hacklovin

macOS
Mobo
AORUS Z390 Pro
CPU
I3-8100
GPU
Radeon RX570
Might be unrelated, but have you tried setting your CPU Frequency and Bus Speed? I had a persistent intermittent "freeze" that was attributed to Clover incorrectly defaulting these settings. If you set them in Clover Configurator under Cpu (pretty sure the i7 8700 is at a frequency of 3200 and 100000 bus speed), it will prevent Clover from incorrectly deriving the values.

Lumikor

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
Core I7 8700
GPU
MSI Vega 64
Might be unrelated, but have you tried setting your CPU Frequency and Bus Speed? I had a persistent intermittent "freeze" that was attributed to Clover incorrectly defaulting these settings. If you set them in Clover Configurator under Cpu (pretty sure the i7 8700 is at a frequency of 3200 and 100000 bus speed), it will prevent Clover from incorrectly deriving the values.
Nope, Clover is detecting the cpu right, it's something with the Vega 64 and I can't figure out what. Reinstalling didn't helped.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I have a attached a revised CLOVER folder for you to try. See if using this CLOVER folder helps.

Use the whole CLOVER folder not just parts of it.
  1. You need to add your Serial Number, Board Serial Number etc. back in to the revised config.plist.
  2. The config calls a number of SSDT's which I have placed in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.
  3. The SSDT-EC, SSDT-HPET and SSDT-PLUG were all generated with Corpnewt's SSDTTime script from your DSDT.
  4. The SSDT-Vega56-FBName-Kamarang will hopefully sort out any issues you were having with your dGPU.
  5. I have added and removed a number of patches, fixes and settings in the config.plist, which I have based on previous experience and the devices found in your DSDT.aml
You may want to install a recent edition of Clover to a spare USB drive, and then copy the attached CLOVER folder to the USB's /EFI/EFI folder, rather than simply replacing your current CLOVER folder on your macOS drive.

The CLOVER folder includes a different Clover theme, so you know you are booting the correct CLOVER folder if you see the MacOSX boot theme in place of the Olarila animation theme.

Let me know how you get on with this CLOVER folder. It may need some tweaking to get it 100% right.

Additionally:
You need to look at creating/mapping your system's USB ports so you are not reliant on the USB port limit patches. As this could be part of the problem you are seeing. The Port limit patches are only a temporary fix, they are not to be used long-term.

Here is a fairly straightforward guide for you to follow, it has been created by UtterDisbelief over at Tonymacx86 - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Attachments

Lumikor

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
Core I7 8700
GPU
MSI Vega 64
Hi, it works better now, but i;m still getting vdadecoder failed. tried to inject intel is on with device properties set right.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You don’t need inject Intel = true, if you are using Whatevergree.kext. With WEG you should be using a ‘headless’ framebuffer for a Coffee Lake IGPU, 03009B3E being the default framebuffer for a desktop system.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I can't download the config.plist.

The link you provided brings me to a sign in page, not a page where I can download the config.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Nope, links to the same Google Drive sign in page.

Why don't you compress (zip) the config and attach it to a post here.

While you are at it you should include your whole CLOVER folder, as the drivers, kexts etc you are using are just as important when it comes to troubleshooting macOS issues.

You should also include a copy of your ACPI tables, which can be obtained by pressing the F4 key while on the Clover boot screen. The tables will be saved to the /CLOVER/ACPI/origin folder on your macOS drive or USB Drive, whichever you are using to boot the system.

Lumikor

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
Core I7 8700
GPU
MSI Vega 64
Trying again. My main issue is vdadecoder failed, but if you can help me with more optimisations (if needed) that will be great.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I'll have a look at this later this evening and get back to you with any changes I think are required.

Lumikor

macOS
Mobo
Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
Core I7 8700
GPU
MSI Vega 64
Ok, so I've managed to fix the vdadecoder failed and the system works much smoother now with everything almost like the real thing. The only problem I have is that sometimes the system hangs for few seconds while using METAL API apps.

Is there any farther optimisation I can do for the system?
Attached is the current clover

Attachments