Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
So as it stands you have Big Sur partially installed, but no way to proceed with the remainder of the installation, yes?

You may need to wipe the drive that currently contains the unfinished Big Sur installation, and start again.

Might be worth looking at re-creating your Big Sur installation USB too, i.e. remove the installer from your Mac or other hack, download a new Big Sur installation application, and after erasing the USB drive installing Big Sur installation application to the USB drive. Just to make sure the Installer is not causing some of your issues.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
NVIDIA GTX 1650 super + Intel UHD Graphics 630
Thats what i have done, i formatted both usb drive and the partition and i made new installer

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
i think its related to some kext causing the crash, maybe the usb mapper or idk how can i use USBInjectAll.kext to test it out ? or its not recommanded

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
Finally it works :eek:
i tried the USBInjectAll.kext and it works perfectly, what should i do after the installation is done ? how do i update my kext files or the config? can i put my gpu now ? or there is something need to do before that ?

edit :
when i boot into macOs partition and i mount the ufi partition it shows only SYSTEM partition wish is created from windows there is two folders inside SYSTEM/EFI : Boot and Microsoft folders and there is nothing about macOs bootloader

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
What works, the OC bootloader or the Wizard for installing Big Sur?

Until you copy the OpenCore EFI folder from your USB installer to the EFI partition on your Big Sur drive, you have to keep using the USB installer to boot the system. You know this, yes?

To add the OpenCore EFI folder to your macOS Big Sur drive you need to mount the EFI Partition on the Big Sur drive. You can do this once you are able to boot in to Big Sur.

Mounting the partition the easy way would be using the Hackintool (Disk tab):
  • Just select the up/down arrow highlighted in the screen shot below, well the one adjacent to the Big Sur drive.
    • Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 19.55.48.png Hackintool App > Disk tab
Alternative method is to use these Terminal commands:
  • To list all volumes (partitions), use diskutil list
  • This will bring up a list of all the drives and partitions under each drive installed and connected in your system.
  • Find the number and disk partition for your Big Sur EFI Partition, see screenshot below:
    • Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 19.50.23.png Terminal window showing disks in my system
    • DiskIdentifier and DeviceNode are highlighted in red rectangle
    • VolumeName is highlighted in a cyan rectangle
  • To mount a volume, you need to use this command:
    • sudo diskutil mount DiskIdentifier|DeviceNode|VolumeName
  • Should look something like this - sudo diskutil mount /dev/disk0s1 (if your Big Sur drive is disk 0)

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
I finished installing Big sur so yeah the wizard but when i used MountEFI to get the EFI partition, it shows only windows boot manager there is no APPLE folder, i will try the Hackintool app later.
i replaced the egpu Nvidia one and switched the igpu to enabled like what you mentioned in post #9 but macOs crashes (unsupported pch)
ps : hdmi cable works only on Nvidia card because its the primary one

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
i can't use my enabled IGFX as a primary when the gpu installed on the mobo any idea? :(

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Can you confirm if the following correct:
  • Your IGPU is enabled in the Bios.
  • Your Nvidia Card is set as the default graphics card in the bios, used only in Windows.
  • Your display is connected to your IGPU and your Nvidia card, through two different connections, i.e. one on DP the other on DVI or HDMI, or similar setup.
  • You can switch between the two connections using the menu on your monitor.
  • Your macOS drive is set to be the default/priority boot drive in your bios.
  • You are currently still booting from the USB installer, as you have yet to install/copy the OpenCore EFI folder from your USB to the EFI Partition on your macOS drive.
  • You have your IGPU set with a framebuffer that enables the IGPU to drive a display.
  • What connection & cable are you using to display the IGPU image, DisplayPort or HDMI?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
  • Your IGPU is enabled in the Bios. (yes)
  • Your Nvidia Card is set as the default graphics card in the bios, used only in Windows. (yes its just for windows)
  • Your display is connected to your IGPU and your Nvidia card, through two different connections, i.e. one on DP the other on DVI or HDMI, or similar setup. (no i have only one cable right now)
  • You can switch between the two connections using the menu on your monitor. (yes)
  • Your macOS drive is set to be the default/priority boot drive in your bios. (yes)
  • You are currently still booting from the USB installer, as you have yet to install/copy the OpenCore EFI folder from your USB to the EFI Partition on your macOS drive. (still with usb)
  • You have your IGPU set with a framebuffer that enables the IGPU to drive a display. (it worked directly when there is no gpu Nvidia no need to set this right ?)
  • What connection & cable are you using to display the IGPU image, DisplayPort or HDMI? (HDMI)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
So you are unplugging the cable from the Nvidia card and plugging it in to the motherboard HDMI port when you look to use macOS, yes?

You definitely need to be using a compatible Framebuffer for the IGPU to work. Without one you are unlikely to have acceleration or a good resolution on the display, when using the IGPU.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 14.26.22.png

Does you display have the option to use a DisplayPort or a DVI connection, or a second HDMI connection?

As it would be better for you to have the two graphics cards, Nvidia and IGPU, working on separate cables and through separate connections on the display. So you don't have to keep unplugging and replugging the HDMI cable in to the two connectors. Easiest way to damage a port or the cable is by repeatedly unplugging and replugging the cable.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
yes i'm switching the cable between ports, idk about the framebuffer i took the IGPU config from another guy has the same CPU.

My display screen has HDMI + VGA ports

The problem is none of my motherboard and GPU have a VGA port i'm thinking to buy an adapter HDMI to VGA what do you thing is it worth to try ? or maybe a DisplayPort to VGA idk yet

edit : here is my config and it works wit IGPU only

Attachments

Last edited:

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Do not use a VGA adapter, they are more prone to problems than HDMI connections, as Apple never used them on any of their systems. Some people are lucky and the VGA connector is identified as a supported DisplayPort connector. Others not so lucky and have lots of issues.

While this is not what you want to hear, I think you would be better off replacing the Nvidia card with a compatible AMD card, or even an old Nvidia Kepler card. Your GTX 1650 Super will never work with macOS and will continue to cause issues. The reason I suggested a Kepler series card is that any recent AMD cards are prohibitively expensive, if they can be sourced at all.

The majority of the old Kepler series of Nvidia cards are still supported in macOS Big Sur. See this link for a list of the supported Nvidia cards: https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/nvidia-gpu.html

I would also recommend you have a read of this Intel HD FAQ manual from the WhateverGreen GitHub repository - https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Any luck getting an answer to your post over at Tonymacx86?

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
Yes VGA adapter didnt work for me. am going to sell my Nvidia and get a compatible AMD if i can get one these days. I give up :(

No luckto get an answer at Tonymacx86 too xD

Well, i really appreciate your help and time thank you. You deserve a donation xD

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
That being the case you might want to look at a second-hand RX580 or RX5700 XT from eBay or similar, as the price of New AMD cards have gone through the roof!

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
Hello, i found this GPU ASUS Tuf Strix RX570 8G Gaming is it good choice ?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Should work as drivers are native to macOS.

you will need to have Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext installed plus use the RadeonDeInit=true graphics option in Clover, or an SSDT-Radeo-DeInit.aml in OpenCore.

Use a DisplayPort cable and connection on your monitor if possible, that way you are less likely to run in to any issues.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
Hello, my setup is working now but i have EFI issue
my problem is that i don't have Apple folder for opencore after installation, should i override the these folders?

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
No, the Apple folder will be created when you run an update for macOS, it is not an essential part of the OC folder setup.

macOS
Mobo
Gigabyte B460M Aorus Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 10400
GPU
How can i handle this with one EFI partition i wanna copy my opencore EFI to disk and without harming the windows bootloader

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

Latest posts