nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
Shouldn't cause any issues, as you should be booting from a different bootloader. How did you select the USB drive when you booted your system?
  • Did you press F12 at the Motherboard splash screen?
    • Pressing this key should show the Boot option list, when using a Gigabyte board.
  • Selecting the UEFI partition on the USB should then boot Clover,
    • It should ignore your OpenCore bootloader for this one boot.
  • Booting to the Clover boot screen should allow you to extract the ACPI tables by pressing F4.
    • You would then need to shutdown your system and remove the USB
  • Restart your system to boot with your normal OC bootloader.
I just tried again with the clover bootloader - I pressed F4 on the clover screen and then rebooted with OC -- checked both the USB EFI and also the OC EFI under ACPI but nothing

Is there any other information that I can pull for you that might be helpful -- attached is the full 'log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"' log incase that might help

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
  1. You need to boot your system,
  2. When are on the desktop, plug in the CLOVER USB drive,
  3. Mount the EFI partition on the USB drive, and
  4. Then navigate to the CLOVER/ACPI folder to copy the origin folder.
This will be the location ACPI tables were saved, if you followed the instructions I gave above.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
This will be the location ACPI tables were saved, if you followed the instructions I gave above.
Okay I found a dumplog... attaching

Attachments

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
I have also tried using USBMAP kext file and removing the USBINJECTALL and SSDT from boot however I’m still having the same issues ... could it possibly be an incorrect port type defined?

I'm also confused why Hackintool is showing all of these ports being currently active

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 11.13.07 AM.png

(SS07 is also showing active)

HS01 - Front Panel USB-C port - I do not currently have anything plugged into this
HS05 - Front Panel USB 3.0 Port - I do not currently have anything plugged into this
HS07- nothing is currently plugged into any of the 4 ports for this
SS06 - Same as HS05 I belive - not sure what IOUSBHostDevice is
SS01 - Same as HS01
SS07 - There is currently nothing plugged into the 4 ports on the back either

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Different tool, same principle as the other USB port configuration methodologies.

You need to clear and refresh the Hackintool window as it is holding over information from a previous instance.

Also the window shows you have duplicate ports on the SSXX side. There will only be one SS01 and SS03 port. The screenshot above shows there are two ports with these names.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
Different tool, same principle as the other USB port configuration methodologies.

You need to clear and refresh the Hackintool window as it is holding over information from a previous instance.

Also the window shows you have duplicate ports on the SSXX side. There will only be one SS01 and SS03 port. The screenshot above shows there are two ports with these names.

I cleared and refreshed in Hackintool and came up with this - (I still see SS01 twice - XHC and HXC5)

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.17.53 PM.png

This is also showing incorrect ports as well for some reason. HS10 and HS11 should have the USB and Mouse plugged in currently - not sure why this is showing SS01. (This is using the USBMAP kext that I created based off your V4 file - obviously I did something wrong)

EDIT:
I just reverted back to your V4 SSDT for now.
This is the hackintool USB after clear and refresh showing proper port names again

Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 2.22.44 PM.png

Overall, still having issues with wakeups on both (SSDT v4 + USBInjectAll) and (USBMAP Kext). Not sure what else could be wrong :(

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The last screenshot looks correct as far as I can tell.

Do you have a DVD player installed? These sometimes cause more problems than they are worth, as the newer Mac's don't use them and they can cause conflicts in the OS.

If you do have a DVD installed, disconnect the power and SATA cable from the DVD, reboot and see if that makes any difference.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
The last screenshot looks correct as far as I can tell.

Do you have a DVD player installed? These sometimes cause more problems than they are worth, as the newer Mac's don't use them and they can cause conflicts in the OS.

If you do have a DVD installed, disconnect the power and SATA cable from the DVD, reboot and see if that makes any difference.
no, no DVD player, just the mouse & keyboard and WiFi/Bluetooth.
Is it possible to attach the v4 SSDT as a USBMAP kext? I read from another forum that removing the USBinjectall fixed the wake issue for someone else, but every time I try to create it, it is messed up

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You should have something similar that was exported from Hackintool > USBPorts.kext.

This kext can be amended to match the SSDT-UIAC v4 and should work the same as the USBMAP.kext. The USBPorts.kext doesn't require USBInjectAll.kext to function.

Post a copy of the USBPorts.kext and I will amend it to match the v4 SSDT.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
You should have something similar that was exported from Hackintool > USBPorts.kext.

This kext can be amended to match the SSDT-UIAC v4 and should work the same as the USBMAP.kext. The USBPorts.kext doesn't require USBInjectAll.kext to function.

Post a copy of the USBPorts.kext and I will amend it to match the v4 SSDT.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have just checked that USBPorts.kext and it matches the v4 SSDT. Have you tried adding it to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and removing/uninstalling USBinjectAll.kext?

You would also need to remove the SSDT-UIAC-v4.aml from your /CLOVERACPI/patched folder for the kext to be used. As the SSDT would be injected by Clover first and set the USB configuration for the system. The kext I believe if present would then simply be ignored.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
I have just checked that USBPorts.kext and it matches the v4 SSDT. Have you tried adding it to your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and removing/uninstalling USBinjectAll.kext?

You would also need to remove the SSDT-UIAC-v4.aml from your /CLOVERACPI/patched folder for the kext to be used. As the SSDT would be injected by Clover first and set the USB configuration for the system. The kext I believe if present would then simply be ignored.

Okay I just did that. Let’s see if that fixes it :)
Also one last question — one other thing that I noticed is that I have something plugged into the back port(SS03) (backup drive) and whenever I restart the computer, the first time it takes 45+ Minutes of no activity to go to sleep. After that it only takes the normal 5 minutes to go to sleep. Do you know why that could be? There’s no activity on it during either time

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
It will definitely be doing something, even if the activity light is not showing anything. I assume that when you don't have this drive attached the system sleeps normally.

I would expect the cause for the sleep delay to be something along the lines of the system/drive still checking & verifying the latest backup. Time Machine is more likely to cause this issue than Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
It will definitely be doing something, even if the activity light is not showing anything. I assume that when you don't have this drive attached the system sleeps normally.

I would expect the cause for the sleep delay to be something along the lines of the system/drive still checking & verifying the latest backup. Time Machine is more likely to cause this issue than Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper.
Okay I use CCC so I’ll try to see if that might be causing it. It is currently set to every Saturday so I don’t think so but I’ll check.
Also for my usb map, should the Bluetooth be listed as internal (it’s currently not)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
It is unlikely to be CCC, this type of delayed action is more common with Time Machine backups.

The only other application that might cause this type of delay to the sleep action is OneDrive, usually when it is adding or updating a large number of files to the online storage. I suppose any Cloud based storage could be the same.

nick3399

macOS
Mobo
Z390 Designare
CPU
I9 9900K
GPU
RX 5700 XT
It is unlikely to be CCC, this type of delayed action is more common with Time Machine backups.

The only other application that might cause this type of delay to the sleep action is OneDrive, usually when it is adding or updating a large number of files to the online storage. I suppose any Cloud based storage could be the same.
I don’t have time machine on though - the only way I am looking at this currently is when I restart and it is plugged in, it takes 45+ mins first time. When it’s not plugged I’m, it doesn’t.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
OK, not sure what else it could be.

Only logical solution is to not have the drive connected when it is not in use. That is probably a pain but I can't think of anything else to suggest.