Enabling Third Party Broadcom WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n WIFI + Bluetooth Cards on a Hackintosh BCM94352Z, BCM94322

deez nutz

macOS
Mobo
GA-H270N-Wifi
CPU
i7-7700k
GPU
Gigabyte RX 560 4gb
Looks like force touch is working but there are no settings for it. Is it normal? I never had a Mac before but I checked on Apple's site and there are some settings on the screenshot.
i would ask that question on the hardware section and not on this thread. You might get more audience that way.

chinotto

macOS
Mobo
GB z370n
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Intel
Thanks deez nutz, solved the issue by upgrading to Mojave. Originally, I thought it has smth to do with Bluetooth but it turned out to be a software issue.

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
I've tried following the original post and can only succeed with getting wi-fi going (no bluetooth). I looked at the system report and it shows BCM43xx. (pic attached). I disassembled my case as I remember buying a DW1560 which is what the sticker says. (pic attached). Is this card the real deal? I'm thrown for a loop by this.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WIFI (BCM94352Z / 04X6020)
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-8400
GPU
Sapphire Pulse RX570 ITX
I've tried following the original post and can only succeed with getting wi-fi going (no bluetooth). I looked at the system report and it shows BCM43xx. (pic attached). I disassembled my case as I remember buying a DW1560 which is what the sticker says. (pic attached). Is this card the real deal? I'm thrown for a loop by this.
Confirm with other OS (Ubuntu 18.04 or Win10 etc) that your hardware is working flawless. After that you can specifically inject the right kernel. Although I have the BMC94352Z for me no user interaction was needed to install drivers for the card on either OS.
In the other OS you can also confirm what card you actually were sent.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@pxlla,

What kexts and config.plist patches have you installed to your hack to get the bluetooth module working?

Can you provide a list of the kexts and patches, confirming the location the kexts/patches were installed and how they were installed, i.e. which app you used or were they copied and pasted to their current locations.

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
@pxlla,

What kexts and config.plist patches have you installed to your hack to get the bluetooth module working?

Can you provide a list of the kexts and patches, confirming the location the kexts/patches were installed and how they were installed, i.e. which app you used or were they copied and pasted to their current locations.
Hi Edhawk, sorry for the belated reply, I finally got around to installing Windows and confirming that I have a DW1560 card that was detected and that Bluetooth was working.

Here's two screenshots showing my kexts/other folder and also my library extensions folder. I used copy/paste to get these items in their place. Thanks for any troubleshooting feedback you can provide!

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Copy and paste works fine for moving items to and from the EFI/Clover folder or any sub folder therein.

For installing kexts to /Library/Extensions you need to use an app or the correct Terminal commands. An app such as KextBeast (can be downloaded from Tonymacx86, if you are a member of that site). It offers a choice to install any kexts on your desktop to /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions.

It is very important that you then repair permissions and rebuild the kernel cache using an app such as Kext Utility, which can be obtained from this site - http://cvad-mac.narod.ru/index/0-4

Copy and pasting kexts to either /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions without repairing permissions or rebuilding the kernel cache is very dangerous, as it is likely to cause a kernels panic when you next boot.

Rather than a screenshot of the kext folder can you post a copy of your EFI folder. FYI, you have a number of unnecessary kexts in your /Kexts/other folder, I would like to check the drivers64UEFI folder and your config.plist to see if they need any tweaks.

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
I downloaded KextBeast and used it to move files as outlined in Hackintosher’s original post. Afterwards, I used Kext Utility and restarted my system. Bluetooth is still a no go, but I’ll keep trying! I didn’t attach my EFI folder because it weighs in at 58.4MBs. Yikes.

I’ve attached copies of my config.plist and drivers64UEFI and kexts/other folders. Fingers crossed and many thanks for your help.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your Apple folder weighs in at 24.1mb and the Microsoft folder weighs in at 24.9mb. There is your extra weight!

My Apple folder is similar to your's but I don't have the Microsoft folder. I dual boot Windows 10 and High Sierra on two separate SSD's.

I will have a look at your config and the folders you attached.

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
Quick question, I too am booting OS X on an m.2 and Windows on a separate SSD as well. Should I 'not have' a Windows folder as well? Just curious...

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
@pxlla,

No you don't need the Windows folder. I have never needed one in all the years I have been dual booting. As long as the Windows SSD is GUID partition with EFI folder and visible in clover you don't need any other files, drivers or folders to dual boot.

Here is a screenshot showing the tree for my hack's EFI folder:

Screen Shot 2018-08-06 at 19.35.06.png

I have one hack that the default drive is macOS High Sierra, another that sits beside it where Windows 10 is the default drive. Both boot with Clover and the Windows and macOS icons show at the boot screen. So I can select an alternative disk to boot or leave it run the 3 or 5 second timeout set in clover and the hacks will boot the default OS.

Nothing else required for a dual boot system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have made some amendments to your config.plist and both the kexts/Other and drivers64UEFI folders. I have attached the revised file and folders.

I edited your EFI folder tree, marked with red line all items that I have removed from the two folders you posted or that you need to remove from the others.

EFI-screenshot.png

I have tweaked your config.plist, most obvious change is that I changed the SMBIOS to match your CPU. I checked the new SN with EveryMac and Apple Support so it should be fine for iMessage and iCloud.

With regards the drivers64UEFI and kexts/Other folders, do the following:
  • Replace the drivers64UEFI folder in your EFI folder with the one I have attached.
  • Replace the kexts folder in your EFI folder with the one I attached, you don't need the numbered OSX folders.
With regards your wifi/BT I have included the latest versions of Lilu.kext and AirportBrcmFixup.kext with a Fake ID for your wifi card. The fake id has been placed on the Devices tab in the attached config.plist.

As part of the BT setup you need to install the two kexts placed in the additional folder (Install to SLE), these kexts need to be installed to /System/Library/Extensions not EFI/Clover/kexts/Other and never in both locations. Use Kext Utility to install these two kexts.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
Hi Edhawk — I made all the changes that you suggested but alas there’s still no success with bluetooth, which is odd because I checked this card in windows and it did find a device and paired it successfully.

I’ve attached my EFI folder, I deleted the Apple folder in order to save some space on the upload. Another issue is that my screen is now flickering a bit. I’m holding off on installing my GPU as I was hoping to get my install working with the integrated graphics first. Lastly, I can’t thank you enough for taking a thorough look at my configuration, it’s humbly appreciated.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I’m away from my computer, I’ll have a look at you 3FI folder tomorrow.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Your DW1560 is it a BCM94352Z NGFF m.2 card?

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
Yes, at least that's what the description says on the eBay item that I bought. Here's a picture that I took before I installed it into my new machine. (Though I don't know if it provides much info.)

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
OK, I am out all day today, but I now know which patches we need to apply to get your card working.

pxlla

macOS
Mobo
CPU
Intel 8700k
GPU
MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC
Fantastic, thanks Edhawk!

vikas027

macOS
CPU
i7-8700K 3.7 GHz
I bought a cheap wifi+bluetooth here.

It works OOB in 13.3.3, 100% functional including Handoff, Airdrop, etc.
On windows 10 also working but needs drivers.
Hello Guys,

I am a newbie here. Can someone pls confirm whether the same WiFi+Bluetooth card will work on a "Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5" mobo?

Latest posts