External SSD Windows 10

macOS
Okay, so I'm not an idiot, but I feel like one. I have a SSD with Windows 10 already installed. All I want to do is make it compatible with my macbook pro. How do I do this? A link to a relevant site is fine, but a step by step walkthrough would be better. I've looked everywhere, but all of the sites I find want you to use VMs or reformat and install windows on the drive which it is already done... can I just skip all these prior steps and go from there?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
If you have a real MacBook Pro then you need to use BootCamp for running Windows on your Mac. That being the case you are asking for help on the wrong site. You probably won't get the external drive to be recognised by your MBP, unless you have an NTFS driver installed, so the drive can be read by Mojave. I think you will have to install Windows 10 using the BootCamp wizard in Mojave, i.e. a fresh install, for you to have access to macOS and Windows on your MBP.

Have a read of this guide for more information on using BootCamp - https://www.imore.com/how-install-windows-your-mac-boot-camp

If you have a MacBook Pro Hack, then the bootable Windows/Microsoft EFI icon should be visible on the Clover boot screen, if the external enclosure is connected via USB. It will also depend on whether the Windows 10 drive has been formatted and created correctly for Clover to recognise it. i.e. GUID, GPT formatted drive, preferably with an EFI Partition as the first partition on the drive.

Here is a link to the Multi-booting forum over at Tonymacx86, it has a number of guides for booting macOS, Windows and Linux on the same Hack. It think the guides by Going Bald are pretty good - https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153/

Sorry probably not the answer you are looking for, but somethings just don't work without a bit of investigation and a redo.