poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
okay this is confusing....the boot file shows 14.2, could that be because i had to boot from my recovery? because this is what is how when opening EFI folder.

using your clover doesn't let me shut down and then crashes on boot up

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Again, that is not a bootlog from the CLOVER folder I provided.

That was from a boot using a config.plist that has an iMac 14.2 SMBIOS. The CLOVER folder and config.plist that I provided uses an iMac Pro 1.1 SMBIOS.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
I'm unable to boot from your clover folder, that's why i have to boot from startup disk every time.
I've deleted all the folders outside of clover folder and I have replaced with your latest config file.
I've renamed the old config file to something else.

Still no luck to shut down or boot

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes, it must be using the config.plist from your Recovery drive.

I will have another look at the CLOVER folder I provided and remove some of the SSDT's. Lests see if that helps. One of them may be causing the boot up crash.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Here is a revised CLOVER folder, named CLOVER2.
  • I have removed the two new SSDT's I added previously.
  • I have added back a few UEFI drivers.
  • I have added a couple of kexts.
  • The config.plist is pretty much the same as the one I attached before, just a couple of boot arguments added back in so you can see what is happening if it kernel panics when booting.
Rename the folder to CLOVER and replace your current CLOVER folder, the WHOLE folder with this one. Not parts of the folder the whole folder.

Let me know what happens and if possible provide a Bootlog that is created using this folder to boot your system.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
No dice unfortunately, no shut down or boot. Maybe the ssdt files actually fixed that issue. Now you see why i've had some many issues here.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Either way, thank you for trying. At times I think it maybe either because of PSU or maybe the non compliant samsung m2 i have that is running windows. But i've taken it out and tested and still same issues.

I mean it shuts down, but not hair airport or bluetooth is a pain.

Do send me your paypal, I'd like to buy you a beer for the effort at least.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Sorry to here this.

Just so you know the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth card installed in your system are not compatible with macOS. They have never been and it is not anticiapted that Apple will ever start using Intel WiFi/BT cards.

In order for you to have working WiFi/BT you need a compatible Broadcom card for Airport/Continuity/Handoff etc. to work. Your Asus motherboard will have been provided with an Intel WiFi/BT combo card, usually M.2 connector type 1, i.e. not suitable for SSD's. This is standard and it is normal for users to either replace this card with a matching Broadcom Bcm94352Z WiFi/BT card or if you have a spare PCI-e x1 slot to install a card like this - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Hackinto...=1573662968&sprefix=Hackintosh,aps,141&sr=8-1

My paypal link is in my signature below.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Sorry to here this.

Just so you know the Intel WiFi and Bluetooth card installed in your system are not compatible with macOS. They have never been and it is not anticiapted that Apple will ever start using Intel WiFi/BT cards.

In order for you to have working WiFi/BT you need a compatible Broadcom card for Airport/Continuity/Handoff etc. to work. Your Asus motherboard will have been provided with an Intel WiFi/BT combo card, usually M.2 connector type 1, i.e. not suitable for SSD's. This is standard and it is normal for users to either replace this card with a matching Broadcom Bcm94352Z WiFi/BT card or if you have a spare PCI-e x1 slot to install a card like this - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Hackintosh-mac-compatible-natively-supported-BCM4360/dp/B07T9JD93Y/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1XVZEOUP4GCTI&keywords=hackintosh+wifi+bluetooth&qid=1573662968&sprefix=Hackintosh,aps,141&sr=8-1

My paypal link is in my signature below.
That's the weird thing I bought a compatible broadcom bcm card and installed in pci. Initially when I had no shutdown it worked with bluetooth....now only wifi works.

I'm aware of the issue with asus cards that's why I bought the thing otherwise I wouldnt be able to get wifi at all.

I'll send something over shortly. But guessing you dont think you're able to resolve my many issues right.....at least macos issues lol

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
No, that's not what I think.

The Bluetooth issue should be as simple as installing three kexts to the /Library/Extensions folder and repairing permission and rebuilding the kernel cache, if you have a compatible Broadcom card.

If it is a WiFi/BT card installed on a PCI-e card adapter I would suggest you check the USB cable is connected and then that the USB header port is active under macOS. As you do not have an SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system (custom SSDT for activating the USB ports) it could be that macOS is not activating the USB port each boot.

I have had a look in your IOReg and the Bluetooth is showing as being connected to USB port HS06, see screenshot below.

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.14.46.png BCM2045A0 showing in IOReg.

If you install these three kexts to /Library/Extensions folder it should help with your Bluetooth:
  1. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  2. BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext
  3. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
Use a kext installer such as Hackintool to install the kexts, do not copy and paste these kexts in to the /Library/Extensions folder as that will bork your kernel cache when you next boot.

