Error installing High Sierra Olarila 10.13.6

macOS
Mobo
IPM41-D3
CPU
Intel Xeon E5450
GPU
GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB
It's been a week since I've been trying to do my first Hackintoshi, but after booting or flash drive and clicking to start the installation, it freezes with a alphabet soup, as in the photo below. I don't know what else to do, even though I don't know how to do almost anything. I hope someone helps me.

System specifications:
IPM41-D3
GT 1030 GDDR5 2 GB
8 GB DDR3
Intel Xeon E5450
HD 320 + 80 GB
PenDrive Sandisk 8 GB

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder so I can see what you are using to boot this system.

Confirm which HD you are installing macOS on to, 320GB or 80GB drive. Remove/disconnect the other drive while you undertake the installation of macOS, so you only have the target drive and the USB pen drive attached.

The Intel GMA x4500 IGPU built in to the motherboard doesn't work in macOS. Installing a discrete graphics card in the x16 PCI-e slot should automatically disable the Intel GPU. but oyou may want to check this is the case and if possible disable the Intel GPU in your bios.

You will have to use the Nvidia Web drivers with the GT1030 card in High Sierra. You will also want to install Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext, as otherwise you may have Black Screen issues with this card.

As part of the installation you will need to use the nv-disable=1 boot argument. Once you have installed macOS, you can then install the Nvidia Web Drivers for the specific version of High Sierra you are installing. Once this is doen you can remove the nv-disable=1 boot argument and add the Nvidia Web=true option to the System Parameters section of your config.plist

Here are some links for your system components:
Your motherboad uses the following components:
  • Audio - Realtek ALC662 Audio
  • Ethernet - Realtek RTL8111EL
  • Chipset - Intel G41 Express
For the Audio you will need to install Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext. Along with setting the correct Audio Layout ID in your config.plist. These are the Layout ID's that are known to work with this ALC662 codec: 5, 7, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17

For the Ethernet you will need to install Rehabman's Realtek8111.kext

Your mother board only has four USB2 ports on the rear I/O plate. It has two USB headers, assumed to also be USB2 speed. Even if you have a USB3 header port on the motherboard, which is not clear from the specification page or motherboard image. You will not be close to the 15 port limit imposed by Apple. So you should not need the USB port limti patch for High Sierra. You may still need to use the USB rename patches but these if not needed by the sysyem will do no harm or cause no issues when booting macOS.

I'm not sure if the Intel G41 chipset was used by Apple, if not it may cause more cosmetic issues rather than physical issues.

You need to make sure that your BIOS is set correctly for running macOS:

Change the following settings, some may not be present on your old system, specifically the XMP and UEFI options:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
For your Dedicated graphics card:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Disabled
  2. Graphics: PEG/PCIe Slot 1
  3. Initial Display Output : PCIe 1 Slot
Remember to post a copy of your current CLOVER folder from your USB pen drive, so I can see what you are currently using.

macOS
Mobo
IPM41-D3
CPU
Intel Xeon E5450
GPU
GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB
Post a copy of your CLOVER folder so I can see what you are using to boot this system.
Follow my clover down here, the onboard video card is disabled, almost none of those bios options I have in my bios, but the ones I managed to find are ok. I added the line nv-disable = 1 and it didn't have any effect, the same error continues, I don't know if that helps, but I managed to install Yosemite using the flags UseKernelCache = No ncpi = 0x2000 USBBusFix = Yes cpus = 1 -v -x, however it was extremely slow and did not recognize the GT 1030. About installing kertx, I have no idea how to do this, I am very lay on the subject. I sincerely hope that you help me

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You need to name any new or edited config as config.plist. At the same time if you want to keep a copy of your previous config you need to rename it to config_old.plist or something similar. Clover only uses the file named config.plist, so your config2.plist wasn't used when you last booted. The nv-disable=1 boot argument wasn't used.

The Nvidia GT 1030 will not work in Yosemite, as the Pascal drivers required are not included in the Nvidia Web Drivers for Yosemite. You would need to be running a later version of macOS Sierra for the GT 1030 card to work.

Any kexts you need for your system should be installed to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which is located on your USB pen drive.

I will have a look at your CLOVER folder and see what I think needs amending so it works better with your system. I probably won't get back to you till tomorrow.

macOS
Mobo
IPM41-D3
CPU
Intel Xeon E5450
GPU
GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB
You need to name any new or edited config as config.plist. At the same time if you want to keep a copy of your previous config you need to rename it to config_old.plist or something similar. Clover only uses the file named config.plist, so your config2.plist wasn't used when you last booted. The nv-disable=1 boot argument wasn't used.

The Nvidia GT 1030 will not work in Yosemite, as the Pascal drivers required are not included in the Nvidia Web Drivers for Yosemite. You would need to be running a later version of macOS Sierra for the GT 1030 card to work.

Any kexts you need for your system should be installed to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, which is located on your USB pen drive.

I will have a look at your CLOVER folder and see what I think needs amending so it works better with your system. I probably won't get back to you till tomorrow.
ok, looking forward :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
A revised CLOVER folder is attached for you to try in place of your current one. It is based on an old LGA 775 socket system, simialr to your Xeon system. I have adapted the kexts as mentioned above.
  • I have used the iMac 10.1 SMBIOS,
  • checked the Serial Number with Apple and EveryMac;
  • populated teh MLB with the new board serial number,
  • generated a ROM based on the new SMBIOS.
  • I have not selected Nvidia Web=true, as you need to install the Nvidia Web drivers first.
  • I have added nv-disable=1 boot argument, so your graphics should work during installation but only at low resolution.
  • I made a number of other tweaks to the revised config.
Replace your current CLOVER folder with this one, use the whole CLOVER folder not just parts of the folder.

It may need a few addtional tweaks, this is normal.

Let me know how you get on.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
IPM41-D3
CPU
Intel Xeon E5450
GPU
GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB
A revised CLOVER folder is attached for you to try in place of your current one. It is based on an old LGA 775 socket system, simialr to your Xeon system. I have adapted the kexts as mentioned above.
  • I have not selected Nvidia Web=true, as you need to install the Nvidia Web drivers first.
  • I have added nv-disable=1 boot argument, so your graphics should work during installation but only at low resolution.
Replace your current CLOVER folder with this one, use the whole CLOVER folder not just parts of the folder.

Error remains

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
IPM41-D3
CPU
Intel Xeon E5450
GPU
GT 1030 GDDR5 2GB

a doubt, within the .zip file has two folders, clover and MacOs. should I put both folders or just the clover folder? I just changed the clover folder