macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Hi all,

First off thank you for taking a look at this post.

I have attached my acpi and config files. I've tried multiple configurations and patches but I think i haven't done enough. Everything form rehab man, and acpi patching I believe i'm not doing things correctly. Let me explain a list of some of the issues:
1. Wifi was replaced by the broadcom acceptable card only now to have no bluetooth
2. Shutdown doesn't work properly. While I was able to finally get the system to shut down, I believe it does it via a crash. Also long sleep creates problems

If anyone is able to take a look at my configurations and help/fix I would be greatful and would be happy to buy a few beers for the person that does it.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Can you provide a copy of the following:
  1. Your whole CLOVER folder, so I can see what else is being used to boot your system.
  2. A copy of your Bootlog - available from either Clover Configurator or Hackintool apps.
  3. A copy of your IOReg - use v2.1 IOregistryExplorer (copy attached)
I am currently working through your config.plist and need some clarification on what is happening with your system. The items above will provide that clarification.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Can you add a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder in list fomat, as shown below:

Screenshot 2019-11-11 at 00.11.03.png

This is a screenshot of my /Library/Extensions folder, as an example of what I want to see.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
for some reason my whole folder will not fit here when I try to add, says file is too big even after zip so I'll do this in pieces
Can you add a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions folder in list fomat, as shown below:

View attachment 5116

This is a screenshot of my /Library/Extensions folder, as an example of what I want to see.
Something tells me I didn't copy over the clover files to the extension folder. The files seem to be too large to add here

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
You just need to provide the CLOVER folder not the other folders in the EFI folder. If the clover folder is too large you should see about removing any redundant themes from the /CLOVER/themes folder.

Also it needs to be compressed/zipped before attatching

I’ll get back on to this tomorrow as it is past 1.00am now.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Here is a revised CLOVER folder for you to try. I have adapted it to work with your motherboard and CPU, based on the information I obtained from this specification page - https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING/specifications/
  • Added a number of SSDT's to /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder, which should help your system function better with macOS.
  • Deleted the SSDT's from the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder as they do nothing.
  • Deleted the /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder as you have the newer /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder present and don't need both.
  • Added and deleted a number of drivers from /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder
  • Deleted the numbered OSX folders from /CLOVER/kexts folder leaving just the Other folder
  • Added and deleted a number of kexts from /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, to better match your system requirements
  • Deleted a number of themes from /CLOVER/themes folder, as they were not needed or called in your config and all they do is add unneccessary size/bulk to the CLOVER folder.
I have revised your config.plist to hopefully better match your system. This includes changing the SMBIOS to iMac Pro 1.1, which I know worked best for one of the other members on this site with a similar system to yours. I have also made a large number of other changes/amendments to the config, that will hopefully work well with your system.

I deleted the APPLE and BOOT folders you provided, as they contain nothing that I can use or change.

I couldn't open the IOReg files, as my system said they were corrupt.

I didn't see a copy of your Bootlog.txt. So I don't know what is happening when your system boots.

Try the CLOVER folder attached. Simply replace the CLOVER folder you are currently using.

Let me know if this helps.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Awesome!
Trying it out but before I reboot figured i'd attach the boot file and the ioreg file again.
Fingers crossed.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
sadly that didn't work, both shut down and boot up were affected....as in it pushed me into bios.
Attaching the bootlog for your folder

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Ok, not totally unexpected that you would have some issues with the revised CLOVER folder etc.

Now I have the two Bootlog's I can at last see what is working and what is not working when you boot. I will look at both Bootlog's and see what I need to change in the CLOVER folder and config.plist to smooth out the isssues your system encountered.

The IOReg is corrupt.

If you install the IOReg version I attached and save it to your Applications folder you should be able to save a clean uncorrupted copy of your IOReg. You need to delete any previous versions of the application you may have installed.
  1. When you open IORegistryExplorer it will automatically open the system's Registry file.
  2. You need to navigate to the 'File' drop down menu.
  3. Select the 'Save a Copy as ...' and save the file to your desktop.
  4. Then right-click on the file and compress the it so it can be posted here.
I checked that the version of IORegistryExplorer I attached in post #2 is version 2.1. So using that application should give you a good copy of the registry. Can you make sure you are opening the right application, it should when you open the 'Get Info' window look something like this.

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 13.41.19.png Right-click on the App icon which brings up a list of options, 'Get Info' being one of them, usually the 4th in the list.

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 13.35.57.png 'Get Info' for Version 2.1 of IORegistryExplorer application.

See if you can provide a clean copy of your registry, it will help me to see what is happening in the background when your system is running.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Reading through the two Bootlogs I am seeing some inconsitancies, i.e. entries that don't match.

I have assumed the bootlog from post #8 is a copy of your bootlog from your current CLOVER folder. That the bootlog in post #9 is from the CLOVER folder and config that I provided.

That being the case then the version of Clover used with the CLOVER folder I provided is too old and will not work correctly with the new CLOVER folder layout.
  • The Bootlog in post #8 uses Clover revision r5058
  • The Bootlog in post #9 uses Clover revision r4920
  • They should both be using the same version of Clover, so we can compare like with like.
  • There are a few others that reflect the differing contents of the two CLOVER folders.
I have noticed a couple of amendments that will be needed to the CLOVER folder I provided, and will make them as I progress through the two Bootlogs.

If you can correct the Clover version issue and provide a new Bootlog when using the CLOVER folder I provided I would be grateful.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Having gone through the second bootlog I don't think it has been created using the CLOVER folder I provided.

There are simply too many entries that are wrong for it to have been created using the CLOVER folder I provide.

The first Bootlog was very handy, as it showed me what your system was doing when booting from your current CLOVER folder and config.plist.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Try this config.plist with your current CLOVER folder. Change the name of your current config.plist to something else and add the attached config.plist to your CLOVER folder.

Post a copy of your Bootlog after booting wiht this config.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Again first off, thank you very much for your time.
so am I to use two config lists in the same clover?
As for the clover versions i can explain the inconsistencies
I did ugrade the clover during the process so that may be it. Also one of the boot files may have been from my recovery disk.

I confirmed version 2.1 and attaching the ioreg here

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Thanks, I have both files and can open the IOReg.

Unfortuantely the bootlog is not from the CLOVER folder I provided. Again the entries do not match what I included in the config.plist.

You need to replace your current CLOVER folder with the one I provided. This should be a complete replacement not just replacement of the config.plist, which I don't think happened either.

There should only ever be one file in the CLOVER folder named 'config.plist'.

You can rename an old or redundant config.plist to something like 'config-old.plist' and it will not be used by Clover when you boot your system. Clover only uses the file named config.plist when it boots.

However, you can access this other config from the Clover boot screen 'Options' list and can use it if your new config doesn't work.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Okay i replaced and then generated a new boot file with the clover folder replaced as well as the separate config list you sent. Should i restart the system before generating a new boot file?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes!

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
The bootlog you attached in post #17 is from a config.plist with an iMac 14.2 SMBIOS. So I know it is not from the CLOVER folder I provided.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
okay i replaced just with your clover folder. I had to boot with my startup disk. When i opened the efi folder and the relevant config list it showed 1.1.

The error on startup is an ACPI error saying that tables exist, i believe.

Sorry if for the back and forth.

Attachments