Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No, if you add the USBPorts.kext to your /OC/Kexts folder you don't need to use the SSDT-UIAC.aml or any other .aml table created by Hackintool.

I expect you already have an SSDT-EC-USBX.aml for your system, maybe two separate SSDT's and that is fine.

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
I just finished a re-do for my Big Sur 11.4 and port limiting is working.

I also use Hackintool... but I have one question, should I also be using the .aml file that it produces? I have always used the one linked to by the OpenCore guide (a pre-build). It works but wondering if that is the reason it dose not stick with updates.
Funny... I thought about the same thing today when I generated a new USBPorts.kext in Hackintool... but I have no idea. I always used the pre-built as well in OpenCore, maybe I'll try it when I get a chance again.

EDIT: The extra files generated by Hackintool are

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml
SSDT-EC-USBX.dsl
SSDT-UIAC.aml
SSDT-UIAC.dsl

...none of which exist in the "ACPI" directory in OpenCore

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The SSDT-UIAC.aml generated by Hackintool should never be used if the USBPorts.kext is added to the /CLOVER/kexts/Other or /OC/Kexts folder.

You can use the custom SSDT-EC-USBX.aml generated by Hackintool as it has been created to work with you system and will only contain the settings required for your system.

The pre-built SSDT’s available from the Dortania guides are generic “catch-all” tables that contain the settings required for a multitude of systems. These generic SSDT’S tend to be slower but work for lots of people.

The two .dsl tables are provided so you can make edits to the .aml tables (shouldn’t be needed if the port discovery was undertaken correctly). These two tables should never be added to a Clover or OC setup.

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
I should have been more clear on that... I was referring to just SSDT-EC-USBX.aml (OpenCore). I have always used SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from Github per OC guide. Thanks Edhawk

After creating a new mapping kext for Big Sur 11.4, I find that it works for the Monterey Public Beta. I will switch out that aml file and test again later.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
@Railgun the reply wasn't really aimed at you or @Raine, it was aimed at those who visit the site read parts of a guide and don't follow through reading the remainder of the information provided.

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
OK just to follow up on my previous post. I tested using the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml that was created by Hackintool when port mapping was done. I found it breaks port mapping.

I went back to the pre-build SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from Github per OC guide, port limitation works again.

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
After creating a new mapping kext for Big Sur 11.4, I find that it works for the Monterey Public Beta.
I used my Big Sur 11.4 USBPorts.kext when I first installed Monterey PB1 and everything worked... that was before I experimented with the USBInjectAll just to see what would happen if I tried from scratch (like someone installing Monterey PB1 and then mapping their USB ports for the first time). So as far as I can tell right now, the USB mapping done in 11.4 works with Monterey PB1. The only issues I'm having in Montery PB1 right now are:

1. Trying to figure out how to switch the video output to displayport (it only works with HDMI)
2. Trying to get sound working

...although since it is a beta, maybe the above features aren't ready or available yet.

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
Raine for sound in Monterey beta, I had to add -lilubetaall to my boot arguments. Then check system preferences sound output internal speakers for my green out.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You shouldn't need to use that boot argument as macOS Monterey and below are supposed to work with the latest version of Lilu.kext. Same goes for WhateverGreen.kext.

However, you may need to use -alcbeta as I don't think the latest version of AppleALC.kext has been set for macOS 12.

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
Edhawk, unfortunately that did not work for me, so I had to use the lilu argument.

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
Did some more tinkering...

Raine for sound in Monterey beta, I had to add -lilubetaall to my boot arguments. Then check system preferences sound output internal speakers for my green out.
Adding -lilubetaall to my boot arguments worked, fixed both my sound and my displayport issue from earlier - thanks for the tip (y)

You shouldn't need to use that boot argument as macOS Monterey and below are supposed to work with the latest version of Lilu.kext. Same goes for WhateverGreen.kext.

