Help installation OSX Sierra in Asus P8Z77-V Premium

Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
Hi everyone, I've been fascinated for a long time by the hackintosh world and I'm going to create one with the hardware in the signature that is

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V premium
CPU: i5-3470
Ram 8GB
GPU: Radeon HD7670 4GB Ram
HDD 500GB

I wanted to do a vanilla installation and I also created a USB stick with MacOSX Sierra 10.12 via virtual machine, but every time I start the flash drive it gives me the error reported in this photo.

Does anyone know what I need to configure to make the installation work and therefore my hackintosh?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
First off you have an Ivy Bridge motherboard and CPU, which should work well with OSX/macOS.

Can you confirm if the motherboard is the Asus P8Z77-V Pro/Thunderbolt, as I could not see a 'Premium' version on the Asus website.

Your graphics card is I believe a rebranded Radeon HD 6670, which is unlikely to work out of the box with OSX. You will probably need to add the device ID of your card to AMD6000Controller.kext once you have OSX/macOS installed.

You would be advised to install OSX/macOS on a separate Hard drive or SSD but if you need or want to install the OS on a drive which already contains windows be prepared for some lengthy searching and reading as you will need to understand what you are doing before you commence the OSX installation.

If you install the OS on a separate HD/SSD then following the guide on this site will get you off to a good start. You will obviously need access to a Mac or Hack to download OSX and create your USB installer.

Best of luck.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Nice looking motherboard.

You will need to be careful about which sata port you connect your OS drive to. The MB has three different sata chipsets, Intel, Marvell and Asmedia. You will want to use an Intel sata port for macOS. You will require a third party sata kext for the Marvell sata ports, the 7 series intel ports should be detected OOB. Not sure about the Asmedia sata ports

The MB has twin Intel Ethernet ports, which should work with RehabMan’s fork of the Intel Ethernet kext.

The Wi-fi/Bluetooth combo card is not likely to work, the Bluetooth may but definitely not the Intel Wi-fi. You will need to replace this with a Broadcom Wi-fi/Bluetooth card.

The MB has a Realtek ALC898 audio codec, which will work in macOS with Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext.

The MB has 6 usb 2.0 ports and 6 usb 3.1 ports/headers giving a total of 20 USB ports (the usb 3.1 ports are counted twice as they also work as usb 2.0 ports). The 2 Asmedia usb 3.1 ports may not work but the 10 Intel USB ports should be fine. You will need to create an SSDT-UIAC.aml for the Intel USB ports. But in the first instance you will need to use a patch in Clover configuration.plist to raise the USB port limit above 15 ports.

Hope this is helpful.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Last edited:
Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
hi I would need some help to configure clover configurator, clover and all the kext needed to run my hackintosh ... can someone help me?

are not up to date to properly configure clover to install osx, in fact if you look at my first post you will see that there is an image that has been posted of an error that I can not solve.

Thank you forum all

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Your Intel graphics HD 2500 will not work with the more recent macOS releases. It would probably be OK for Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks & Yosemite, as of El Capitan the HD 2500 is no longer supported. You can get CI, but not QE.

For clarity see the following:

QE = Quartz Extreme -> Info - http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/quartzextreme/
CI = Core Image -> Info. - http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/coreimage/

To get the Intel graphics to work you would need to include the following in your config.plist:
  • config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true
  • config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id=valid-ig-platform-id for HD4000 that works (likely 0x0166000a)
  • config.plist/Devices/FakeID/IntelGFX=0x01668086
other requirements would include:
  • - DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb
  • - VT-d disabled (or use dart=0)
  • - digital connection to monitor (VGA not supported)
It may be wise to disable the Intel graphics in your bios to prevent any issues and just use the discrete AMD graphics card.

If you attach your current config.plist I will have a look at amending it to include the graphics sections above and see if any other tweaks are required.

For your AMD graphics card one of the two possible device ID's for your card is already in the AMDRadeonX3000.kext. The two possible device ID's are 1002:6758 and 1002:675B, 6758 is already in the IOKitPersonalities field for your 'Turks' graphics card.

I can add the other to this kext and the AMD6000Controller.kext so your card is recognised by macOS. I am assuming you want to install High Sierra 10.13.4 on your machine.

Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
Hi Edhawk I have advised to install Sierra because high sierra has a file system young and not yet stable .. according to you with my configuration is better Sierra or High Sierra?
And is it true that the sierra high file system is young and not very stable?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
For your configuration there is no real difference between Sierra and High Sierra, both will work with your configuration.

Regarding the new Apple file system you are talking about the APFS file system. Yes it is new, yes it will change over time but it is stable for everyday use. Because it is new is not a reason to not use it.

The old Apple file system HFS is 30 years old, it is stable and very usable, but has some inherent issues, as you would expect in a 30 year old system. But to be honest in actual usage I can't see much if any difference between the two file systems.

MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 is fine to start with. Maybe you could look at upgrading to the next macOS release - 10.14.x, which will be with us at the end of the summer. But as a newbie I do not recommend you to jump in on the first new release, as you are likely to encounter some issues. Let the more practiced Hackers have a go first, let them find the issues and provide fixes/work arounds before you upgrade your machine.

