I would like to setup a hackintosh on my ILLEGEAR laptop but new in it. NEED HELP!!!

Hi guys, I'm interested in having a hackintosh in laptop and I'm planning to install High Sierra because of my that's the only Mac OS that supports GTX 1050TI. Please guide me through and if possible teach me as well :) Let me know what you need like my drivers, hardware etc... Thanks mate :)

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You need to provide the following information:
  1. CPU make and model
  2. Motherboard make and model
  3. Graphics card make and model - Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
  4. HD/SSD/NVME drive make and model
You need access to a real Mac or a Hack in order to download High Sierra and create the Clover USB installer.

Hi,
For my audio codex it's HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1D051052&REV_1002. Most likely it's ALC269. Here's the list of my laptop specifications. Let me know what else you need :)
AUDIO.png
CPU AND HARD DRIVE.png
CPU.png
GPU.png
MOBO.png

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Thanks, but I have another question:
  • What is the make and model of your laptop?
Just so you know you will not be able to use the Nvidia GTX 1050Ti dGPU with macOS on your Laptop. You will need to use the Intel HD630 IGPU for all graphics work.

Desktop systems/read Apple iMac or Mac Pro's work differently and allow both GPU's to work.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Ok, I have had a look at the specifications and drivers for your Laptop and can confirm that it uses a Realtek ethernet port, Realtek Audio, Intel USB/chipset. So I can put together a CLOVER folder for you.

I will provide the CLOVER folder later this evening.

But isn't it hard for ALC 269 to get the audio? And one more thing, I won't be able to use my bluetooth and WIFI right if I'm not mistaken? As I have read a few forums as well regarding about the support for the hardware.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You won't be able to use the WiFi/BT but you can change it for a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

I would install Mojave as it is likely to work better with your CPU/IGPU combination.

If you are planning to dual boot Windows and macOS, I would recommend removing your current Windows drive before you install macOS. Your macOS drive will need to be the priority drive in your bios. You will also need to make changes to your bios to get your laptop to work with macOS.

Change the following settings in your bios:
  1. Virtualization : Enabled
  2. VT-d : Disabled
  3. XHCI Hand-Off : Enabled
  4. Legacy USB Support: Auto/Enabled
  5. IO SerialPort : Disabled
  6. Network Stack : Disabled
  7. XMP Profile : Auto / Profile 1/Enabled
  8. UEFI Booting set to Enabled and set Priority over Legacy
  9. Secure Boot : Disabled
  10. Fast Boot : Disabled
  11. OS Type: Other OS
  12. Wake on LAN : Disabled
Based on the GPU you’re using change the following settings:

Intel iGPU:
  1. Integrated Graphics : Enabled
  2. Graphics: IGD/Integrated/iGPU/CPU Graphics
  3. DVMT Pre-Allocated : 128M or higher

I will most likely install the MAC OS in another NVME SSD as I have one more slot extra. Therefore, I will set it as my primary boot so that I could boot into clover. By doing this, do I still need to touch my Windows drive?

By the way, which network manufacturer for my WIFI and Bluetooth card should I use? I'm using Intel AC9560 now, is there any similar ones which are supported?

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
It shouldn't effect your windows drive.

I think the most common replacement WiFi/BT card is the Broadcom BCM94352Z, as it is also an M.2 card and should fit in the existing connector in your laptop, it also only has two antenna connectors. This card is also called a Dell DW1560, there may be other cards of this nature that will work.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Yes. You will need to find one that has drivers for macOS Mojave.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
You can use the UniBeast app to create your USB, if you are ok with that method.

I am not sure I would use MultiBeast for the post install section on a laptop myself, as it is not as flexible as the manual Clover install process. However, if you find using MultiBeast works for you, then go with it.

Just remember that you may need to edit the config.plist and possibly change the drivers that MultiBeast installs to your CLOVER folder, before you install macOS Mojave.

I still plan to provide a CLOVER folder for your system, hopefully it will work and you can use it on the USB and then on your NVME drive.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
I will provide you with an edited config.plist as well as a CLOVER folder that should contain all the necessary drivers, kexts etc.

The only thing I cannot do is provide you with a patched DSDT. Which can alleviate a lot of issues with laptop Hacks. As these take time and patience to get right, you also need the laptop available to try different patches to see if it works or borks the system.

You will also need to sort out your USB ports with a permanent solution, either a SSDT or USBPorts.kext that is specific to your laptop. Again you need the physical laptop to hand to do the necessary testing and logging of the various USB ports correctly.

It is easy enough for me to create an SSDT-UIAC.aml for a system. but the owner needs to do all the leg work by testing the USB ports to confirm which port(s) are associated with each physical port.

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Here is a CLOVER folder you to use.

I have added the drivers and kexts I believe you system needs to boot macOS Mojave.

I have adjusted the config.plist for your CPU and IGPU, the config is one of Rehabman's for the HD630 IGPU, but with a number of additions and changes.

After you have created your USB installer using UniBeast you will need to open the EFI folder on the USB and replace the existing CLOVER folder with the one attached below.

Give it a try and let's see what happens.

Attachments

Latest posts