macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte - Z390 - Designare
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Good evening everyone,

Sorry for my english, I live in Brazil and I use a translator.

I'm running a hackintosh and everything works perfectly, but I need some help evaluating my EFI if something is missing or missing.

I ended up getting a lot of information in various places and ended up doing an EFI that works for me in practice, but as I do not know very well, I may have put things without need or even small details that can improve the performance of my machine.

What I have on my hardware:

1. Motherboard - Z390 - Designare - Gigabyte
2. Intel i9 9900k
3. Shafire - 580RX 8GB
4. SSD - 970 Pro Samsumg 512GB (have two - one for Mac other for windows)
5. Thunberbolt OWC-4 (Thunderbolt 2)
6. Thunderbolt OWC - Dock - Thunderbolt 2
7- 64GB Memory - Corsair - 3000mhz
8-Tp-link T9E (wi-fi)
9- BT - Tp-link (usb) 4.0
10- Mouse Apple
11- Keyboard Apple
12- Enclosure - Thermaltake
13- Source: Corsair 1000i HX

I do not know how the forum works, if someone is willing to check my EFI and give opinions on how to improve, I am grateful.

Thank you.

Abdo

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your EFI folder and we can see what you are using.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Abdo, thanks for the donation.

I have had a look at your EFI folder and would make the following changes:
  1. Add SSDT-XOSI to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, this is so macOS knows which version of Windows your system should correspond to. This SSDT along with the change OSI_ to XOSI DSDT/SSDDT rename patch in your config.plist makes macOS work better with your PC components.
  2. Delete the /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64 folder, it is not required for your UEFI system.
  3. Delete the following drivers from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder:
    1. AptioMemoryFix-64.xxx this driver will not or at least shouldn't load with the .xxx file extension name
    2. AudioDxe-64.efi - known to slow down boot times
    3. VBoxHfs-64.efi - You also have HFSPlus-64.efi int his folder, you don't need both HFS drivers.
  4. Delete the numbered OSX folders from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts, leaving just the Other folder.
  5. Delete the following kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
    1. FakePCIID_Intel_GbX.kext
    2. FakePCIID.kext
    3. USBInjectAll.kext - You have a customised SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml in /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, which should activate your USB ports.
  6. Your Mobo has two Ethernet ports, they are different Intel models:
    1. LAN1 Intel I211-AT - Dev/Ven ID 0x15398086 should work with SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
    2. LAN2 Intel I219-V - Dev/Ven ID 0x15BC8086 should work with IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  7. Remove the embedded and random Clover themes, you have another theme OSS that is used the other two are not and are therefore not needed.
I would make the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Add some common DSDT/SSDT rename patches:
    • change _OSI to XOSI
    • change _DSM to XDSM
    • change EC0 to EC
    • change H_EC to EC
    • change GLAN to GIGE
  • Add two ACPI fixes:
    • FixRegions
    • DeleteUnused
  • Delete two boot arguments and add one other:
    • Delete 'keepsyms=1' and 'debug=0x100'
    • Add 'darkwake=10'
  • Add 'NeverHibernate=true'
  • Add Language=pt (Portuguese)
  • Add Screen Resolution=1920x1080
  • Add Common Hide Volume names:
    • \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI
    • Windows
    • Legacy
  • I checked your smbios serial number at EveryMac and Apple Support, it passes both checks.
  • Changed Inject Kexts=Yes to Detect.
What I would suggest is you have a read of this post by Jaymonkey over at Tonymacx86 regarding third party kexts and where they should be installed - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

Installing the kexts currently in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to /Library/Extensions will keep these kexts in the kernel cache, so they are loaded each time your system wakes from sleep. If they are in your EFI folder they may not be loaded after sleep.

I have attached a CLOVER folder with all of the changes listed above. Try it in place of your current CLOVER folder and let me know how you get on.

If you could post a copy of your current Bootlog, and one generated after changing CLOVER folders that would be helpful, so we can see what difference the changes have made in timings etc.