Open Hackintool and navigate to the 'Tools' tab, second from the right at the top of the app window:

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.21.52.png Hackintool - Tools tab

On this Tools tab, you need to select the kext icon second from the right at the bottom of the app window. This opens a window where you can select the kexts you wish to install. Select the three Brcm... kexts. It will then ask you to provide your passworkd to make changes, do so and select OK button.

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.26.08.png

The screen above should then appear, while it installs the kexts and repairs permissions etc.

When it has completed the installation of the kexts to /Library/Extensions the screen below will appear. While this looks like an error has occured it hasn't and you can now close Hackintool and reboot your system.

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 18.26.57.png

The three kexts should now be part of the kernel cache and be loaded when your system boots.

Let me know if this works for you, then we can move on to the next issue.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Hi Ed,
So I did install them, the bluetooth icon appeared, but doesn't seem to be functioning properly. I'm able to connect a device, but it quickly disconnects. The profile remains but you can no longer connect to it.

The wire is connected to the motherboard outside of the regular pcie connection.

Also I have the dreaded greyed out bluetooth button.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I will havenanlooknat this later today.

Can you confirm you only have one Bluetooth card installed in your system.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Yes only 1 outside of what is part of the motherboard.

I run windows off a separate drive as well. Wondering if that may be interfering .

FYI, left a few quid for you, hope that buys a few pints. Thanks again for your work.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Donation very gratefully received and really appreciated. It will definitely buy me a pint or two!

Can you post a screenshot of the Hackintool Info > Misc tab for your system, drag the window so all the text is visible, as I have done in the example below.

Screenshot 2019-11-15 at 18.26.12.png

The screenshot requested shows details for the Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, AMD GPU and drives connected to the system.

Can you also post a new copy of your IOReg, as I want to see what is happening regarding the bluetooth since the kexts were installed. I will be able to compare the new and old IOReg's to see if the kexts made any real difference.

It doesn't matter that you are dual booting Windows and macOS. If the two OS's are on separate drives they will not interfere with each other. The only thing they share is the initial bootloader.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I have been reading about the new/beta OpenCore Bootloader and found out that the old Brcm PatchRam kexts do not work in Catalina. A new set of drivers have been produced and are attached below for you to use.

First you need to remove the old Brcm...kexts from your /Library/Extension or /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Option 1
If you want to use CLOVER to inject the kexts, use the kexts in the Brcm_Clover_kext.zip archive. These can be copied to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and when you reboot they should be injected along with the other kext in this folder.

Option 2
If you prefer to have all your kext in the /Library/Extensions folder, which I do personnaly. Then you need to use the three kexts in the Brcm_LE_kext.zip archive.

These three kexts should be installed to /Library/Extensions with Hackintool, as instructed previously. including repairing permissions and rebuilding the kernel cache.

Whichever option you choose you should find that when you reboot, your Bluetooth issues will hopefully be a thing of the past.

Warning
Just remember to only use one set of kexts. Do not use them both or you will mess up your Bluetooth and possible a few other things.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Tried it and still the same problem. I think the extra hardware profile maybe messing itup. How would I go to remove/disable and only have the brcm cardwork?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes, that second screenshot shows you still have the original Intel WiFi/BT combo card installed.

Your latest IOReg also shows that both the Intel and Broadcom cards are active.

You need to physically remove the Intel card. As it is clashing with the Broadcom BT.

If you can't or are reluctant to physically remove the Intel card, you will have to try to disable the Intel WiFi/BT card in your Bios. I don't think I have ever seen or heard of an SSDT or patch that can disable the Intel card from Clover or your config.plist.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Yes, that second screenshot shows you still have the original Intel WiFi/BT combo card installed.

Your latest IOReg also shows that both the Intel and Broadcom cards are active.

You need to physically remove the Intel card. As it is clashing with the Broadcom BT.

If you can't or are reluctant to physically remove the Intel card, you will have to try to disable the Intel WiFi/BT card in your Bios. I don't think I have ever seen or heard of an SSDT or patch that can disable the Intel card from Clover or your config.plist.
I think may have tried to disable in bios before I'll try that before removing hardware....first will need to figure out how to remove that plastic housing.

I'm concerned though, currently windows 10 doesnt recognize the driver for the Broadcom card probably because lack of support....I wonder if I'll have wifi on windows....only one way to find out.

Stay tuned.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
I can provide a link to the Broadcom drivers for Windows. They are obtained from the Apple BootCamp download, which I have saved on one of my servers.

Unfortunatley the server is currently off line, as I need to reapply the thermal paste to the CPU/cooler, the CPU was running too hot. I have only today received the thermal paste so I will post the drivers you need for the Bluetooth and WiFi later this evening or tomorrow at the latest.

Latest posts