HDD Not working (solved)

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z68 Ap D3 Rev.1
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
GPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560OC
Hai, I have install Mojave on my Hacintosh. It is working good. I am using SSD for the boot.. I have two more Internal SATA HDD. When I connect them to and boot to Mojave, after booting it became Uninitialise. System can not initialise it. If I boot from SATA HDD, it is booting and working perfectly.. But Mojave is not reading it.. please help

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
How are the two Hard drives formatted - FAT32, NTFS, HFS+ or APFS?

I assume the Mojave SSD is formatted APFS GUID/GPT.

Do you have any drivers installed so you can read/write to other types of Hard drives, i.e. those not formatted as either HFS+ or APFS? Something along the lines of Paragon Software's NTFS for Mac - https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z68 Ap D3 Rev.1
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
GPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560OC
How are the two Hard drives formatted - FAT32, NTFS, HFS+ or APFS?

I assume the Mojave SSD is formatted APFS GUID/GPT.

Do you have any drivers installed so you can read/write to other types of Hard drives, i.e. those not formatted as either HFS+ or APFS? Something along the lines of Paragon Software's NTFS for Mac - https://www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-mac/
one of my HDD is format with HFS partition with Sierra OS installed and another one is formatted with NTFS Partition with Windows 7 Installed... I have installed Tuxera NTFS 2019 also but not able to get both of HDs. They became Uninitialized when I connect them and boot my Mojave SSD.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The only thing I think it can be is the Mojave OS not reading the drives correctly. I'm not sure why this is the case or if there is a fix for correcting how Mojave reads the other two drives.

The High Sierra HFS+ drive should be recognised and work with no issues, macOS to macOS drives, even if one is HFS+ and the other APFS.

The Win7 NTFS drive on the other hand is not as straightforward. While it should be recognised by macOS and the Tuxera NTFS driver, it is unlikely to be mounted by Mojave. As it is probably an MBR 'Legacy' formatted drive not a GUID GPT drive.

Is the Tuxera app seeing and mounting the Win7 NTFS drive when you boot in to macOS High Sierra?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z68 Ap D3 Rev.1
CPU
Intel i5 2500k
GPU
Gigabyte Radeon RX 560OC
The only thing I think it can be is the Mojave OS not reading the drives correctly. I'm not sure why this is the case or if there is a fix for correcting how Mojave reads the other two drives.

The High Sierra HFS+ drive should be recognised and work with no issues, macOS to macOS drives, even if one is HFS+ and the other APFS.

The Win7 NTFS drive on the other hand is not as straightforward. While it should be recognised by macOS and the Tuxera NTFS driver, it is unlikely to be mounted by Mojave. As it is probably an MBR 'Legacy' formatted drive not a GUID GPT drive.

Is the Tuxera app seeing and mounting the Win7 NTFS drive when you boot in to macOS High Sierra?
Thanks for the help... I format in APFS and now both are working in Mojave..

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OK, marked as solved.

Latest posts