crut

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
I5-8400
GPU
onboard
After a long time got back into playing with the INWIN Asrock. Have 10.4.5 on NVME that's the main drive; a 256GB SSD split in half for backup/playing and a 256GB SSD with Win10 on it. (EdHawk must take credit for making it so simple!)
It appears Clover shows a lot of Disks but booting WIN EFI loads 10 and it works well but grabs the boot in NVRAM(?) and Clover won't boot!
Found this: https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/bootice_64_bit.html that I'll have a go at, may fix unless anyone can suggest something else?
=====
The 2nd problem is, bought a 32" Viewsonic that's crap in that no menu there unless vid signal? What's worse DP wouldn't display Clover screen yet HDMI would, then it worked for a day without any fiddling but stopped working?
On U-Tube vids it only plays a few seconds then clunks to black. Move mouse it comes back but does this continuously.
This does not happen if I use my Late 2009 as a monitor.

Question: is the Viewsonic the problem or the Mac OS on DP? I have an RM (100 bucks if no fault) but they're a PC mob and I still have to try the Win side when I've stopped it grabbing the OS.

Comments appreciated.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
It is unlikely to be the display causing the black screen. It is more likely the IGPU framebuffer you are using is not set correctly.

For most systems a DisplayPort connection to a monitor is most likely to work, as Apple use the DP connection on a lot of their older systems. Thunderbolt in the newer systems.

Apple don't use HDMI ports on any of their systems so these are usually the most likely to require a framebuffer patch to get them working.

I assume you are running Mojave 10.14.5 not OS X Tiger 10.4.5!

Dual booting macOS and Windows 10 is unchanged, but I would recommend you have a look at this guide by Going-Bald over at Tonymacx86, it runs through the steps required for installing multiple OS's on the same SSD - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/.

Any changes you made are most likely easily reversible, so getting back to a clean dual boot shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

It is all about getting the macOS bootloader (CLOVER in this case) loading before the Windows bootloader. you may need to fix the boot order or reinstall Clover if a Windows Update has changed anything Clover related.