Z170 Gigabyte
CPU
Kabylake 6400
GPU
Evga 1060 gtx 6gb
Hi Guys
I successfully installed Catalina 10.15.7
Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 7.02.43 PM.png

Everything works just the iMessage, FaceTime and Appstore won't let me sign in :(
is there something I'm missing?

I installed using Opencore and when I loaded the os I installed clover configurator, however when I mount the EFI, there is not a clover folder in which the config.plist would reside, help me please!!!

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
Hi, you may need to to add your own MLB, SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID to the OpenCore config.plist file.

Mount the EFI partition of your system drive. You can mount it using Clover Configurator.
The path to the file is EFI/OC/config.plist

**Do not use clover configurator to edit the file.

Open the file (you can just use Text edit for simplicity or ProperTree if you are familiar with that). In Text edit do a command F (find) and type in PlatformInfo which should get you right to that section.

configfile.png

Look for the following...

Code:
<key>MLB</key>
<string>add your # here</string>

<key>SystemSerialNumber</key>

<key>SystemUUID</key>
You can generate the info in Clover Configurator... but manually paste it into the config file. Note MLB is the Board Serial Number.

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 6.32.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 6.33.14 PM.png

It is a good idea to copy the serial number and check it on this Apple page first:

https://checkcoverage.apple.com

Input your SN and if you get "We’re sorry, but this serial number isn’t valid. Please check your information and try again." then that means it is not registered and you can use it.

Fill in the section of the config file, save and re-boot.

Last edited:

yanicmb

macOS
Mobo
Z170 Gigabyte
CPU
Kabylake 6400
GPU
Evga 1060 gtx 6gb
Thanks soo much im gonna try this will update if it works!

yanicmb

macOS
Mobo
Z170 Gigabyte
CPU
Kabylake 6400
GPU
Evga 1060 gtx 6gb
oki so I did all those steps and it still there me this error, Also I generated a serial number that works now and is supported by apple, but I still get the issue when trying to sign into iMessage

Attachments

Last edited:

Railgun

macOS
Mobo
GigaByte Z490 Gaming X
CPU
i7 10700
GPU
Sapphire RX580
Try this...
  • Visit appleid.apple.com
  • Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  • In the Account section, find “Reachable at”. Do you see your Apple ID email there? If not, click the Edit button. Then click Add More. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Also try to re-set NVRAM. When you boot and get the OpenCore list, it is the last one in the list. Select it and hit enter, it will reboot.

yanicmb

macOS
Mobo
Z170 Gigabyte
CPU
Kabylake 6400
GPU
Evga 1060 gtx 6gb
Try this...
  • Visit appleid.apple.com
  • Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
  • In the Account section, find “Reachable at”. Do you see your Apple ID email there? If not, click the Edit button. Then click Add More. Follow the onscreen instructions.
Also try to re-set NVRAM. When you boot and get the OpenCore list, it is the last one in the list. Select it and hit enter, it will reboot.

Hey sorry for the late reply, I tried that and my Apple ID is present and reachable, and I tried resetting the NVRM and restarted and still got the same error for iMessage when I try to sign in :(

macOS
Mobo
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero WiFi
CPU
I7-8700K
GPU
Sapphire NITRO+ RX580 8GB

yanicmb

macOS
Mobo
Z170 Gigabyte
CPU
Kabylake 6400
GPU
Evga 1060 gtx 6gb
hey DKjackson i will try this, cause it still doesnt work for me, the hackintool i downloaded it but wasn't sure how to use it ill take a look at the guide. Appreciate the help man