Enabling Third Party Broadcom WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n WIFI + Bluetooth Cards on a Hackintosh BCM94352Z, BCM94322

jb_uk

macOS
Mobo
ASUS MAX. X HERO (WI-FI)
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Second reason was trying to help you out.
Appreciate that, cheers!

I was under the impression that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is required for BCM94352Z cards to work, but my setup definitely doesn't load it and Bluetooth / Wi-Fi works all the same.

Perhaps the fact this kext is not loading is why the hard reboots are happening when I try and run Wireless Diagnostics. I guess I'll do some more digging.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
K
Appreciate that, cheers!

I was under the impression that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is required for BCM94352Z cards to work, but my setup definitely doesn't load it and Bluetooth / Wi-Fi works all the same.

Perhaps the fact this kext is not loading is why the hard reboots are happening when I try and run Wireless Diagnostics. I guess I'll do some more digging.
Hackintosh Kexts devs always recommend to install to S/L/E then repair permissions and restart the system.
It still sounds normal that Clover fails sometimes to load Kexts.
Or, within Clover you can try to change change the load kexts to Yes or Force (i don’t remember because im not on my Hacki now)

Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Sapphire PULSE RX 580
Thanks to all for helping with the Bluetooth issue. I was also finding no devices even though bluetooth icon was there once I added the S/L/E.

After spending couple of hours, I decided to do a clean install of Mojave and follow the steps mentioned throughout this thread. Boom, it worked like a charm, bluetooth is detecting all devices.

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
S/L/E using Kext Wizard (install kext, repair permissions and refresh kext)
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

macOS
Mobo
Ausus Hero Maximus X
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
RX 580
Great tutorial! Unfortunately nothing happened on my build - neither the Wifi nor the BT show up in the system profiler. I added the kexts to the Clover, and also to the system, as recommended. Can there be anything I'm missing - or would I jump to the conclusion that it's a faulty card? I used the Levono, by the way, swapping it with the one that came with the motherboard. Thanks so much!

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Ausus Hero Maximus X
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
RX 580
Sorry, never mind... checked all the files, one was missing for some reason. Works now. Thank you!!!

Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Sapphire PULSE RX 580
Great to learn you got it to work.

I am actually going to change the wifi card to an apple card. I want a dual boot setup with Mac and Windows and I want to use my space grey magic keyboard to switch between the two at boot (clover)- I also want to avoid inserting unnecessary kext, when I dont have to.

Sorry, never mind... checked all the files, one was missing for some reason. Works now. Thank you!!!

macOS
Mobo
Ausus Hero Maximus X
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
RX 580
Great to learn you got it to work.

I am actually going to change the wifi card to an apple card. I want a dual boot setup with Mac and Windows and I want to use my space grey magic keyboard to switch between the two at boot (clover)- I also want to avoid inserting unnecessary kext, when I dont have to.
May I ask what card that could be from Apple? And would it fit in the Asus Hero Maximus board, just like the Levono did?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
Just wanted to mention that the old method is working again, I have all files in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Wifi/Bluetooth are working.

j4v3l

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CE
CPU
Intel i9-9900K
GPU
XFX Vega 64 Founders Edition
So my motherboard has the wireless-ac-9560 I was wondering if the BCM94352Z would work or the CNvi would affect it. Or I can use the Bcm94360cs with an adapter?

macOS
Mobo
z370i
CPU
i5-8400k
GPU
ASUS GTX 1060 3GB OC
Hi guys!

I have 10.13.6, MSI Z370i gaming pro carbon ac.

Bought the Lenovo BCM94352Z 04x6020 and used the patch from the first post (got to use the use 2º method because BT wasn't working)

Now BT + WIFI works but doesn't work any continuity feature (Handoff, airdrop, etc)

Any ideas? I feel like I wasted my money :(

macOS
Mobo
Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
I9-9900k
GPU
Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil
Hello,

I just did a build based off of your ASUS Rog Maximus Hero build. My build consists of:

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
Intel I9-9900k
PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX Vega 64
32 GB Ram G.SKILL TridenZ RGB Series (4X8) (PC4 25600)
Samsung 970 EVO 1T NVMe SSD

and I followed your guide and purchased the same wifi card that you recommended. I have bluetooth working, but cannot get wifi working no matter what I tried. It doesn't see any wifi hardware installed at all. I downloaded all the kexts recommended here as well. Any suggestions on how to get it working?

Latest posts