i5-8400 trying to get UHD 630 to work with 10.13.6

TRGB

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
macOS
10.13.6
Mobo
gigabyte h370 d3h
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
UHD 630
#1
I've been trying for a few days to get this working, and I'm almost there...
The system boots normally (I have it booting in verbose so I can check for errors) but after the text ends and the apple logo with the loading bar should appear the display (HDMI) goes blank and the monitor gives a "no signal" message. I can log into the machine with screen sharing from another computer without a problem and I think from looking at IORegistryExplorer that the connector type is wrong (showing as displayport instead of hdmi) but I have no clue where to go from here.
I've tried connecting DVI and VGA; and I can get video from VGA only, but it's glitchy as all hell and completely unusable.
Any help would be deeply appreciated. This is the third hackintosh I've built but just the first one that I'm trying to use with the IGPU only.

I'm attaching IOReg screen shot, about this mac and config with the serials removed.
 

Attachments

Likes: SoftBear

Edhawk

Moderator
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
macOS
10.15.5
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
#2
I've had a look at your config.plist and made a few adjustments for your Intel Graphics.

I have assumed you are using a 18.1 SMBIOS, if that is not the case we may need to change the ig-plaform-id in the attached config to suit a 18.2 or 18.3 smbios.

Try this and let me know if it helped.
 

Attachments

TRGB

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
macOS
10.13.6
Mobo
gigabyte h370 d3h
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
UHD 630
#3
Thanks for the reply and for taking the time to help, I have the config you sent and a couple other leads which I will pursue later in the day; I'll update the post with results as soon as I can.
 

TRGB

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2018
macOS
10.13.6
Mobo
gigabyte h370 d3h
CPU
i5 8400
GPU
UHD 630
#4
I finally got it working. If anyone else falls into this hole here's what worked for me.
This changed the ports to their correct values so the HDMI worked.


KextsToPatch
XML:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>KBL-5912000-Port_0x6_DVI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AQUJAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AgISAAACAACHAQAA
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>KBL-5912000-Port_0x6_HDMI</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AgQKAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AwQSAAAIAACHAQAA
                </data>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>KBL-5912000-Port_0x6_DP</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AwYKAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
                <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelKBLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                AQESAAAEAACHAQAA
                </data>
            </dict>
 
Likes: SoftBear

Latest posts