macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 7700k 4.2 GHZ
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
I recently got a Radeon RX 570 GPU and a Pro Tools HDX Card. I download the WhateverGreen and Lilu Kexts. The issue I am having is that I set up my Gigabyte z170 gaming 7 in the bios as recommend and it works fine never issues but when I switch to PCIe Slot 1 for Graphics and Disable Internal Graphics I end up with a blank screen and have to reset bios then just use the internal graphics card. With the HDX card in the PCIe slot 2, it starts but when I try to play audio it freezes and won't play. Because I am having issues with the GPU I am thinking these issues may be related in some way.

I am hoping one of you wizards can help me out.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Can you post a copy of your Whole CLOVER folder, as your config.plist is lacking quite a few common elements, I am thinking the CLOVER sub-folders may be the same.

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Also can you confirm which version of macOS Sierra you are running, assumed Sierra 10.12.6.

Last edited:

m_atrix13

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 7700k 4.2 GHZ
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
Can you post a copy of your Whole CLOVER folder, as your config.plist is lacking quite a few common elements, I am thinking the CLOVER sub-folders may be the same.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Here is a revised CLOVER folder for you to try.

I would recommend that you create a USB pen drive with CLOVER installed in UEFI mode. on the USB. Copy the CLOVER folder I have provided to the Pen Drive and boot your system using the USB.

Here is a screenshot guide for you to follow:

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 12.58.24.png Use Disk Utility to Erase and format a USB pen drive, any size will do.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.07.29.png Download and open recent version of CLOVER

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.23.png Select Continue button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.31.png Select Continue button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.43.png Select Continue button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.04.png Select 'Change Install Location' button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.08.56.png Make sure you select the Clover-USB, select the Continue button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.04.png Select the Customise Button

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.18.png Select the top two options, rest don't matter, then select Install

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.09.34.png Enter your password when prompted, then select Install Software

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.10.58.png Close Clover installer when completed.

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.14.png You should have two icons on your desktop, the Clover and EFI partition icons from the USB

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.27.png Open the EFI partition, open the EFI folder

Screenshot 2020-02-04 at 13.11.36.png Replace the CLOVER folder on the USB with the one I provided.

Simple!

Now boot your system using the USB, to do this you need to press F12 when you see the Bios/Motherboard splash screen. This will take you to a boot option menu, select the UEFI partition for the USB drive. This will boot your system from the USB and the new CLOVER folder. You will be able to tell it is not your normal boot process as the Clover boot theme will be different (MacOSX not Tonymacx86).

screenshot0.png MacOSX Clover boot screen (taken from my iMac 1 system)

If you see the Tonymacx86 boot screen then you have not booted from the USB. Restart your system and try booting form the USB again.

If you get to the MacOSX boot screen and the boot fails, which it might, take a picture of the place where the Verbose text stops. Post a copy of the photo here. As I may need to tweak the CLOVER folder to resolve any issues this raises.

If you get to the macOS desktop, great!

Then I want you to do the following:
  1. Download and open either the Hackintool app or Clover Configurator app, copies of both are attached.
  2. Navigate to the Logs tab in Hackintool, or he Boot Log tab (Clover Configurator) and save a copy of the Bootlog file,
    • Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 22.35.07.png Hackintool Logs tab, copy and paste the text to a TextEdit doc.
    • Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 22.35.23.png Clover Configurator Boot Log tab, Select 'Generate' and save to desktop
  3. Compress it and post a copy of your Bootlog here.
Then we will see what needs tweaking to get your system running as well as it can.

You will need to look at creating an SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system, so your USB ports are configured correctly. Here is a guide showing how to go about this process - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Attachments

m_atrix13

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 7700k 4.2 GHZ
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
Here is a revised CLOVER folder for you to try.

I would recommend that you create a USB pen drive with CLOVER installed in UEFI mode. on the USB. Copy the CLOVER folder I have provided to the Pen Drive and boot your system using the USB.

Here is a screenshot guide for you to follow:

View attachment 7782 Use Disk Utility to Erase and format a USB pen drive, any size will do.

