Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I'm not sure if anyone will be interested in this but I have put together a number of hard disk, SSD, NVME and external drive icons that can be used in OS X and macOS, in place of the standard hard drive and external drive icons. Folders attached contains the icon images (obtained from a thread over at tonymacx86 some years ago). Few sample icons below.

Samsung 830 1.jpg USB.jpg WD Blue 1TB.jpg

If you fancy changing your hard drive icons the process is simple:
  1. Download the attached folder(s).
  2. Navigate to the icon you want to use and open it in Preview.
  3. Select the thumbnail image in the left hand column and press cmd+c to copy the icon.
  4. Right-click on the desktop icon of your hard drive/NMVE or SSD drive, select 'Get info'
  5. On the info window that appears select the icon at the top of the window, press cmd+v to paste the previously copied icon.
  6. You may at this point be asked to provide your password, if yes do so and the icon should change to the one you copied.
  7. Repeat copy and paste process to change icons for each drive in your hack.
Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 11.54.04.png

This changed icon(s) will now be used in Finder.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 11.55.21.png

You can also have the icon show on the Clover Boot Screen by selecting 'Custom Icon' on the GUI tab in Clover Configurator, the copied icon(s) would replace the theme icons on the boot screen.

Screen Shot 2018-07-10 at 11.47.24.png

I don't have any other SSD or HD icons, and I never got around to creating any. So I won't be able to help anyone create a different custom icon, no matter how nicely they ask!

Attachments

Latest posts