Gygabyte Z97 Hd3 Version, is there any possibility to upgrade...sierra to catalina

macOS
Mobo
Gygabyte
CPU
Core i5
GPU
Gtx 660
my current Hackintosh runs in sierra version, which I build through this website help....

as a video editor, i am facing update issues right now... and also i cant use new version adobe in sierra... so i need to upgrade... though I can't upgrade my hardware... can you please help me to build a EFI for install catalina in Gygabyte z97 hd3 motherboard, core i5 processor and gygabyte gtx 660 video card.

is there any possibility to upgrade these kind of spec...?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Depends on the Nvidia GTX 660. Which version is the card GK104 or GK106?

The GK104 works well in Mojave and Catalina, while the GK106 card suffers with some graphical artefacts.

the Z97 mother board will work with any version of macOS since mountain Lion all the way through to Catalina.

Catalina needs some additional fixes the most notable being the addition of an SSDT-EC.aml in the /CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. This should be created using CorpNewt’s SSDTTime script and the DSDT from your system..

If you post a copy of your current CLOVER folder including a copy of the ACPI tables from your system I can create a Clover folder for Catalina.

To extract the ACPI tables you need to press the F4 key while on the Clover boot screen. This will save the tables to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on your macOS or USB drive, which ever you are using to boot the system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Just to confirm I currently have a Z97-D3H and i7-4790K system running macOS Catalina. So it is definitely worth doing with your i5 and Z97-HD3 system.

macOS
Mobo
Gygabyte
CPU
Core i5
GPU
Gtx 660
Hello Edhawk , thanks for response....

my graphics version Nvidia GTX 660 (GK106)... i am attaching my hardware details and efi folder and acpi info.... for create clover for catalina... please knock me if other info needed...

another help bro: in the past, I can have used three monitors, but recently I don't know what's the problem, two monitor working in my hackintosh (sierra 10.12.6 version)...another one don't working... however there is no problem with the windows version, i can used three monitor... any kext needed to update?

thanks in advance... hope your not angry :):cool:

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No ACPI tables present in the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder, so I can't create the SSDT's required for your system to run macOS Catalina.

You need to update the version of Clover you are running, as your current version is not compatible with macOS Catalina. You need to use a recent version, Clover_r5100 or newer. can be downloaded from this site - https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/releases

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to use when installing macOS Catalina. It has been tailored specifically for Catalina with your motherboard and i5-4590 CPU.

I would recommend the following:
  1. Make a backup/clone of your current High Sierra drive before you upgrade to Catalina.
  2. Disconnect or Remove all other drives from the system during the upgrade.
  3. Update the version of Clover you are running, as mentioned in the post above.
  4. Do not change the contents of the CLOVER folder, its sub-folders or the config.plist.
I have changed the SMBIOS in the attached config.plist to an iMac 15.1, as this is a better match to your i5-4590 CPU.

Let me know if you get stuck at any point and we can tweak the CLOVER folder to suit.

Attachments

macOS
Mobo
Gygabyte
CPU
Core i5
GPU
Gtx 660
dear Edhawk
if i update my colver version, then there is any lag create in my current mac version (SIERRA 10.12.6)

DO I RESEND YOU THE UPDATE CLOVER...?

my system running sierra, not high sierra.... i want fresh install catalina in new ssd...is it possible...? or can i upgrade sierra to catalina....? actually I never upgrade.... my hdd partition based on sierra...not high sierra....
what do i do now...?

thanks for your cooperation

PS: please see the attach file, which one i checked, package or cloverx64.efi?

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
It doesn’t matter if you are upgrading from Sierra or High Sierra, especially if you plan to do a clean installation on an SSD.

Just create your USB installation drive with the Catalina macOS installation application. Then after you have installed Clover to the EFI partition on the USB, replace the CLOVER folder on the USB with the one I provided.

macOS
Mobo
Gygabyte
CPU
Core i5
GPU
Gtx 660

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You are stuck at which point, Pressing the F4 key while on the Clover boot screen?

What does extracting the ACPI tables and creating an SSDT-EC.aml have to do with your problem creating a USB installer?

macOS
Mobo
Gygabyte
CPU
Core i5
GPU
Gtx 660
pressing the f4 key while on the clover boot screen... but nothing happen anything... no bootloader screen

Latest posts