macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Designare
CPU
Intel 9900K
GPU
Radeon VII
Hello all,
I appreciate any help anyone can provide.

I'm new to the hackintosh community and I recently got a Gigabyte Designare 9900k hackintosh build finally working using a vanilla install using clover. I have a pair of G-raid thunderbolt 2 drives that I'd love to use with the onboard thunderbolt 3 ports on my motherboard. I have the apple thunderbolt 2 to 3 and the startech thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter and neither of them work. I reinstalled the thunderbolt drivers in windows as one person on this forum suggested and although I do get the thunderbolt icon on the doc to show up, it doesn't load my external drives. In MacOS 10.14.6 I get a "Thunderbolt: No drivers loaded" message in the system information. I also loaded the SSDT-Z390-Designare-TB3HP-V4.aml file in my EFI>Clover>ACPI>Patched folder. I have my product model set to iMac19,1 as recommended by some on other forums but see that some are using macpro models.

Has anyone gotten thunderbolt 2 hard drives working on the Gigabyte Designare's onboard thunderbolt 3 port? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

part list
MacOS Mojave 10.14.6
Gigabyte Designare MoBo
Intel 9900k
64gb HyperX 3200 OC to 3600 (4x16)
Radeon VII
Broadcom pcie Wifi/bluetooth card
2 nvme drives installed, one with win10 and the other with macOS
250GB SATA backup SSD
Bios version F6 (tried all of the available revisions with no luck)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

Latest posts