Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes, you would be advised to clone your drive before you run any macOS updates. The update should run without any issues, just make sure you select the Install macOS..... icon on the Clover Boot Screen and not your normal macOS High Sierra icon.

You shouldn't need to reinstall CLOVER to the EFI or do anything, if you are using a recent version of Clover and you are only applying a Security update for High Sierra.
  • I am assuming the kexts required for your system are up to date.
  • An upgrade to Mojave would probably work with the same EFI folder you use with High Sierra.
  • However I personally would not recommend an upgrade for your Sandy Bridge system beyond High Sierra. It is not going to run as well in Mojave or Catalina as it does in High Sierra. As the two newer versions are not optomised for Sandy Bridge CPU's. You would need to go though a lot of issues to get your system working in Mojave or Caltalina as well as it currently does in High Sierra.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No, that is not what I meant.

As far as I am concerned you should have the 'Preboot' icon hidden, as you don't need to use or even see that when booting macOS with Clover. All it does is clutter up your Clover boot screen. It should be explicitly named in your config.plist under the list of hidden volumes:

Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 16.05.58.png Clover Configurator > GUI section

Screenshot 2020-03-08 at 16.06.06.png
Common hidden volume names, these icons should not be visible on the Clover boot screen.

These volumes are not capable of booting anything useful and usually just result in a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner of the screen.

I meant select the 'Install macOS from 'Drive name' Data' icon (it is named something like that). In my case the icon would be named 'Install macOs from Mojave Data', as my macOS drive is named Mojave.

Latest posts