10.12.x
Mobo
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7-8750H
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
View: https://youtu.be/h22MJD8C1r8

Hi guys i'm having problem with my Dell XPS 15 9570 with this tutorial and other on the web.

Has anyone tried it and does it work? I can't in any way read from a Usb Drive.
I tried 5 USB Drive and my Bios does not see them, does anyone have a solution? I can see only my Hard Disk and if i'm going in BIOS Setup / BOOT Sequence/ EFI Boot Selection i can not see the USB too.

"Secure Boot Enable" is unchecked
"Sata Operation" is AHCI and not RAID ON

I tried also to download Mojave and installed on USB drive via TransMac but same issue, i can not see the it in the Bios, i watched so many tutorial and guide the last 3 days and i'm getting crazy :)

Attachments

1tjkirby

macOS
Mobo
Dell XPS 9360 D8261
CPU
Intel Core i5 8250u
GPU
Intel UHD Graphics 620
Not recognizing the drives sounds like you don't have USB booting enabled. You need to manually activate normal usb booting and usb-c booting in your bios as well as secure boot and AHCI.

USB Booting:
Settings > System Configuration > USB Configuration > Check "Enable USB Boot Support"

USB-C Booting:
Settings > System Configuration > Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration > Check "Enable Thunderbolt Technology Support" and "Enable Thunderbolt Adapter Boot Support"

Good luck!

lamb92667

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Dell XPS 15
CPU
i7-8750H
GPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Thank you so much 1tjkirby for your message!

USB Booting:
Settings > System Configuration > USB Configuration > Check "Enable USB Boot Support"

This one was activeted

USB-C Booting:
Settings > System Configuration > Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration > Check "Enable Thunderbolt Technology Support" and "Enable Thunderbolt Adapter Boot Support"

I did but still have the same issue unfortunately

I can not findly also the USB in manual mode.

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts