Enabling Third Party Broadcom WLAN 802.11a/b/g/n WIFI + Bluetooth Cards on a Hackintosh BCM94352Z, BCM94322

jb_uk

macOS
Mobo
ASUS MAX. X HERO (WI-FI)
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3
Second reason was trying to help you out.
Appreciate that, cheers!

I was under the impression that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is required for BCM94352Z cards to work, but my setup definitely doesn't load it and Bluetooth / Wi-Fi works all the same.

Perhaps the fact this kext is not loading is why the hard reboots are happening when I try and run Wireless Diagnostics. I guess I'll do some more digging.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
K
Appreciate that, cheers!

I was under the impression that FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext is required for BCM94352Z cards to work, but my setup definitely doesn't load it and Bluetooth / Wi-Fi works all the same.

Perhaps the fact this kext is not loading is why the hard reboots are happening when I try and run Wireless Diagnostics. I guess I'll do some more digging.
Hackintosh Kexts devs always recommend to install to S/L/E then repair permissions and restart the system.
It still sounds normal that Clover fails sometimes to load Kexts.
Or, within Clover you can try to change change the load kexts to Yes or Force (i don’t remember because im not on my Hacki now)

Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Sapphire PULSE RX 580
Thanks to all for helping with the Bluetooth issue. I was also finding no devices even though bluetooth icon was there once I added the S/L/E.

After spending couple of hours, I decided to do a clean install of Mojave and follow the steps mentioned throughout this thread. Boom, it worked like a charm, bluetooth is detecting all devices.

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other:
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
S/L/E using Kext Wizard (install kext, repair permissions and refresh kext)
  • BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

macOS
Mobo
Ausus Hero Maximus X
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
RX 580
Great tutorial! Unfortunately nothing happened on my build - neither the Wifi nor the BT show up in the system profiler. I added the kexts to the Clover, and also to the system, as recommended. Can there be anything I'm missing - or would I jump to the conclusion that it's a faulty card? I used the Levono, by the way, swapping it with the one that came with the motherboard. Thanks so much!

Attachments

Mobo
Gigabyte Z370N WiFi
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
Sapphire PULSE RX 580
Great to learn you got it to work.

I am actually going to change the wifi card to an apple card. I want a dual boot setup with Mac and Windows and I want to use my space grey magic keyboard to switch between the two at boot (clover)- I also want to avoid inserting unnecessary kext, when I dont have to.

Sorry, never mind... checked all the files, one was missing for some reason. Works now. Thank you!!!

macOS
Mobo
Ausus Hero Maximus X
CPU
i7-8700K
GPU
RX 580
Great to learn you got it to work.

I am actually going to change the wifi card to an apple card. I want a dual boot setup with Mac and Windows and I want to use my space grey magic keyboard to switch between the two at boot (clover)- I also want to avoid inserting unnecessary kext, when I dont have to.
May I ask what card that could be from Apple? And would it fit in the Asus Hero Maximus board, just like the Levono did?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
Just wanted to mention that the old method is working again, I have all files in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other and Wifi/Bluetooth are working.

j4v3l

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) CE
CPU
Intel i9-9900K
GPU
XFX Vega 64 Founders Edition
So my motherboard has the wireless-ac-9560 I was wondering if the BCM94352Z would work or the CNvi would affect it. Or I can use the Bcm94360cs with an adapter?

djeans

macOS
Mobo
Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
CPU
I9-9900k
GPU
Radeon RX Vega 64 Red Devil
Hello,

I just did a build based off of your ASUS Rog Maximus Hero build. My build consists of:

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wifi)
Intel I9-9900k
PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX Vega 64
32 GB Ram G.SKILL TridenZ RGB Series (4X8) (PC4 25600)
Samsung 970 EVO 1T NVMe SSD

and I followed your guide and purchased the same wifi card that you recommended. I have bluetooth working, but cannot get wifi working no matter what I tried. It doesn't see any wifi hardware installed at all. I downloaded all the kexts recommended here as well. Any suggestions on how to get it working?

bcuraboy

macOS
Mobo
Asus
CPU
i7 6500U
GPU
Intel 520HD
Hi guys. I've been having this issue for a while, and haven't found a solution..
I have the BCM94352Z card on my laptop, and it works great.
The issue is with the bluetooth: sometimes after waking the machine from sleep, BT will show as Not Available..
and to get it working I have to restart the machine.
I have FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, along with AirportBrcmFixup in Clover and in
L/E>> BrcmFirmwareRepo ; BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmNonPatchRAM2
Forgot to mention, running Mojave 10.14.2
What can be the reason for this issue?? Thanks in advance

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
Hi guys. I've been having this issue for a while, and haven't found a solution..
I have the BCM94352Z card on my laptop, and it works great.
The issue is with the bluetooth: sometimes after waking the machine from sleep, BT will show as Not Available..
and to get it working I have to restart the machine.
I have FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, along with AirportBrcmFixup in Clover and in
L/E>> BrcmFirmwareRepo ; BrcmPatchRAM2 and BrcmNonPatchRAM2
Forgot to mention, running Mojave 10.14.2
What can be the reason for this issue?? Thanks in advance
everything works for me with the same WIFI card only by having FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi / BrcmPatchRAM2 / BrcmFirmwareRepo installed on EFI/Clover.. no need to other than that.

Blank

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus I pro Wifi
CPU
Intel i7-9700k
GPU
Intel UHD 630
Hi Guys,
I've recently installed mojave, and still can't get the BCM94532Z (dell version) to work...
I've already figured out all the rest (USB, Audio, Sleep/Restart, etc..) only this one still remains. I've tried all the proper kexts from RehabMan and the Guide by toleda on tonymac, but no success.
I was told that this Broadcom card can't work if you assemble it instead of the default intel card, and should be pluged with a PCIe adapter. Since I have a mini-itx board, I would like to save the PCIe slot for other uses.
So questions are:
1. Does anybody know a definite answer to whether this card can be used in the socket 1 slot or not?
2. If can not, Did anybody got it working smoothly via PCIe adapter and can link me to a guide?
3. Any other suggestions for a card that can be used in the socket 1 slot?

Thanks a lot to whoever gets the time to help!
And of course if anybody has questions about my build, hope I can help..

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
Hi Guys,
I've recently installed mojave, and still can't get the BCM94532Z (dell version) to work...
I've already figured out all the rest (USB, Audio, Sleep/Restart, etc..) only this one still remains. I've tried all the proper kexts from RehabMan and the Guide by toleda on tonymac, but no success.
I was told that this Broadcom card can't work if you assemble it instead of the default intel card, and should be pluged with a PCIe adapter. Since I have a mini-itx board, I would like to save the PCIe slot for other uses.
So questions are:
1. Does anybody know a definite answer to whether this card can be used in the socket 1 slot or not?
2. If can not, Did anybody got it working smoothly via PCIe adapter and can link me to a guide?
3. Any other suggestions for a card that can be used in the socket 1 slot?

Thanks a lot to whoever gets the time to help!
And of course if anybody has questions about my build, hope I can help..
I have my BCM94532Z successfully installed and it runs more than 1 year flawlessly with all macOS versions I had with that card.
I only swapped the Intel card for BCM94532Z (I don't know if its Dell or Lenovo) at very first day of my Gigabyte Z370N, since I'm using Gigabyte, too, I don't think they do some black lists in BIOS or such.

I have installed only:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
No mater if in EFI/CLOVER or to L/E it just works, bluetooth and WIFI with all Apple macOS functionalities.

Other option for you as you plan to install via PCIe is to get an PCIe adapter to use an original WIFI/Bluetooth card from Apple iMac or MacBook, something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CD...m=112425673150&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Im using this on my second build for about 3 years and it works natively without any kexts.

Blank

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus I pro Wifi
CPU
Intel i7-9700k
GPU
Intel UHD 630
I have my BCM94532Z successfully installed and it runs more than 1 year flawlessly with all macOS versions I had with that card.
I only swapped the Intel card for BCM94532Z (I don't know if its Dell or Lenovo) at very first day of my Gigabyte Z370N, since I'm using Gigabyte, too, I don't think they do some black lists in BIOS or such.

I have installed only:
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
No mater if in EFI/CLOVER or to L/E it just works, bluetooth and WIFI with all Apple macOS functionalities.

Other option for you as you plan to install via PCIe is to get an PCIe adapter to use an original WIFI/Bluetooth card from Apple iMac or MacBook, something like this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CD-BCM94331CD-to-PCI-e-1X-Adapter-for-hackintosh-and-PC/112425673150?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20131003132420&meid=c116df0f41c5437baca803d713d9bffb&pid=100005&rk=6&rkt=12&sd=282015385309&itm=112425673150&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Im using this on my second build for about 3 years and it works natively without any kexts.
That is exactly what I did, I ordered the BCM card together with all parts, and replaced it while assembling the build... Do you know if I'm supposed to have both FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext or only the Broadcom one? (currently have both, maybe thats the problem..?)
Other then that, I've already ordered the PCIe adapter so if the kext are good I really don't have any other idea what's wrong and I'll just try the adapter...
Thanks for the reply bro!

Update: removed FakePCIID.kext from all possible locations, then install (kextbeast) only FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in L/E and EFI/CLOVER/Kexts both no go (different attempt for each location)

Last edited:
macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
That is exactly what I did, I ordered the BCM card together with all parts, and replaced it while assembling the build... Do you know if I'm supposed to have both FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and FakePCIID.kext or only the Broadcom one? (currently have both, maybe thats the problem..?)
Other then that, I've already ordered the PCIe adapter so if the kext are good I really don't have any other idea what's wrong and I'll just try the adapter...
Thanks for the reply bro!

Update: removed FakePCIID.kext from all possible locations, then install (kextbeast) only FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in L/E and EFI/CLOVER/Kexts both no go (different attempt for each location)
At beginning when I installed 5 kexts recommended by this tutorial my bluetooth wouldn't work sometimes only wifi, but with those 3 texts both bt/wifi work always.

It maybe an issue with rebuild system catch or disable SIP to load unsigned kexts which I am still not sure about, of course kexts should be installed only in one location by any means. Other than that what remains is perhaps your card is not installed properly (maybe its not in place or the antennas are not attached properly I really don't know) or it might be its a defect one which I don't hope so, you still can only confirm if it works under Windows OS.

blackbox

macOS
Mobo
Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WiFi + AC
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070
Hey all,
Unfortunately having the same issue with bluetooth over here.
Just completed my build:

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wifi)
Intel I7-8700k
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070
32 GB RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2X16)
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD

Wifi is working beautifully, however bluetooth is not being recognized in system information. Tried loading different kexts in different locations, used Multibeast, Kext Utility...no go. I've booted in windows and successfully connected my magic mouse via bluetooth so I know the card is working.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I think the main problem with no Bluetooth showing up for this card is the failure to correctly activate the USB port that the Bluetooth controller needs to be connected to under macOS.

Just because something works under Windows does not mean it should and will automatically work under macOS.

The majority of people seem to fail to understand that Apple's USB workings are not the same as Windows.

If you have not identified all the active USB ports on your machine, and then created a customised SSDT-UIAC, which you have saved to EFI/ACPI/Patched folder in your EFI partition then the USB ports may not function correctly. Commonly this means that the BT USB Controller is not active.

