dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Hey all,
Sorry for a first post being a request, I have tried to do this alone but I need to ask the world for help :(

I have had a working build on High sierra which worked pretty well. It always rebooted instead of shutting down so the config was never 100% right.
I have recently removed my nvidia graphics card and am now booting into Catalina with the integrated graphics but my old config is not correct. The integrated graphics do not load any drivers and the entire system is super slugglish.
I have spent the past two days trying to sort out but it is not happy at all. I get results that range from my initial condition, to no boot at all. I guess I am conceding defeat here and am asking for some assistance.

My build is as follows:

Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7 motherboard.
32gb 3000 ram
integrated graphics

Catalina

Can anyone offer help?

Best Wishes

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Ok,... I have UHD630 working now but my display resolution is locked at 1080p and shows in a small window. My monitor is 3440x1440 but that resolution is not available.
Strangely, once or twice, I have booted into the correct resolution but mostly it is wrong.
I also opened up fcpx and experienced a system shutdown which may be related.
So I guess it’s two steps forward and two steps back here...
Progress has been made but I really need help. :)
best regards.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Post a copy of your current working CLOVER folder and let's see what you are using to boot Catalina.

Once we can see what you are using we can then look at what needs to be amended to get it running better.

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Really appreciate taking the time to help out, I honestly feel like I am close to having it all running great. In fact, this last reboot has seen the resolution options being available again. As previously stated though, this happens on and off. It is not consistent.

I will attached my clover folder for you. Thanks again :)

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I've seen this CLOVER folder before, who did you copy it from?

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
I have tried a combination of my previous folder, mixed with working builds from various forum posts on here. I think I spent 8 hours today going round and round until something worked, or was close to working.
My initial vanilla folder I still have access to but has no UHD630 acceleration.

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
I guess I kinda gave up and tried, or hoped I would stumble upon somebodies clover folder which matched my build. I wouldn’t usually do this but I am pretty stressed after today.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Try the attached CLOVER folder it should be a better match with your system.

Attachments

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Thank you so much for helping out Edhawk, it’s really appreciated.
It’s getting late here now and I'm going to bed. I will test and report back in the morning. Thanks again for taking time out to offer help. Best regards, Daz

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Hi Edhawk,.. I have just tried the CLOVER folder you provided. It boots much much smoother now. Thank you for the help, I still do not seem to be given correct resolution options though in display settings. Screen shot attached.

Also, I have to disconnect and reconnect my keyboard once desktop is displayed for any functionality. ?

Attachments

Last edited:

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Also had one or two random system freeze's when I am transferring files in finder window. :cry:

Last edited:

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Hi, I wanted to come back to post current results.

I figured if I found the right combination between my previous clover folder and the one provided by Edhawk then I might be able to get everything working... It has worked so far.

I have everything working now, including 3440x1440 resolution via HDMI on uhd630 graphics.

I am experiencing a few system shutdowns though.. still seems to be related to when I am moving files around in finder.

Anyway, thanks so much for all the help so far, I could not have done it without this forum. :)

Best Regards

dazzlaa

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte Z370 gaming 7
CPU
GPU
igpu
Hi Edhawk,
Would you care to offer some help again? It is related to the sudden shutdowns I am experiencing. I get no “your mac has restarted due to an error” messages upon reboot.
the system does all work ok generally, full graphics acceleration, correct resolution and hdmi audio all working, the shutdowns are a pain though and I don’t know how to debug it
Considering starting again but it’s been such an effort to get this far :)
Regards