Attachments

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Hello Edward, thanks for the effort.
Attached the two bootlogs as requested.
What I noticed is that the internal and external USB 2.0 ports are not working.
There is also an error that already happened and continues, when I mount the external OWC and request to dismount in the disk utility, it ends up locking and I have to force the disk utility to shut down.
The rest seems fine, so I could test, sound, video, all ports usb 3.0 and 3.1 work.
As I had thought a lot I put it might have been too much in my Clover folder.
Thank you,

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, I have had a look at both bootlog's and the second is much better than the first. the boot time has changed from 11.366 seconds down to 4.120 seconds, even with a lot more entries processed.

I have attached a revised config.plist, which takes in to account some of the entries seen in the second bootlog. I have changed the following:
  • Removed these DSDT/SSDT rename patches, as they are not used:
    • Change EC0 to EC
    • Change XHC1 to XHC
  • Added these DSDT/SSDT rename patches:
    • change HECI to IMEI
    • change GFX0 to IGPU (Intel GPU rename)
    • change PEGP to GFX0 (AMD GPU rename)
  • All the other rename patches work as expected.
  • changed AAPL,ig-platform-id from 07009B3E (IGPU only) to 0300983E (dGPU), in accordance with this Mojave guide by Hackintosher - https://hackintosher.com/guides/guide-to-fresh-installing-macos-mojave-on-a-hackintosh-10-14/. Your Intel IGPU UHD 630 has the following Dev/Ven ID 0x3E988086
  • Change Screen Resolution from 1920x1080 to 2560x1440 (max resolution available and confirmed in the bootlog)
You have two wifi cards installed, an Intel wifi card and a Broadcom card. I would recommend removing the Intel card as it will never work in macOS. The Broadcom wifi card can be provided with drivers, from BootCamp so it works in Windows 10.

The Broadcom and other drivers needed for Windows 7 or 10 can be downloaded via the Boot Camp Assistant App, which can be found in the Utilities folder:

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 16.29.27.png

You will need a MS-Dos (FAT) formatted external drive to download the drivers. Open the Boot Camp Assistant app, follow the Wizard and make the following selections:

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 16.30.43.png
Select Continue

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 16.31.08.png
Unselect Create a Windows 7 or later version install disk.
Unselect Install or remove Windows 7 or later version.
Make sure Download the latest Windows Support software from Apple is selected, then
Select Continue

Screen Shot 2019-05-25 at 16.31.44.png
Make sure your external drive is selected, and select continue.

Can you confirm the name and type of the Broadcom wifi card you have installed.

After installing and rebooting with the attached config.plist can you provide another copy of your bootlog, so I can see what difference the changes made.

Attachments

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Hello edward

Both front and back USB 2.0 ports still do not work.

The disk utility also continues to crash, although it does mount to the desktop, it does not appear in the utility as you can see in the image.

As for the Intel board, I'll remove it, I had removed it, which I was told would be no problem for it to stick on the board.

Thanks for the tip to set up on windows, I'll do about the drivers.

Attachments

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
ah .. what I also noticed, is that after the pink lines, it got a little slower, a black screen appears for a few 10s and then loads.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have had a look at your USB SSDT and then realised we are still using the USB port limit patches for 10.14.5 in your config.plist. So I have disabled these patches in the attached config.

See if that makes a difference as to which ports work. The SSDT is only activating 15 ports, as expected. If you didn't create this SSDT for the USB ports you may find that the owner of the SSDT purposely left the USB 2 ports out of the SSDT, so he had more USB 3 ports active. If after you try the attached config.plist you still have the same issues with the USB 2 ports not working we may need to step back and have another look at the contents of the SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml and how it is effecting your system.

The pink lines may be my fault. I think the rename PEG0 to GFX0 patch has clashed with the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. I have removed the rename patch so PEG0 is available in the attached config.

