kronxito

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
OK, that was a fail as well. Neither the ROM or MLB are showing. Your Serial number, SmUUID and board-id are all showing.

I don't know why these two terminal scripts don't work on your system. I have just confirmed they both work perfectly well on mine.

Can you post a copy of your current Bootlog please I want to check something again.
Right now I pass it to you, there is no problem. In order to solve this enigma.

Attachments

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
I am a newbie in using hackintosh. I am running Z390 Designare + intel 9900k + Radeon vii + mojave 10.14.5. My main problem is the 2 built in thunderbolt 3 ports not working under mojave 10.14.5. However, thunderbolt is working fully under windows 10 when I plug in Samsung X5 SSD or Akitio thunderbolt 3 quad mini. On the other hand, it is accidentally found that everytime after I reboot from windows 10 (with Samsung X5 ssd or Akitio quad mini plugged) to mojave 10.14.5, the thunderbolt function appears under mojave 10.14.5.

Would Edhawk or someone please help me with this? Thanks

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
First thing to do is to upgrade the Thunderbolt card's firmware in Windows, this is often an essential part of getting a Thunderbolt card working in macOS.

Second thing - Do you have the Z390_Designare thunderbolt and other SSDT's installed to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

I have attached a copy of the SSDT's from Abdo's /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder for you to try/use.

The only that definitely won't work with your system is the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml, as you have a Radeon VII dGPU.

You may have your own custom SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390.aml too. If that is the case, you can dispose of these two SSDT's.

If you read the posts prior to your own, you would see that not all supposedly identical systems are equal. There are differences that can arise between supposedly identical motherboards and thunderbolt cards and especially how they interact with macOS.

See if using the SSDT's after updating the card's firmware helps.

Attachments

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
First thing to do is to upgrade the Thunderbolt card's firmware in Windows, this is often an essential part of getting a Thunderbolt card working in macOS.

Second thing - Do you have the Z390_Designare thunderbolt and other SSDT's installed to your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder?

I have attached a copy of the SSDT's from Abdo's /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder for you to try/use.

The only that definitely won't work with your system is the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml, as you have a Radeon VII dGPU.

You may have your own custom SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390.aml too. If that is the case, you can dispose of these two SSDT's.

If you read the posts prior to your own, you would see that not all supposedly identical systems are equal. There are differences that can arise between supposedly identical motherboards and thunderbolt cards and especially how they interact with macOS.

See if using the SSDT's after updating the card's firmware helps.
Thanks a lot. I will try

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
Thanks a lot. I will try
Hi Edhawk:

have updated thunderbolt driver from Gigabyte and installed other SSDT to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Thunderbolt 3 still not working under Mojave 10.14.5.

Please see attached EFI (file too large not accepted and use clover instead) + bootlog + IO registry. Appreciate your review and advice.
Thanks

Attachments

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Your bootlog is very good, quickest I have seen, as it completes in under 3 seconds.

There are a few additional DSDT patches that may help your system act more like an Apple system. I will add them to your config.plist and attach a revised config below for you to try.

You have an Intel Wireless card installed, this will never work with macOS and should be replaced with a Broadcom WiFi/BT card, in one of the PCI-e slots, not the CNVW port. The USB port attached to the CNVW port has been disabled (port HS14) in the SSDT-UIAC.

Your IOReg again looks ok, I could see some minor differences between your Thunderbolt settings and Abdo's, when comparing them side by side, (I still have a copy of Abdo's IOReg) but nothing that I think would prevent the card from working under macOS. Just minor Reg settings that are different.

Most of your USB ports are working and showing in the IOReg in line with the SSDT-UIAC in your/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. There are two ports that are not showing in the IOReg, HS03 (rear I/O plate top USB3.1 red ports) and HS11(internal USB2 motherboard header). HS03 is set as a USB3 port this is correct even though it is the USB2 side of the port that is not showing. HS11 was set as USB3 port when it should have been set as 'Internal' (255) along with HS12. I have changed the port designations as necessary and attached a revised SSDT-UIAC for you to try.

I don't thing you need the EFICheckDisabler.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Otehr folder. None of the other members with this same motherboard needed this kext.

Could be the same for the NoVPAJpeg.kext. Not sure it is required in 10.14.5 or 6.

I have just found the main reason the Two USB ports weren't showing. You have a USBPorts.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which omits these two ports. You can either use the SSDT-UIAC or the USBPorts.kext, but not both at the same time, especially if they are activating different ports. May be best to delete the USBPorts.kext at this time.

While not coming up with a solution to your Thunderbolt issues I hope the revised SSDT and config.plist help.

