kronxito

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
Ok, Please provide a copy of your EFI/CLOVER folder, the one used on your macOS boot drive not the USB.

Can you also provide a copy of your Bootlog, obtained from Hackintool or Clover Configurator.

Plus a copy of you IOReg file, obtained with IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

With these I will be able to see what exactly is happening with your system when you boot, and when you are running macOS.
Here they are.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U90-HmDy1SrManE3W72uTBnK6DA_hx2k

If you can generate me another correct smbios and RT correct variables, for iMessage, to see if I can make this work. The truth is that I do not know what can happen to me with this, since I have had three motherboards, including this one, and in none I have been able to make it work. And it's more of a challenge, than the use I'm going to give it. I do not think Apple is blocking me when I have used different ID apple, mac adress, etc ... and a thousand things.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Ok, I have downloaded the files and will have a look at them.

Yes, I can generate a new SMBIOS/serial number for the Z390 Designare board.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I've had a quick look at your Bootlog file and IOReg and have found the following:
  1. You have two WiFi cards installed in your system: the original Intel wifi/BT card and a macOS compatible Broadcom wifi/BT card.
  2. Both USB2 ports HS09 & HS10 are missing from your IOReg.
  3. You have 14 ports active HS01, HS03, HS04, HS05, HS06, HS07, HS08, HS13, SS01, SS03, SS04, SS05, SS06 & SS07.
  4. If you used the SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390.aml that I created you should have the following ports active: HS03, HS04, HS05, HS06, HS07, HS09, HS10, HS11, HS12, SS01, SS03, SS04, SS05, SS06 & SS07.
  5. The two USB 3.1 ports adjacent to the two Red USB 3.1 ports on the rear I/O plate are controlled by the Thunderbolt connector (XHC5) as SP01 & SP02, these do not affect the 15 port limit for the other UB ports.
I would recommend you remove the Intel card, so it doesn't clash with the Boardcom card.

I would recommend you delete the SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390 you have in your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder and replace it with the one attached to this post.

I will have a look at your EFI folder and get back to you shortly.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I've had a look at your CLOVER folder and need to apologise. You already have the SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390.aml I created in your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I have added USBInjectAll.kext to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, to see if this makes any difference to the USB ports that are activated.

I have made a couple of minor amendments to your config.plist, as follows:
  1. Deleted change EC0 to EC, as it is not used by your system when booting.
  2. Added Hide Volume name 'Windows'
  3. Added Inject Intel=true
  4. Added ig-platform-id= 0x3E980003
  5. Changed your MLB and ROM codes to match new iMacPro SMBIOS
  6. Changed the SMBIOS, checked new serial number with EveryMac and Apple Support.
Try this revised config and USBInjectAll.kext. Your previous config has been renamed config_old.plist, so it is not used when you boot with this folder in place of your previous CLOVER folder.

Specifically for iMessage you need to have your Ethernet port set as en0 and your Broadcom WiFi set as en1, the other Ethernet port and BT can be en2 and en3 or any other number. So for iMessage to work you need to make sure you have the First Ethernet port and WiFi set as en0 and en1 respectively.

To ensure you set these ports correctly, I suggest you do the following:
  • Open /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete 'NetworkInterfaces.plist'
  • Open System Preferences and delete your existing network ports, one at a time and then click apply, if you are asked if you want the port to reappear when it is next connected say yes, for all bar the Intel wifi card.
  • Reboot your system. The NetworkInterfaces.plist will have been replaced automatically.
  • Open System Preferences and check that the Ethernet and WiFi ports are named en0 and en1.
  • Then, and only then, should you try to connect to the iMessage server.
Hope this helps.

Attachments

kronxito

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i9-9900K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega64 8G HBM2
I've had a look at your CLOVER folder and need to apologise. You already have the SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390.aml I created in your /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.

I have added USBInjectAll.kext to your /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, to see if this makes any difference to the USB ports that are activated.

I have made a couple of minor amendments to your config.plist, as follows:
  1. Deleted change EC0 to EC, as it is not used by your system when booting.
  2. Added Hide Volume name 'Windows'
  3. Added Inject Intel=true
  4. Added ig-platform-id= 0x3E980003
  5. Changed your MLB and ROM codes to match new iMacPro SMBIOS
  6. Changed the SMBIOS, checked new serial number with EveryMac and Apple Support.
Try this revised config and USBInjectAll.kext. Your previous config has been renamed config_old.plist, so it is not used when you boot with this folder in place of your previous CLOVER folder.

Specifically for iMessage you need to have your Ethernet port set as en0 and your Broadcom WiFi set as en1, the other Ethernet port and BT can be en2 and en3 or any other number. So for iMessage to work you need to make sure you have the First Ethernet port and WiFi set as en0 and en1 respectively.

To ensure you set these ports correctly, I suggest you do the following:
  • Open /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and delete 'NetworkInterfaces.plist'
  • Open System Preferences and delete your existing network ports, one at a time and then click apply, if you are asked if you want the port to reappear when it is next connected say yes, for all bar the Intel wifi card.
  • Reboot your system. The NetworkInterfaces.plist will have been replaced automatically.
  • Open System Preferences and check that the Ethernet and WiFi ports are named en0 and en1.
  • Then, and only then, should you try to connect to the iMessage server.
Hope this helps.
In the previous posts, when you told me to do this:

"I would recommend you remove the Intel card, so it does not clash with the Boardcom card."

You referred to it removed from the motherboard, bone physically. Because if you mean this, I do not understand why we disable 'ssdt-uiac' custom, in which we disable it.

