Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Here is a link to your Motherboard specifications, Manual and drivers (Windows) - https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-Z390-E-GAMING/HelpDesk_Manual/

The page I linked should have a support manual that explains how to replace/remove the WiFi card. If not search online and I am sure someone will have posted a guide for this procedure, for your Motherboard or one very similar.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Here are the Bluetooth and WiFi drivers for Windows 10. They have been taken from BootCamp v6, so they should work wiht your system. They are the drivers I used to get my Broadcom WiFi/BT working on my systems under Windows 10.

I couldn't remeber which Bluetooth driver you need, so I have provided both the AppleBTBroadcom and the BroadcomBT drivers. I think it is the both Broadcom drivers you need, but is a while since I last used these and my memory is not what it once was.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Okay, good news first. I disabled the lan and wifi/bluetooth modules in bios. Hackintool now shows only one device. Windows was able to use the card without drivers.

However, while the bluetooth icon is now ungreyed...once you turn it off you can't turn it on. And while its on, it doesn't find any devices, even apple ones. Here is the latest io reg. I have a feeling the system might not be shutting down correctly....even though it is shutting down...but some progress at least.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Delays in the shutting down process may be caused by the 'My Passport' drive connected to USB3 port (SS01).

Unplug the My Passport drive and see if the shutdown process changes.

I can see you only have one Bluetooth active in your IOReg. What does the Bluetooth Report in System Information say? Can you take a screenshot of your Bluetooth report, as shown in the example below:

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 23.53.09.png Open 'About this Mac' and select 'System Report....' button

Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 23.52.05.png Navigate to Bluetooth, take a screenshot.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
The device seems to be correct but some of the functionalities are off. I did disable onboard lan and discovery. I tested with multiple configs but no avail. Is there another software enable i can try for turning off bluetooth?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Not that I am aware of.

Does your Broadcom Bluetooth automatically come on when you boot your system?
If you don't turn if off does it allow you to discover and connect to your BT devices?

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Yes it does..automatically on during boot.

If I dont turn it off it still cannot locate devices. When looking into the hardware specs it shows that it's both non discoverable and non connect able. Comparing it with you is that shows its connectable

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Yes, I know yours says it is not contactable. I was wondering when the system was rebooted if this status changed, obviously not.

Can you provide details of the exact WiFi/BT card you are using, i.e. Broadcom/Dell model number. A link to the site where you bought the card would also be helpful.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
Bought this off ebay. (Granted assuming there might be a malfunction, but bluetooth wouldnt show up then when the rest are off)

Unfortunately the listing is no longer there but hopefully this will clarify

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
That card should work as the Broadcom is native to macOS.

The WiFi/BT guide by Toleda - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/broadcom-wifi-bluetooth-guide.242423/ says to use the following for a BCM943602CS:

WiFi - Install AirportBrcmFixup.kext & Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions.

BT - Install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext (or BrcmPatchRAM3.kext for Catalina/Mojave) to /Library/Extensions.

You may not need BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext for the bluetooth. I have attached the other kexts you need.

Attachments

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
No dice unfortunately. Same result.

I honestly think that my incorrect acpi patching may be causing these issues.

Every time I restart the shutdown log basically says that nothing is saved it say unmounting failure of sorts. I have to get you the exact language/picture.

Moreover, everytime i log back in i have the same programs open up that I closed prior to shutdown, along with same browser windows.

Even when tryo g to upgrade natively to Catalina after it goes through the install and asks to reboot...nothing happens.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
The applicaitons opening on startup is common way for Apple System to boot. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong.

When you close an application using the X icon in the top left corner, it doesn't actually close the app. You need to right-click on the app icon in the Dock and select 'Quit' from the list of options to actuall close the app or select App Name > File menu > Quit App Name.

When you select shutdown or reboot from the Apple menu, there is a small tick box on the pop up window that appears with the 60 second countdown. This asks if you want your current open apps to re-open when you next start. If you remove the tick from this box it won't automatically load the open apps when you next boot.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
What ACPI patching have you done?

If you feel you have messed up your installaiton maybe you should try a clean install of Mojave, after you have made a backup of your current booting macOS drive. An old laptop drive is very handy for creating a backup of your macOS drive. I use Carbon Copy Cloner for this purpose.

You have a working CLOVER folder so the reinstallation of macOS shouldn't be that problematic.
  1. Get hold of a fresh USB pen drive, 8GB or larger.
  2. Format the USB as HFS+ i.e. Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with the name 'Untitled'
  3. Make sure you have a copy of the Mojave Installtion Application in your Applications folder.
  4. Use Terminal to create the macOS Mojave installation USB, by entering this command/text in to the terminal window, (copy and paste the text so you don't make any mistakes typing)
    • sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled
    • This will start Apple's createinstallmedia process. It will ask if you want to erase the USB, select 'Y' and press enter
    • It will then format and copy the files to the USB drive, renaming the drive in the process.
    • Once it has completed it will inform you that you now have a bootable drive.
    • Close the Terminal Window.
  5. Now install the latest version of Clover to your USB.
  6. Make sure you change the Installation location to the USB drive, so you do not install Clover to your macOS HD.
  7. Select 'customise' after changing the installation location.
    • Select - Clover for UEFI booting Only
    • Select - Install Clover in the ESP.
    • Select Install Clover.
    • You do not need to worry about selecting any of the other options available, as they are already set by the contents of your working CLOVER folder.
    • Finish the Clover installation.
  8. Open the EFI partition, then the EFI folder.
  9. Copy your working CLOVER folder to your EFI folder, overwriting the one just created on the USB. The one created by the Clover installation on the USB is no good.
You now have a working USB installer for your Hackintosh.

If you want to remove any items from your CLOVER folder, be very careful, as this could cause your USB installer not to work. Some items are essential, others not so. But knowing the difference can make your USB work or not.

Making a few small changes to your config, to remove a few ACPI patches/fixes should be OK but do not go mad and remove them all.

These are the ACPI Fixes I would recommend you use in your config.plist:

Tab 1 Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 19.23.53.png
  • ShutdownFix
  • FixPIC
  • FixHPET
Tab 2 Screenshot 2019-11-20 at 19.24.11.png
  • FixRTC
  • DeleteUnused
  • FixMutex
  • FixRegions
You probably don't need any other Fixes.

You do need the Plugin Type under Generate Options ticked, for CPU Power Management.

poplavok

macOS
Mobo
Asus z390 e
CPU
i9900k
GPU
rx580
That's the thing, I confessed in the beginning and will reiterate...I didnt do the patching I played around with efi folders until I found one closely resembling my system and that would work (mostly).

I actually have a full working backup on a separate drive through time machine that has saved me more then once so I'm happy at least that works.

And I do have a working installer for mojave that i used. I may try that but itll require time to remove my samsung hard drive as unfortunately that specific model causes kernel panic on install.

Might try over the weekend or maybe swing for the fences and try to install Catalina while I'm at it.

I'm curious if power supply can ever be an issue from hardware perspective