Attachments

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Hello Edward

The ports do not work .. (usb 2.0) rear and front.
If I understand you have sent 1 or 2 files in the previous message?
Because I just received the config.plist.
On my first EFI upload, all the ports were working, would not it be some older file?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
The reason they were working is because you had the USB port Limit patches for 10.14.5 enabled and had USBInjectAll.kext in your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. If the SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml was doing its job the ports should work without these patches and this kext.

What I think this really means is that the SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml in your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder is not set correctly for your system.

I would recommend you do the following:
  1. Remove the SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V6.aml from your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  2. Add USBInjectAll.kext to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.
  3. I have activated the four USB port limit patches in the attached config.plist, copy it to your Clover folder.
Doing this will activate the two USB 2 ports.

However, it is not advised to use this method in the long term but rather you should create a custom USB SSDT or kext that works for your system. So the patches etc can be removed and the USB ports you need, maximum of 15 USB ports, will work in any future updates to macOS without the need to update the USB port limit patches.

You will need to identify the names of the ports you wish to use, by testing each port on your system with a USB 2 pen drive and then with a USB 3 pen drive (preferably both pen drives should be blank and just formatted so they are mounted by macOS).

Raine, one of the members on this site, has provided a fairly simple guide for people to map their USB ports, see post No 79 - https://hackintosher.com/forums/thr...-14-5-vanilla-hackintosh-deluxe.704/post-6103

If you follow the guide Raine wrote you should be able to create a customised USBMap.kext, that activates the USB ports you wish to use on your system.

Attachments

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Hello edward

Thank you very much for your patience and help in this process.
Now everything is working, I have removed the BT / Wifi Intel and also the USB ports are all working.
I will try to follow your advice and make the changes as indicated above, with information from Raine.

Thank you !!!!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You are welcome.

kronxito

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
Hello, although I opened this post:
https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/flashing-screen-when-starting.1272/

My hardware:
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB), DDR4, 3200 MHz, C16 (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16)
- CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz Eight-Core LGA 1151
- GPU: Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
- HDD:
1x Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe PCI-E M.2 512 GB
1x SanDisk SDSSDX240GG25 240 GB
1x SanDisk Ultra II 500GB
1x WDC WD20EZRX-00D8PB0 2 TB
1x WDC WD10EZRX-00A8LB0 1 TB
- Refrigeration: refrigeration: NZXT Kraken X62 (RL-KRX62-02)
- Wifi network card: Tp-link ARCHER T9E
- Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen
- Display units:
HP E232 CONNECTED BY DISPLAY PORT Nº1 A RADEON RX VEGA 64 8 GB
ASUS VG236 CONNECTED BY HDMI PORT Nº1 A RADEON RX VEGA 64 8 GB

I will leave my doubts here, since I see that the configuration of the hardware is similar and in the following link I leave my EFI folder, my BIOS configuration, the bootlog, so that @Edhawk can take a look, and tell me if something should change although I copied the configuration that was left in this post, to see if my problems were solved. And so that @Abdo can also take my usb.kext, with which to work all the usb ports.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y87kMe6ovq6tNBjd7Yje0P-JXGCgxDbP

Problems:
This is my 3 hakintosh and in none I managed to make it work
Imessage, or Facetime.

I paid this Youtuber and would do it again, supposedly expert in hackintosh and it did not work either, when before I had another hardware, and she told me that if I bought this motherboard and these components, you would not have problems, I do not work either, it will be possible someday:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg5TS2EmMutPd7Y1zqfQ3iA

I also followed his tutorial and nothing:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xn9CpRjkf4

The next problem is the one that I exposed in the other post, after following your advice, I did not see that it will be solved or I did not explain myself well, because what I want the beginning of my hackintosh is like an original mac as seen in this video:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3dK8ZunE8s

By the way, I want to thank you @Edhawk for your prompt response in the previous post, and the expere if there is any solution for what I propose.
As I have also @Abdo used "Google Translator" I am Spanish and my English is very limited.