However, you may need to use -alcbeta as I don't think the latest version of AppleALC.kext has been set for macOS 12.
Unfortunately -alcbeta did not do anything for my system either :confused:

For reference, as far as I'm aware I'm using the most recent kexts:

AppleALC.kext 1.61
IntelMausi.kext 1.0.6
Lilu.kext 1.5.3
NVMeFix.kext 1.0.8
VirtualSMC.kext 1.2.4
WhateverGreen.kext 1.5.0

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
I did not have time to test it with Monterey but AppleALC is updated now... see release notes: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

An interesting bit of info, I was just working on upgrading my OpenCore to the new 0.7.1 and USB port mapping broke. I remapped in Hackintool and OK now. So it looks like it is not OS updates.

Last edited:

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
I did not have time to test it with Monterey but AppleALC is updated now... see release notes: https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

An interesting bit of info, I was just working on upgrading my OpenCore to the new 0.7.1 and USB port mapping broke. I remapped in Hackintool and OK now. So it looks like it is not OS updates.
(y) I also started looking into 0.7.1 this morning... then I saw your post... then I checked my kexts and sure enough - it looks like pretty much every single kext I listed above was just updated a few hours ago! Haha... one specific update I noticed from the newest Lilu kext is:

• Allow loading on macOS 12 without -lilubetaall (With adapted for macOS 12 plug-ins)
So we'll see how this works out. I have my machine downloading all of the updated kexts now (remotely) but I won't be able to test them until later in the evening when I get back home :)

EDIT: I kinda wish this whole conversation was separated from the main thread...

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
It works I just tested on the installer thumb drive for Monterey and also I did not have to disable SecureBootMode.

Yes, sorry we kinda got off port mapping there.

Last edited:

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
It works I just tested on the installer thumb drive for Monterey and also I did not have to disable SecureBootMode.

Yes, sorry we kinda got off port mapping there.
Just updated all kexts, I can confirm everything is also working again - both on my daily Big Sur Hackintosh Deluxe SSD as well as my Monterey PB1 test SSD :)

I've since removed "-lilubetaall" from my boot args.

macOS
Mobo
X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820k
GPU
RX 580
Hello, thanks for the guide, but I can't find a way to have USB 3 working on Big Sur 11.4. don't understand what's going on. I did an USBmap.kext on mojave and it's fully working, but not on 11.4. I'm on a X99 platform. Any idea?

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
Hello, thanks for the guide, but I can't find a way to have USB 3 working on Big Sur 11.4. don't understand what's going on. I did an USBmap.kext on mojave and it's fully working, but not on 11.4. I'm on a X99 platform. Any idea?
You just said it - your USBmap is from Mojave, not Big Sur.

The USB mapping somehow changed when 11.3 was released - that's the whole point why this thread exists. So the first thing you should do is to make a new USBmap from within Big Sur <11.3... not Mojave.

macOS
Mobo
X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820k
GPU
RX 580
You just said it - your USBmap is from Mojave, not Big Sur.

The USB mapping somehow changed when 11.3 was released - that's the whole point why this thread exists. So the first thing you should do is to make a new USBmap from within Big Sur <11.3... not Mojave.
Well sorry, did not understood that, thanks. I though a usb map was only hardware related. Thanks.

Raine

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370n WiFi
CPU
Core i5-8400
GPU
Radeon RX-570
Well sorry, did not understood that, thanks. I though a usb map was only hardware related. Thanks.
No worries... just make sure you start with a lower version of Big Sur (not 11.3 or 11.4).

macOS
Mobo
X99-UD4
CPU
i7-5820k
GPU
RX 580
So now I'm on Big Sur 11.2.3, with USBInjectAll.kext + XHCIPortLimit=1, on Hackintool:
  • When I plug a USB2 device, it activates a USB2 port
  • When I plug a USB3 device on a USB3 port, it activates nothing, I can access this device on the finder at USB2 speed
  • When I plug a USB3 device on a USB2 port, it activates a USB2 port
No way to have USB3 working, just like in Big Sur 11.4.
I've tried to create a USB map kext including my SS0X ports showed by Hackintool, the map seems to work (unactivated port are off), but USB3 still not working.
I've tried to remove the XHCI-unsupported.kext, no difference.

I must be missing something but what?

X99-UD4
Big Sur 11.2.3
Opencore 0.7.1
All kexts up to date

EDIT: Attached some files

Attachments

Last edited: