EFI - Check

Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9900k
GPU
radeon vii
Ok Ed I set my bios and loaded the new clover file you posted, things were looking good, clover looked great I had the apple logo/loading bar, loads half way then I get kicked to the screen below 1st image , I don't know why is so small? It says mac OS utilities. My boot sequence keeps setting my ssd as 1 USB 2 even after I change it.

*Notes on bios settings
Virtualization- not finding
Io serial port-not finding
Internal graphics is disabled I assume that's different from integrated graphics?

Also Hardware not mentioned previously

ssd 970 pro m.2 it's listed in nvme config
Fenvi wireless card

*Update just made major progress will post when I get out of work!

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Good to see you have Catalina up and running.

Make sure you make a backup/Clone of your macOS drive so when things go wrong, not if things go wrong, you can easily install the Cloned drive and reboot to your system. I use Carbon Copy Cloner for this task and the latest version 5 release works with Catalina.

Do not forget to Clone your drive!

Thanks for the donation.

Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9900k
GPU
radeon vii
Cloning now thanks again. How do we boot from internal ssd without having to use the USB?

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You need to install Clover to the SSD. Then replace the CLOVER folder created by the Clover install with the one from your USB drive.

Clover will automatically mount the EFI partition on the SSD as part of the installtion process. You will need to use Clover Configurator or another app to mount the EFI partition on the USB, unless you have a copy of the CLOVER folder to hand on your Desktop and can do a straight drag and drop replacement.

Once this is done you should be able to boot directly from the SSD. As long as the SSD's UEFI partition is selected as the priority boot drive in your Bios.

yapi yapo

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte z390 designare
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
igpu
Hello ¡¡¡i purchased this MB and i not capable to install....i have igpu 8700k..when i install with usb i have error can you help me please? the efi file of 1st post is correct for me?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
No, You need to make sure that the CLOVER folder is from a system that is the same as your system. You have a Z370 Motherboard and an i7-8700, the posts here are about Z390 Designare motherboards with i9 CPU's.

yapi yapo

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte z390 designare
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
igpu
No, You need to make sure that the CLOVER folder is from a system that is the same as your system. You have a Z370 Motherboard and an i7-8700, the posts here are about Z390 Designare motherboards with i9 CPU's.
no,i purchased this mobo z390 designare and i have i7 8700k and igpu...i created a usb installer and dont work correctly...i paste your config.plist(config-Z390-Intel-Graphics.plist_)and dont work,....any solution??
thx

Last edited:

yapi yapo

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte z390 designare
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
igpu
i look the dev ids for 8700k is 923e0000
i cheked ig platforms id : 0300923e - 0300913e - 0300983e in config.plist....and dont work same problem 14mg igpu
maybe reinstall all??i dont know....maybe smbios??my smbios is macpro1.1

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Try the CLOVER folder attached. It has been tweaked for your i7-8700k CPU, and lack of a discrete GPU etc.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Sorry, you have what? You need to be a bit clearer with your explanation otherwise I won't know what is happening.
  1. Did the system boot with the CLOVER folder I provided?
  2. If not at what point did it stop, take a picture and attach it to a post here.
  3. If it did boot to the desktop. Provide a copy of your Bootlog and your IOReg, so I can see what is happening and make any necessary changes to the config or CLOVER folder.
This is not a quick or simple matter. Using a working CLOVER folder is only the start of the process, it takes time and effort to sort out any issues.

I need you to be as concise and forthcoming as you can when you test folders or files I provide. Saying it doesn't work or it is the same, tells me nothing useful.

yapi yapo

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte z390 designare
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
igpu
Sorry, you have what? You need to be a bit clearer with your explanation otherwise I won't know what is happening.
  1. Did the system boot with the CLOVER folder I provided?
  2. If not at what point did it stop, take a picture and attach it to a post here.
  3. If it did boot to the desktop. Provide a copy of your Bootlog and your IOReg, so I can see what is happening and make any necessary changes to the config or CLOVER folder.
This is not a quick or simple matter. Using a working CLOVER folder is only the start of the process, it takes time and effort to sort out any issues.

I need you to be as concise and forthcoming as you can when you test folders or files I provide. Saying it doesn't work or it is the same, tells me nothing useful.
i am sorry..I will try to explain..
I've erased everything to start over,i created a usb installer with this EFI folder and when i install i have a black screen...What could I do? I appreciate your patience......

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Boot in Verbose Mode, i.e. add the -v boot argument and take a picture of the screen where the system stops, i.e. before the screen turns black.

Provide a copy of the photo you took, so I can see what caused the Kernel Panic.

yapi yapo

macOS
Mobo
gigabyte z390 designare
CPU
i7 8700k
GPU
igpu
Boot in Verbose Mode, i.e. add the -v boot argument and take a picture of the screen where the system stops, i.e. before the screen turns black.

Provide a copy of the photo you took, so I can see what caused the Kernel Panic.
Hello i send you¡

image host

Latest posts