Attachments

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
Your bootlog is very good, quickest I have seen, as it completes in under 3 seconds.

There are a few additional DSDT patches that may help your system act more like an Apple system. I will add them to your config.plist and attach a revised config below for you to try.

You have an Intel Wireless card installed, this will never work with macOS and should be replaced with a Broadcom WiFi/BT card, in one of the PCI-e slots, not the CNVW port. The USB port attached to the CNVW port has been disabled (port HS14) in the SSDT-UIAC.

Your IOReg again looks ok, I could see some minor differences between your Thunderbolt settings and Abdo's, when comparing them side by side, (I still have a copy of Abdo's IOReg) but nothing that I think would prevent the card from working under macOS. Just minor Reg settings that are different.

Most of your USB ports are working and showing in the IOReg in line with the SSDT-UIAC in your/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. There are two ports that are not showing in the IOReg, HS03 (rear I/O plate top USB3.1 red ports) and HS11(internal USB2 motherboard header). HS03 is set as a USB3 port this is correct even though it is the USB2 side of the port that is not showing. HS11 was set as USB3 port when it should have been set as 'Internal' (255) along with HS12. I have changed the port designations as necessary and attached a revised SSDT-UIAC for you to try.

I don't thing you need the EFICheckDisabler.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Otehr folder. None of the other members with this same motherboard needed this kext.

Could be the same for the NoVPAJpeg.kext. Not sure it is required in 10.14.5 or 6.

I have just found the main reason the Two USB ports weren't showing. You have a USBPorts.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which omits these two ports. You can either use the SSDT-UIAC or the USBPorts.kext, but not both at the same time, especially if they are activating different ports. May be best to delete the USBPorts.kext at this time.

While not coming up with a solution to your Thunderbolt issues I hope the revised SSDT and config.plist help.

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
Hi Edhawk:

Thank for your quick feedback. Will try your suggestion

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
Hi Edhawk:

Regarding my thunderbolt issue, this is my observation as:

1. under mojave 10.14.5, thunderbolt is not working but usb-c device can be connected and work properly to the 2 built in thunderbolt 3 ports. It seems that the ports have only usb-c but no thunderbolt 3 functions.

2. thunderbolt is working under mojave 10.14.5 if I restart from windows 10 (thunderbolt device such as Samsung X5 ssd or Akitio thunderbolt 3 quad mini are plugged)

3. Attached 2 sets of system report PCI section relating to thunderbolt ports with different results (one set with 2 thunderbolt devices recognised after restarting from windows 10 and another set without nothing recognised)

4. also attached new bootlog and new IORregistry after restart from windows 10

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.47.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.51 AM.png
Appreciate your kind review and advice. Thanks
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.47.41 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.51 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.38 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.21 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.48.00 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 6.47.41 AM.png

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
That's a lot of information to review, I will get back to you later this evening with any observations/recommendations/changes I feel you need to take.

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
That's a lot of information to review, I will get back to you later this evening with any observations/recommendations/changes I feel you need to take.

Hi Edhawk:

Just to let you know my Mojave 10.14.5 and windows 10 are installed on separate SSD. Any implication when Mojave can show thunderbolt device after restart directly from windows 10 (with thunderbolt device attached to system) to Mojave?

Thank you

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Sorry not had a chance to review the information as yet. Will get back to you later today.

There should be no impact or implications from having two separate SSD's. The two OS's are completely separate and shouldn't impact on each other, as only one can be running at any given time.

Saying that if you restart the system, some of the information that Windows uses could still be held in the memory and that could be used by macOS when activating the Thunderbolt card.

I suppose this is one of the reasons why it is so essential that you update the firmware for the Thunderbolt card in Windows, before using it in macOS.

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
Sorry not had a chance to review the information as yet. Will get back to you later today.

There should be no impact or implications from having two separate SSD's. The two OS's are completely separate and shouldn't impact on each other, as only one can be running at any given time.

Saying that if you restart the system, some of the information that Windows uses could still be held in the memory and that could be used by macOS when activating the Thunderbolt card.

I suppose this is one of the reasons why it is so essential that you update the firmware for the Thunderbolt card in Windows, before using it in macOS.
I think I have already updated the latestg firmware for thunderbolt card as there is only one thunderbolt driver available on Z390 Designare support website

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes, as it may include a new firmware as well as an update to the Windows drivers.

wong

macOS
Mobo
z390 designare
CPU
GPU
Radeon vii
Yes, as it may include a new firmware as well as an update to the Windows drivers.
Try to install and update the new thunderbolt driver several times but not successful even after remove old driver.

macOS
Mobo
GA-B150M-D3H DDR3
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-6500
GPU
POWERCOLOR RX 480

Attachments