Last edited:

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Hello Kronxito,

See, you took my EFI folder and put it correct?
Did you change the installation serial number?
Because if you are using the same number I believe that we are both going to have a problem, Edward can even clarify this, if someone uses the same serial number, could freezing occur?
Because today I had two freezes here.
As for this Youtuber, Teresa was the first I paid, but she is very limited and coarse, treated me badly etc. She only has recipe for cake ready, wants you to buy exactly what she has, then there will be no problem.
Just look at this forum that he started less than 1 year, and by the way she asked very typical questions of who is starting the business.
I think that's part of it, the problem is that there are a lot of people who are not aware of what they are doing, and when you change a piece everything can be changed and there the person does not have enough knowledge to solve.
Having a hackintosh is not a simple task requires great care and also be always aware of new drivers and updates.
As for the link that sent to download the USB, I could not get it, because it opens a page with photos and other files, please check the link.
Thanks for sharing, Edward is a dedicated person and I'm sure it will help you sort it out.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Kronxito, I couldn't see the EFI folder you are using in the link you provided. Can you check the link please.

I am happy to have a look at what you are using and make some suggestions on how to improve the folder's contents for your system.

Getting iMessage, iCloud etc. working on a Hack is relatively easy these days. You need to make sure you have the following:
  • A smbios that is a close match to your system components.
  • A serial number that is recognised by EveryMac Lookup as a Mac with the same smbios.
  • A serial Number that is NOT logged by Apple as belonging to an existing Mac.
  • The Board Serial Number from your smbios should be used to populate the MLB data in your config.plist.
  • A ROM generated by Clover Configurator that is based on your smbios.
  • A working Ethernet or WiFi internet connection.
With these steps completed both iMessage and iCloud should work. If you have been trying different methods and have made a mess of your iMessage or iCloud settings, it may be advisable to undertake a clean installation of macOS. Trying to fix any errors will be harder and less likely to succeed than spending an hour or two reinstalling macOS.

kronxito

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
I've already changed the link, now it's the right one. In the video is also the boot of my PC, which I think is exaggerated for the machine I have, screenshot of the error that gives me imessage and facetime. And many things, take a look. I also added the configuration I had before and what happened to Morgonaut, I do not know which will be better but I think this woman is not as good as she says.

Quiet, I put another serial @Abdo . I do not reach the level of @Edhawk, but with the problem of imesage I have.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I will check your EFI folder tomorrow.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
kronxito, I have downloaded all the files you provided, most of this is pretty good. I have made some changes to your EFI folder, some functional some cosmetic:
  1. I have added the following patched SSDT's to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder
    1. SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW
    2. SSDT-DTPG
    3. SSDT-XOSI
    4. SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4
  2. Removed the obsolete numbered OSX folders from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts folder, leaving just the Other folder.
  3. Added AppleALC.kext to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder
  4. I would question the correctness of your USBPorts.kext, as it has 18 USB ports active. This goes against the 15 port limit imposed by Apple.
  5. I have removed the unused clover themes, leaving just Beauty in the folder.
I have made the following changes to your config.plist:
  • Added the following DSDT/SSDT rename patches:
    • change EC0 to EC
    • change H_EC to EC
    • change PEGP to GFX0
  • Added Plugin Type=True and PluginType=1
  • Added ACPI tweaks AutoMerge, FixHeaders and Halt Enabler
  • Added - Add ClockID=True
  • Changed Device > Properties > AAPC,ig-platform-id= 0300923E to 0300983E
  • Added mouse properties
  • Changed screen resolution to 1920x1080 to match the Beauty theme size
  • Added a couple of Hide Volume names
  • Added RadeonDeInit=true for your RX Vega 64
  • Updated your MLB code to match your smbios Board Serial Number
  • Generated a ROM code, based on your SMbios
  • Checked your SMBios Serial number with EveryMac and Apple Support, it passed both.
I have attached a CLOVER folder for you to try. Let me know if it deals with the graphic glitches (Pink Lines) that appear during the macOS boot process.

Attachments

Latest posts