The way to check to see if you have an active USB BT Controller is to open 'IORegistry Explorer' and inspect the USB ports to see if you have an active USB BT - see screenshot showing an active BT controller on my Hack:

Screen Shot 2019-01-20 at 18.19.20.png

If you find you don't have an active USB BT Controller then you now know what to do, follow Rehabman's guide to create a custom SSDT - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Corpnewt has also created a Python script called 'USBMap' for mapping out USB ports, which can be downloaded from GitHub - Py script for mapping out USB ports and creating a custom SSDT or injector kext (WIP) - https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap

For both routes it is necessary that the system ports be correctly identified for both USB 2 and USB 3 usage. The easiest way to do this is to have a blank/empty USB 2 pen drive and another empty USB 3 drive that you can quickly and easily plug in to each port on your system, one at a time and create a list of the ports that are identified in IORegistry Explorer or USBMAP, it is the same using either process.

I used Rehabman's process as it has been around longer and I understand what is being asked, as I have had to follow this process multiple times, once for each of my Hacks.

blackbox

macOS
Mobo
Asus ROG Maximus Hero X WiFi + AC
CPU
Intel Core i7 8700K
GPU
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070
Thanks for the reply @Edhawk

Here is what I found:

If I'm translating this correctly it seems that the system is recognizing that there is a device (ie the Broadcom Chip) attached, but it has no way of using it because of the lack of the Bluetooth Controller you mentioned above.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte GA Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
GPU
RX Vega 64
I think the main problem with no Bluetooth showing up for this card is the failure to correctly activate the USB port that the Bluetooth controller needs to be connected to under macOS.

Just because something works under Windows does not mean it should and will automatically work under macOS.

The majority of people seem to fail to understand that Apple's USB workings are not the same as Windows.

If you have not identified all the active USB ports on your machine, and then created a customised SSDT-UIAC, which you have saved to EFI/ACPI/Patched folder in your EFI partition then the USB ports may not function correctly. Commonly this means that the BT USB Controller is not active.

The way to check to see if you have an active USB BT Controller is to open 'IORegistry Explorer' and inspect the USB ports to see if you have an active USB BT - see screenshot showing an active BT controller on my Hack:

View attachment 1686

If you find you don't have an active USB BT Controller then you now know what to do, follow Rehabman's guide to create a custom SSDT - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Corpnewt has also created a Python script called 'USBMap' for mapping out USB ports, which can be downloaded from GitHub - Py script for mapping out USB ports and creating a custom SSDT or injector kext (WIP) - https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap

For both routes it is necessary that the system ports be correctly identified for both USB 2 and USB 3 usage. The easiest way to do this is to have a blank/empty USB 2 pen drive and another empty USB 3 drive that you can quickly and easily plug in to each port on your system, one at a time and create a list of the ports that are identified in IORegistry Explorer or USBMAP, it is the same using either process.

I used Rehabman's process as it has been around longer and I understand what is being asked, as I have had to follow this process multiple times, once for each of my Hacks.
Good point but not always the case, as WIFI/BT port is recognized as USB 2 it most likely gonna work under the Apple 15 USB limitation, my WIFI/BT, Keyboard and mouse were recognized immediately by the system before any USB ssdt, at USB 5,7 (external) and 9 (internal) which all fits within the Apple 15 USB limitation, what USB ssdt helps is to determinate unusable USB ports (HS#) which are pretended by USBInjectAll.kext so our system gonna see the actual USB 2 ports amount (depending on the Mobo) so the rest to 15 port limitation will be recognized as USB 3 if configured as SS# correctly.

Confirming the hardware is working under Windows is a crucial step as
1) We more likely gonna buy used cards and the reason behind the seller is selling it is unknown.
2) Not properly installed.
And If you believe only in Rehabman, I have to say he also recommends that.

My experience, I bought used original BCM94360CS2 WIFI/BT card from Apple MacBook which had only WIFI working but never BT no matter what I did with USB ssdt or without, its worth to mention it was installed to USB 9 port as my current WIFI/BT card is via M.2 NGFF adapter, after installing Windows 10 und installing the proper drivers from Apple Bootcamp the bluetooth still didn't work so I realized it was a faulty card after checking it again I saw one antenna pin was broken.
btw, BCM94360CS2 is recommended and worked for many people using Gigabyte Z370N Mobo is mine.

Sorry for my English but hope you got the point.

EDIT: 10 (internal)

Latest posts