View attachment 7770 Download and open recent version of CLOVER

View attachment 7771 Select Continue button

View attachment 7772 Select Continue button

View attachment 7773 Select Continue button

View attachment 7775 Select 'Change Install Location' button

View attachment 7774 Make sure you select the Clover-USB, select the Continue button

View attachment 7775 Select the Customise Button

View attachment 7776 Select the top two options, rest don't matter, then select Install

View attachment 7777 Enter your password when prompted, then select Install Software

View attachment 7778 Close Clover installer when completed.

View attachment 7779 You should have two icons on your desktop, the Clover and EFI partition icons from the USB

View attachment 7780 Open the EFI partition, open the EFI folder

View attachment 7781 Replace the CLOVER folder on the USB with the one I provided.

Simple!

Now boot your system using the USB, to do this you need to press F12 when you see the Bios/Motherboard splash screen. This will take you to a boot option menu, select the UEFI partition for the USB drive. This will boot your system from the USB and the new CLOVER folder. You will be able to tell it is not your normal boot process as the Clover boot theme will be different (MacOSX not Tonymacx86).

View attachment 7785 MacOSX Clover boot screen (taken from my iMac 1 system)

If you see the Tonymacx86 boot screen then you have not booted from the USB. Restart your system and try booting form the USB again.

If you get to the MacOSX boot screen and the boot fails, which it might, take a picture of the place where the Verbose text stops. Post a copy of the photo here. As I may need to tweak the CLOVER folder to resolve any issues this raises.

If you get to the macOS desktop, great!

Then I want you to do the following:
  1. Download and open either the Hackintool app or Clover Configurator app, copies of both are attached.
  2. Navigate to the Logs tab in Hackintool, or he Boot Log tab (Clover Configurator) and save a copy of the Bootlog file,
  3. Compress it and post a copy of your Bootlog here.
Then we will see what needs tweaking to get your system running as well as it can.

You will need to look at creating an SSDT-UIAC.aml for your system, so your USB ports are configured correctly. Here is a guide showing how to go about this process - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/
here is a picture of where is stopped in verbose mode

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
That appears to be be an Intel GPU issue, as far as I can tell from the verbose text.

Try this config-v2.plist with the CLOVER folder I provided previously.

I have made the following changes:

Deleted:
  • Devices > Properties - Intel GPU entries
  • Graphics - EDID=true (mistakenly entered in previous config.plist)
Added:
  • Graphics: ig-platform-id=0x59120003 (for Kaby Lake HD 630 with SMBIOS iMac 18.3)
Rename config-v2.plist to config.plist when you add it to the CLOVER folder, otherwise Clover will not use the new config.

Attachments

m_atrix13

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 7700k 4.2 GHZ
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
That appears to be be an Intel GPU issue, as far as I can tell from the verbose text.

Try this config-v2.plist with the CLOVER folder I provided previously.

I have made the following changes:

Deleted:
  • Devices > Properties - Intel GPU entries
  • Graphics - EDID=true (mistakenly entered in previous config.plist)
Added:
  • Graphics: ig-platform-id=0x59120003 (for Kaby Lake HD 630 with SMBIOS iMac 18.3)
Rename config-v2.plist to config.plist when you add it to the CLOVER folder, otherwise Clover will not use the new config.

even with the new config it stops at the same spot

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
What exactly is happening when you use the revised config.plist from post #8?

Is your system causing a kernel panic at the same point as your system stopped with your original and my revised config.plist & Clover folder from post #6?

or

You can boot to the desktop and are seeing the message you posted above in post #10.

It can't be both.

With regards the error message click cancel

m_atrix13

macOS
10.12.x
Mobo
Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7
CPU
i7 7700k 4.2 GHZ
GPU
EVGA GTX 950
What exactly is happening when you use the revised config.plist from post #8?

Is your system causing a kernel panic at the same point as your system stopped with your original and my revised config.plist & Clover folder from post #6?

or

You can boot to the desktop and are seeing the message you posted above in post #10.

It can't be both.

With regards the error message click cancel
I can still boot up with my original config.plist but get that error now when I boot and I just hit cancel.

When I try booting from the USB with the new config.plist that you revised I still end up in the same spot in the verbose menu.