Catalina but would probably run Big Sur with no additional work.

Seasons greetings to you too.

6darek

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z97 -UD5H
CPU
i7 4790
GPU
Radeon rx 570
Yes we have very similar systems. If you want an OC EFI for your system I can provide one. It runs Catalina but would probably run Big Sur with no additional work.

Seasons greetings to you too.
Hello Hedhawk!!
well about my issue I tried recovering the dat without success :(
So now im ready to start a new install in OC and I'll be very pleased if I can use your efi.
also , is there a guide I can follow to make this step by step?
Thanx in advance for your help :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Here is a copy of my OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI folder, named 'EFI copy'. You need to rename it as EFI before you use it.

This contains the OC folder I am currently using on my i7-4790K/Z97X-UD5H/RX580 system. I haven't updated to OC 0.6.4 or 0.6.5 as this setup works for my system.

It contains all the SSDT's, Kexts and drivers I needed for this system, including my SSDT-UIAC.aml for my USB configuration. This is provided so you can see what I have done with my system's USB ports, you can use the attached SSDT-UIAC.dsl as a base for your own USB port configuration.

You will need to rename the config.plist, as it is currently named 'config-no-SN.plist'. As the name implies it doesn't contain a Serial Number, UUID, MLB or ROM code. You need to add these from your previous setup, or generate new codes/numbers for a matching SMBIOS, iMac 15,1.

If you are to run a new installation you will not need to go through the Clover Conversion steps - https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Install-Guide/tree/master/clover-conversion. As you will not be switching the bootloader on a 'working' system.

You can simply copy the EFI folder attached to the EFI partition on your macOS installation USB.

If you want a guide Dortania have created one, which is updated each month when the new version of OC is released. The current version of OC is 0.6.5 and the guide expects you to use that version of OC - https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/. They don't keep the old version guides online.

Hope this helps.

Attachments