macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
Hello,
I am getting an error while trying to load Catalina on my HP laptop. It is an intel 8250U processor and I have followed the Opencore Coffee Lake laptop guide and the Kaby Lake laptop guide but cannot get past this error. I will post the log and config list to the thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Your laptop uses a Kaby Lake CPU - https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-8250u-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

The CPU/IGPU has the following Device ID - 0x5917, Apple have not used this CPU, they have used CPU's with these Device ID's - 0x5916 and 0x5918. I would expect if you were running Clover you would need to use a Fake ID for the IGPU.

Your SMBIOS choice is a little off by my reckoning, you should be using a MacBook Pro 15,2 SMBIOS with the Kaby Lake R CPU, as the MBP 15,2 uses an I5-8259U, which is a closer match than the CPU's used in the MBP 14,1.

Reviewing your config.plist I would comment as follows:

Booter > Quirks:
  • Enable WriteUnprotector = False, guide shows it as True
  • SyncRuntimePermissions = True, guide shows it as False
Device Properties > Add:
  • Entry for Audio layout ID = 1, this is overwritten by Boot argument alcid=13
Kernel > Add:
  • Kext entries look OK, but not sure if you would be better using VoodooI2C in place of the VoodooPS2 controller kexts.
Kernel > Force & Patch:
  • Number of entries that do nothing, all set too False.
Kernel > Quirks:
  • DisableLinkeditJettison = True, entry is not shown in the Kaby lake laptop guide
NAVRAM > Add:
  • UIScale=<01>, if you are using FileVault this needs to be set to <02>
  • Boot Arguments look OK.
  • KeyBoard Language is set to en-US:0, is this correct?
NVRAM > PlatformInfo:
  • SMBIOS should be changed to MacBook Pro 15,2, with revised MLB, ROM, Serial etc.
UEFI > Drivers:
  • Drivers look Ok.
UEFI > Quirks:
  • UnblockFxConnect = True, try this Quirk as False
I have run the config.plist through the OpenCore 'Sanity Checker' and attached a PDF copy of the results below. Most of which I have listed above. However it does provide some additional information and options for a few config.plist settings.

If you post a photo of the laptop screen with the Kernel Panic visible I may be able to help you sort this issue.

Attachments

collit4

macOS
Mobo
FC-BGA1356
CPU
Intel i5-8250
GPU
Intel UHD graphics 620
Thank you for your assistance. I have made the changes and still get the same error. Here is a screen shot of it.

Attachments

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB

Edhawk

macOS
Mobo
GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
GPU
Powercolor RX 580 8GB
Can you confirm which version of OpenCore you are using, i.e. 0.5.9, 0.6.0, 0.6.1 or the latest 0.6.2?

I have assumed you are using v0.6.2.