Gigabyte Z390 Designair starting point

Ratsgym

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z390 Designair
My first time building a Hackintosh. My 2018 Macbook pro's battery bloated and ruined the motherboard. So I'm a little pissed at their build quality. I do mostly Music Production which is why I need Thunderbolt. Any suggestions on what to use for the rest of the build. Plus doing a little gaming such as Civ 6 and so on.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
This is the link to a Z390 Designare setup, that one of the members on this site built. He eventually got his system working perfectly. https://hackintosher.com/forums/thread/efi-check.1276/

If you read through the posts you will see that there is a ready built CLOVER folder, with a preconfigured config.plist, a number of specific SSDT's for various components including the USB ports, CNVI connector, an AMD RX 580 discrete GPU and a Titan Ridge Thunderbolt card.

The RX 580 would be perfect for the gaming side of your usage, it can be upgraded to a Vega 64 with little work if you want more graphics power. But if you are primarily doing Music production then an i9-9900K CPU or similar with at least 32BG of DDR4 memory and a 500GB or 1TB SSD or NVME would probably be a good option.