In my opinion there is not a lot of difference between Sierra and High Sierra other than the new OS has the APFS file system. To be honest there is not a lot of difference between any of the last four major OSX releases. My believe is that since Yosemite 10.10.6 not a lot has changed for the OS. Apple added some USB complexity with El Capitan, they improved the AMD graphics drivers with High Sierra (for newer AMD cards, have added compatibility for newer motherboards and CPU's with each major release. My believe is that this could have been just as easily been accomplished with standard OS updates, rather than major OS changes.

Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
Hi you have asked me to post the plist file in another forum I had received a help but also with that help I could not solve the problem that you see in the image ... this is the link where to find the EFI folder of my USB flash drive (including plist file)

I hope it can be of some help.

EFI-daltanious78

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I've downloaded the folder from Dropbox and will have a look at the contents and come back with any matters I think need attention.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have made some changes to the EFI/Clover/Kext and EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folders:

I added HFSPlus.efi, deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi, and updated your apfs.efi. Even if you don't plan to use High Sierra it doesn't hurt to have this file in the drivers64UEFI folder.

I deleted the IntelCPUMonitor.kext from the EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder as I am not sure you require this when installing macOS Sierra. You can always add it to your OS drive EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other folder if you find it is necessary after installation.

I deleted the OSX numbered folders from EFI/Clover/Kexts leaving just Other in this folder.

I have amended your config.plist as follows:
  • In the ACPI section I added a number of DSDT/SSDT rename patches, common renames for OSX/macOS; I also Removed the two CPU related SSDT's from the drop table section of ACPI; I have deselected the Generate P-States and Generate C-States.
  • In the Boot section I have added dart=0 and kext_dev_mode=1, neither will hurt if not required; Selected LastBootedVolume as the Default boot volume; selected No for XMP detection; and Never Hibernate.
  • In the Devices section I have added a fake Id for your Intel graphics.
  • In the GUI section I have enabled the mouse; Selected Custom scan with Entries & tools selected; selected English (en) for the language; and added \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI, Windows, Recovery & Preboot to the hide volumes section.
  • In the Graphics section I have selected Inject Intel; and added the ig-platform-id for an Intel HD 4000 graphics, this is the id required to get your Intel graphics working.
  • In the Kernel and Kext patches section I have added three patches, one for SSD trim, one for the orange icons patch and the last patch is to increase the USB port limit above 15.
  • In the Rt Variables section I have deleted the pre-existing ROM and MLB and replaced them with UseMacAddr0 and a new MLB for an iMac 13.2 SMbios.
  • In the SMBIOS section I have changed this from an iMac 12.2 to an iMac 13.2 to match your CPU.
  • I have also checked the serial number is valid with EveryMac and via Apple support. This should prevent any possible issues getting iMessage, iCloud etc. working.
I hope this helps, let me know how you get on with this EFI folder.

Attachments

Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
Hello everyone, yesterday afternoon I tried to install Sierra on the PC and I managed unfortunately I can not make the video card work properly a radeon HD7670 4GB Ram can someone help me?

Thanks for everything

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
What are the symptoms of the card not working? Glitches/artefacts on the desktop, in programs and/or to icons? Black screen on boot?

A little bit more information would help us understand what the problem is with the AMD graphics card.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have added the device id for your graphics card (0x675b1002) to the two attached AMD kexts - AMDRadeonX3000.kext and AMD6000Controller.kext. This should enable your 'Turks' based AMD graphics card in macOS.

Install the two kexts to /System/Library/Extension using Kext Wizard or another kext installer. The two existing/original AMD kexts should automatically be backed up in the Extensions folder, should you need to revert back at any time.

You may also need to select 'Inject ATI' in the Graphics section in your config.plist.

I would also suggest you have a read of this guide/explanation over on Tonymacx86 so you have a better idea of what is possible and what difficulties you may encounter using a non-standard graphics card - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

Your 7670 is I understand a rebranded 6670, neither of which are listed on the compatibility guide.

Attachments

Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
Hello and thank you very much for your help, I wanted to ask one thing and that is that video card ATI or Nvidia with at least 2 GB. of ram you would use for your hackinto without that this created some problem.

If necessary, I replace this card.

Thanks for everything

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Personally I would recommend a 900 or 10 series Nvidia card, they work with the Nvidia webdrivers, but they are expensive.

Newer AMD cards seem to be less expensive in comparison to the Nvidia cards, and some are now supported out of the box (OOB) in 10.13.4.

From the hacks listed in my signature below you can see I have a number of 600 and 900 Nvidia cards. Only recently have the GTX660 cards caused me any issues in Sierra and High Sierra (black screen on boot). Previously they worked flawlessly OOB with the Apple Nvidia drivers.

The older 7870 AMD cards were always a bit tricky to get working fully in OSX but once up and running worked just fine. The older passive cooler 6450 2GB card worked OOB.

Mobo
Asus P8Z77-V Premium
CPU
I5.3470
GPU
Radeon HD7670
hi all, I wanted to know a nvidia gt730 for a hackintosh (I do not remember if it has 2 or 4 gb of ram) can work as well as a video card in the series 9/10?

thank you all

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
The short answer is no a 730 won’t work as well as a 900 or 10 series card.

Latest posts