On the other hand, I have already tried the last configuration that you passed me. I notice that the fans of my Radeon Vega 64 work longer at high revolutions and I already work the two USB 2.0 rear ports. But then I do not understand why I need a custom ssdt-uiac.

And to finish by much I delete the file 'NetworkInterfaces.plist' and follow the steps you tell me, I can not change the numbering of network ports.

On the other hand, is it good to have two network cards activated? If it is not a good option, how can I deactivate one of them?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
The clash between cards can occur when the OS is booting or when it is running.

I have a friend who kept their Intel wifi/BT card installed when hacking their PC. They wondered why the Bluetooth had issues. Turned out the Intel BT clashed with the Broadcom BT.

Yes, I meant for you to physically remove the Intel wifi/BT card from the motherboard.

Deleting the NetworkInterfaces.plist is an old trick to get macOS to give the network connections the anticipated names, i.e. Ethernet port should be en0 with the Built-in designation, WiFI card should be en1, any other network ports doesn't matter what they are named. iMessage and iCloud look for en0 and en1 and expect them to be Ethernet and WiFi respectively.

It doesn't hurt to have the two Ethernet ports active, as long as one of the two connected is named en0.

There are fixes available to remedy the Vega power and fan issues. You need to have a read of this thread over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...vega-power-and-fan-control-properties.267519/. However these power and fan issues were supposed to be fixed with the AMD drivers provided with Mojave 10.14.5!

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte - Z390 - Designare
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Has anyone seen this video of Teresa?

she speaking of a Bios F6_N, such bios does not exist.

which she is now working on, because last week she posted a video about running all win and mac systems, which would not be virtual mode at the same time, but it looks like the thing has cooled ..

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QMjY62gBe0

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Hello Edward.

I attach Clover folder my friend.

Thanks

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
I've had a quick look at the contents of the CLOVER folder and the config.plist and there is nothing Thunderbolt related that would cause this issue, other than the SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml in /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. The only other thing I noticed that was different from your CLOVER folder, was the presence of USBInjectAll.kext in the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Can you provide a copy of the IOReg from your friends machine. I need to see if the Thunderbolt card is recognised, and if it is, how it is identified by macOS. If it is not identified as the SSDT is expecting (_SB_.PCI0.RP05.PXSX) it will not be activated when the system boots. So we would need to either rename the device to match the SSDT or change the SSDT to match the ID that macOS is expecting.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
@ Iglostart, You need to use an application called IORegistyExplorer V2.1, which I have attached below. When you download the application move it from your Download's folder to the Applications Folder, Copy & Paste is fine.

You will need to right-click on the application icon and select Open, you will then need to confirm that you want to open the app. Once IORegistryExplorer is open go to the file drop down menu and select 'save a copy as...' save this to your desktop so it is easy to find. Then compress the file that is generated (right-click on the file and select Compress from the list of actions available). You can then attach it to a post here.

The PDF above is not what I need to see.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Here are three other apps that you may find helpful.

Just copy and paste them from the downloads folder to your application folder same as instructed above for IORegistryExplorer.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
OK, the IOReg shows the Thunderbolt is set the same in your system as it is in Abdo's.

I have just compared both your IOReg's side by side and while there are some minor differences, this is to be expected as you do not have completely identical components installed, i.e. SSD's/ NVME's/hard drives connected differently, WiFI/BT module not in the same port.

However I can not see any reason why your Thunderbolt card is not working.

Can you post a copy of your Boot log.txt, which can be obtained from DCPIManger, which I attached in post No 134 or from Clover Configurator. This may show if anything is blocking the SSDT from loading when the system boots.

Can you also try this config.plist, all that is different is that I have added an ACPI fix - 'AutoMerge=true' to the config, to see if this helps the SSDT to load. Just remember to rename the file to config.plist before you place it in your CLOVER folder.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Your boot Log looks very good, for such an early stage in the build. There are a few minor, very minor changes that could be made to your config.plist but nothing that is urgent or would interfere with the Thunderbolt card working.

The SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml is inserted and loaded successfully, as are the other SSDT's in your /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. Below is an extract from your Bootlog, showing the successful insertion of the SSDT's, first one being the Thunderbolt SSDT.

5:050 0:000 === [ ACPIPatchedAML ] ====================================
5:050 0:000 Unsorted
5:050 0:000 Inserting SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=6245 ... Success
5:051 0:000 Inserting SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-RX580-V2.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=1223 ... Success
5:051 0:000 Inserting SSDT-UIAC-Designare-Z390.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=697 ... Success
5:051 0:000 Inserting SSDT-DTPG.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=100 ... Success
5:051 0:000 Inserting SSDT-XOSI.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=162 ... Success
5:051 0:000 Inserting SSDT-DESIGNARE-Z390-NO-CNVW.aml from EFI\CLOVER\ACPI\patched: size=129 ... Success

Have you tried the Thunderbolt card in Windows? To see if it needs a firmware update. This used to be a common issue with Thunderbolt cards in the past.

iglostart

macOS
Mobo
Designare Z93
CPU
i9
GPU
Red Devil 580
I haven't tried the Thunderbolt card in Windows. Is this something I should try?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Geforce GTX 980TI
Yes, if you have Windows installed on another drive.

In the past the only way to get a Thunderbolt card to work in macOS was to first run it in Windows and to update the cards firmware. Your card could have an older firmware, that can only be updated via Windows.

There is no mechanism for doing this firmware update in macOS.

Abdo

macOS
Mobo
CPU
i9900k
GPU
Shaphire - 580RX
Edward,

His thunderbolt is onboard on the Z390, it's just like mine.

Latest posts