Help installing Catilina

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060
Hey, I am very new to the Mackintosh game. Can you help me set mine up. I am getting stuck on the loading screen. Help with an EFI for the SN. Thanks

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
2 x Powercolor RX 580 8GB
As I stated in the other post, your Nvidia GPU will not work with macOS, ever.

There are no Nvidia Turing series drivers for macOS.

The motherboard and CPU are fine. I would recommend you try creating an installation drive for Catalina using just the Intel graphics.

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060

The motherboard and CPU are fine. I would recommend you try creating an installation drive for Catalina using just the Intel graphics.
I understand that, the trouble I’m running into is I can’t get an installer to work. If I get MacOS running I will get a 580 or 5700xt.

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060

Just saw your other post, I will try that thanks.

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060
Update: Tried doing what you said in your other reply adding the ACPI usb. No luck.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Post a copy of your current CLOVER folder so I can see what you are using to boot your system.

Also confirm which version of Catalina you are trying to install.

Check you are using the latest version of Clover when you created your USB drive. As some of the older clover installers were causing boot issues.

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060
Post a copy of your current CLOVER folder so I can see what you are using to boot your system.

Also confirm which version of Catalina you are trying to install.

Check you are using the latest version of Clover when you created your USB drive. As some of the older clover installers were causing boot issues.
I have tried many versions of clover and different config files. I have my EFIs down below so you can see everything. I'm sorry for not being as knowledgable about some of the files and what not. I have tried to do as much research as possible. I build, setup and overclock computers. Never have I done a Hackintosh. The Latest Version just downloaded from the App Store. 10.15.2. Currently I have the latest version of UniBeast for the installer. I tried 4 different versions of clover, and using open core.

It won't let me upload the file. "doesn't not have allowed extension."

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Here is a replacement CLOVER folder for you to try. It is based on a build where I helped another member, who used the same CPU.

Replace the CLOVER folder on your USB drive with this one. Use the whole folder as the config relies on and calls to the drivers, kexts and SSDT's in the other folders.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
OK, that just means you are using the wrong OsxAptio driver.

Actually looking in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder from the folder posted above in post #8 and #9, you are not using an OsxAptioFix driver, hence the kernel panic.

You need to add one of the three drivers attached below to your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.

You need to only use one of these drivers at any one time. I would start with the drivers in this order:
  1. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
  2. OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
  3. OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
Make sure to only have one of these drivers in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder at any one time. Otherwise you will introduce other issues.

Attachments

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060
Thanks. Will try tomorrow. I thought I selected it in the clover loader.

ZackM

macOS
Mobo
MSI Gaming Edge z390
CPU
GPU
RTX2060
OK, that just means you are using the wrong OsxAptio driver.

Actually looking in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder from the folder posted above in post #8 and #9, you are not using an OsxAptioFix driver, hence the kernel panic.

You need to add one of the three drivers attached below to your /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder.

You need to only use one of these drivers at any one time. I would start with the drivers in this order:
  1. OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
  2. OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi
  3. OsxAptioFixDrv.efi
Make sure to only have one of these drivers in the /CLOVER/drivers/UEFI folder at any one time. Otherwise you will introduce other issues.
Thanks for all the help again. Still no luck. Could you redirect me to a clover boot loader installer that will be compatible with what I'm doing possibly?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU

Latest posts